'X Factor' Results: Was Melanie Amaro, Josh Krajcik Or Chris Rene Crowned Winner?

Thu, December 22, 2011 10:15pm EDT by 99 Comments
X Factor Winner

After a finale to top all finales, the first ever USA ‘X Factor’ winner was announced. Are YOU happy with who we chose?

The X Factor finale started off on an exciting foot with the top 12 contestants singing Lady Gaga‘s “The Edge of Glory,” which was bittersweet seeing Rachel Crow and Astro, who were kicked off possibly too soon. Up next, we saw holidays tunes by the top three — Melanie Amaro, Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene — which were lovely, but ultimately, we wanted to see who was the winner of the $5 million recording contract!

Unfortunately, they kept it from us for awhile longer. First, we got to see Justin Bieber and Stevie Wonder (and Drew!).

Sadly, Chris was eliminated first. “I feel amazing that I got to be here,” he said, proudly.

Then we got to see 50 Cent collaborate with Astro, another montage, followed by Pitbull, Ne-Yo and Marcus Canty, Jennifer Hudson and more.

Finally, the winner is announced — and it’s MELANIE AMARO! Josh took it like a champ and said, “Melanie deserves it.”

Were you happy with the results? Sound off below!

Loading video...

Click here for photo highlights from season one!

More ‘X Factor:’

1. Kirstin Says: Is Rachel Crow, 14, Too Young For The ‘X Factor’ Spotlight?
  2. ‘X Factor’ Results: Was Rachel Crow Or Marcus Canty Eliminated?
  3. ‘X Factor’ Finalist Rachel Crow Reveals Emotional Tribute To BFF Drew Ryniewicz

Prudence Russell

Posted at 11:03 PM on December 29, 2011

CONGRATULATION MELANIE…
YOUR GIFTED VOICE SURE PREVAILED AMONG OTHERS. MAY YOU HAVE THE BRIGHTEST SINGING CAREER THAT WILL TAKE YOU OVER TO THE MANY WONDERFUL THINGS IN LIFE. MY WHOLE FAMILY LIKED YOU FROM THE VERY ADVENT OF X FACTOR AND HATED SIMON COWELL WHEN HE ELIMINATED YOU. YOU WERE THE BRIGHT STAR WE SAW FROM THE BEGINNING OF X FACTOR…WE HAVE CONSISTENTLY TUNE IN TO THE X FACTOR BECAUSE OF YOU, WE NEVER MISSED A DAY WATCHING YOU SING. GOD BLESS AND MORE POWER TO YOU. -PRUDENCE

kaki palmer

Posted at 10:19 PM on December 24, 2011

u all need to stop hating and appreciate a talent when u see and hear it…Melanie is brilliant and all of america knows it…nothing will stop her now

kilitgirl

Posted at 8:02 PM on December 24, 2011

This to aunt jemima who seem to be hating on her on self.Because you show’s your own ignorance when you decided to take for yourself a name as such.I think I hint A LITTLE BIT OF JEALOUSY!!!.Maybe you should get on the next plane two south africa.

kilitgirl

Posted at 7:54 PM on December 24, 2011

I understand that there was a lot of talent on the show.But lets celebrate the success of them all.Because they all are winners.There life does’t stop because some of them didn’t win on x-factor.

LISA

Posted at 2:08 AM on December 24, 2011

Melanie is a talent young lady, I knew she would
win, she desire it.

aunt jemima

Posted at 11:25 AM on December 24, 2011

you must be one of those illiterate jamaicans with that attitude of i deserve it all of a sudden her mammie wants to be in her life typical black story become famous and now i will be a parent

YAla Tibbits

Posted at 12:16 AM on December 29, 2011

you are a dumb ass beyond ignorant bitch!!!!!

Beautiful

Posted at 11:10 PM on December 23, 2011

First of all,Melanie has talent..If u think Chris has talent..Then u need to check for a doctor cause he was horrible..Couldnt stand him…The best Was Melanie for Females..Nd Josh For Male Singers…Chris SHOULD OF LEFT ALONG TIME AGO…..Atleast sit down on ur chair.Listen to one of her song such as her final song..Then U will know what Singing as a talent is …#TeamMelanie Forever

aunt jemima

Posted at 11:17 PM on December 23, 2011

when i saw melanie the first thing I though of was pancakes and uncle remus he was drinking so much moonshine that even after 2am melanie still looked bad that ho is ugly fat and full of black attitude yuk i wouldn’t screw her with someone else’s cock

Heats

Posted at 9:12 PM on February 13, 2012

No Chris was good for he type of music and josh for his. She was good for her but not the best.

bleeding ears

Posted at 10:34 PM on December 23, 2011

harmony and destiny how would you like to cum with me on a vacation and you can put make-up on me so i don’t look like a train hit me then i will talk to you like a jamaican and you will realize that bob marley lives in my behind

harmoni

Posted at 10:17 PM on December 23, 2011

I am so glad that melanie won the x fator because she has sush amazing voice!

