Rebecca Black Reveals: I've Re-recorded My First Hit Single, 'Friday'

Fri, December 23, 2011 4:47pm EST by 8 Comments
Rebecca Black New Song
Loading video...

In a never before seen interview, YouTube sensation Rebecca Black tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively she’s releasing a new ‘acoustic’ version of the hit that made her famous, ‘Friday’

When we first sat down to catch up with Rebecca Black, we never expected to hear this. After chatting with us for more than a half an hour, the 14-year-old YouTube maven revealed to HollywoodLife.com exclusively she’s getting ready to re-release her first ever single, “Friday,” in a completely new way.

“We re-recorded ‘Friday’ and it’s totally different,” Rebecca told us. “It’s not like ‘Friday.’ It’s the same lyrics. It’s the same melody — but the style of the music behind it is very different.”

She explained, “I didn’t want it to sound like it sounds, like very pop. When we re-recorded it, I talked to my producer and said, ‘I want this to sound like we’re on the beach with friends, someone’s got a guitar, there’s drums’…I love it.”

Watch the rest of the interview clip to hear more about Rebecca’s plans for a new “Friday” music video and her upcoming album — and be sure to check back on HollywoodLife.com soon for the full interview!

More Rebecca Black!

1. Miley Cyrus Ends Feud With Rebecca Black!
  2. Watch Rebecca Black’s Brand New Videos Here!
  3. UPDATE: Rebecca Black ISN’T Recording A New Single Called ‘LOL!’ Exclusive

Friday Rebecca Black Video

Posted at 8:55 AM on May 28, 2012

Hi there, I found your website by the use of Google whilst looking for a comparable topic, your site got here up, it seems to be great. I have added to favourites|added to bookmarks.

Marcus

Posted at 1:40 PM on December 25, 2011

The only reason why girls dislike Rebecca is because she is so HOT! Females are always jealous of beautiful girls and will go way out of their way to put pretty successful girls down! So face it all you fuglies! Rebecca rocks!

Raul

Posted at 1:38 PM on December 25, 2011

I love this girl! She has more guts than all the haters in the world put together! She is teaching all the losers of the world that sitting behind the computer hating on people will get them no where while pursuing her dream makes her go places! Plus, I just heard her sing live at AOL and she has an amazing voice! Don’e believe me? Check it out yourselves on her latest video about her trip to Chicago to perform for AOL Music!

Bridget

Posted at 12:39 AM on December 25, 2011

My stomach just dropped.
I though we were rid of her?

Real Talk

Posted at 1:30 AM on December 24, 2011

nuff with this chick.

I love astro

Posted at 12:37 AM on December 24, 2011

I really like and respect Rebecca black!!
I hope this rerecorded version of Friday doesn’t give her more hate. She has done a wonderful job dealing with fame I think!!!!

helllokitty

Posted at 5:54 PM on December 23, 2011

i dont wanna hear it. The lyrics is all wrong!!

c

Posted at 4:55 PM on December 23, 2011

most annoying song ever? and anyone else notice how similar it is to that ‘baby’ song by justin bieber?