Melanie Amaro

Posted at 10:15 PM on December 23, 2011

Hi guys thank you to all my fans Thank you to DESTINY and Hagan

Can you reply and tell me what you would want with 5 Million Dollars

harmoni

Posted at 10:19 PM on December 23, 2011

Melanie your such an amazing singer!! I am so glad you won the 5 millon dollars you deserve it

Prudence Russell

Posted at 11:12 PM on December 29, 2011

MELANIE….CONGRATULATION ONCE AGAIN -Prudence

Val

Posted at 3:33 AM on January 30, 2012

I would like a new house with pink and sparkles every were

DESTINY

Posted at 10:11 PM on December 23, 2011

i was quiet angry when chris rene Left i thought they all could of won but i think Melanie she has a BEAUTIFUL voice@!!!
WEll done Melanie

Lee

Posted at 7:44 PM on December 23, 2011

Personally, I do’nt like all three :-) I quit watchiing when they voted off Drew, then Rachel :-)

DESTINY

Posted at 10:13 PM on December 23, 2011

Yeah Drew And rachel were both good and Chris Rene

Prudence Russell

Posted at 11:40 PM on December 29, 2011

DESTINY….
I HAD NO IDEA WHAT DREW WAS DOING IN THE COMPETITION…LIKE L.A. REID SAID TO HER AND I QUOTE “i can never know if you sung that same song from last week” WE LAUGH. SHE MUST BE THE MOST BORING OF ALL THE CONTESTANT. THE YODELING KID SHOULD HAVE BEEN THROWN OUT FROM THE GET GO BUT SHE HANG IN THERE…WAS SO HAPPY WHEN THEY TOOK HER OFF THE SHOW.
RACHEL IS KID STUFF. THERE ARE MORE OF US ADULTS WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE A RESPONSIBLE SINGER.
CHRIS IS ONE OF A KIND..REAL GOOD…BUT HE HIMSELF KNOWS WHY AT THE LAST PART OF THE SHOW HE NEEDED TO BOW OUT…AND HE UNDERSTOOD. -Prudence

Prudence Russell

Posted at 11:11 PM on December 29, 2011

GOOD FOR YOU LEE….THE YODELING KID (DREW)IS A BORE. AND RACHEL SHOWED HER REAL KID STUFF WHEN SHE WAS THROWN OFF THE BUS.

BLEEDING EARS

Posted at 7:11 PM on December 23, 2011

stevie wonder said when chris rene got up to sing he wishes he was deaf not blind

hagan

Posted at 6:36 PM on December 23, 2011

yes she’s an amazing singer, but man, there are hundreds of melanie amaros out there. she sounds the same in everything. there are many girls who sings like her in my program.

but josh is so good and unique. he should’ve won

miriam ogawa

Posted at 6:13 PM on December 23, 2011

I was really sad that Josh didn’t win. His unique and soulful voice deserves to win.I think this show is rigged from the very start when Simon sent Melanie home and bring her back. Anyway,I think Josh will be more successful than the not so special voice of Melanie.

klj

Posted at 3:35 PM on December 27, 2011

How right you are.Josh was THE MAN

Prudence Russell

Posted at 11:26 PM on December 29, 2011

MIRIAM….
IT WAS A TOSS OF THE COIN. EITHER WAY, I LOVE THEM THREE…
MELAMIE, JOSH AND CHRIS RENE. JOSH AND CHRIS MAY NOT BE THE WINNER ON THE INITIAL X FACTOR, BUT REST ASSURE THAT THESE THREE WILL BE TALK OF THE WORLD. THEY ALL HAVE THEIR OWN UNIQUE VOICES AND PERFORMANCES. PRETTY SURE JOSH AND CHRIS ARE LIKEWISE WINNERS OF THIS X FACTOR. I JUST WISH ALL THREE COULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE TITLE AS WINNER BUT…IT WAS JUST LIKE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST, AND MELANIE GOT THE PRIZE. WISH HER THE BEST OF EVERYTHING. SHE IS A LOVELY YOUNG LADY. -PRUDENCE

Rennie

Posted at 4:45 PM on December 23, 2011

Miss Amaro deserve it all the way!!! she has a remarkable voice!!!

Paula Constantine

Posted at 4:22 PM on December 23, 2011

I’m so happy for Melanie (God is good… what Simon did was wonderful. Thanks Simon for give Melanie another chance).

Dayna Newman

Posted at 2:23 PM on December 23, 2011

I’m happy for Melanie she has a beautiful voice but is non memorable.
My choice would have been Chris Rene,I believe he had so much to say ,give and he was unique.Josh also has an amazing Michael Bolton-esque voice but I still would have loved to have seen Chris win..
But Congrats to Melanie all the same.

annelien

Posted at 1:54 PM on December 23, 2011

I am not happy and feel I just waisted my time and enery to have watched the show, she is boring and not worth 5mil she did not once sing any song’s written or showed originality she is a cover singer and I can not believe the USA folk believe she desirve’s that kind of status……Josh yes he can and he is in my eye’s the X factor winner I choose not to acknowledge her as the winner. Chris Rene is more than just…they should have made it how has the best vocals because that is all she(Miss fake accent has)M Sorry Josh and sorry Chris if only everybody every were could have Voted she would not be sitting with the Title!!!!!!!

Kevin

Posted at 2:06 PM on December 23, 2011

Stop whining!! The best singer won as chosen by viewers. The results weren’t even close. Most singers on reality shows are forgotten soon after the show ends. A good example is Chris Allen who won ahead of Adam on Idol. Today people would say.. Chris who? Melanie will make it big!

oh my

Posted at 1:52 PM on December 23, 2011

the votes were fixed i think because she wasnt even shocked she won. did you see when they announced it she just stood there like :O any other winner would pull a rachel crow and drop to the floor in tears. fake fake fake simon knew the whole time she would win. it makes me wonder who would have won if she wasnt brought back. way to go simon! *rolls eyes*

rayven

Posted at 1:31 PM on December 23, 2011

well to me i thought melanie amaro and she is up there with beyonce when she holds a note. althob josh krajik is like a male adle is voice gives me goose bumps so he should ghave one to.last but not leat chris rene excellent he quit his drug addiction and tom me he qwould have been a great sond writer for us. did you know that chris son is 4yaers old. so srry for the long speech im just making my point of view and some others your lovely,
rayven

sandra

Posted at 1:20 PM on December 23, 2011

I am happy for the winner I believe it was her moment in
time very proud of her.out of the last 3 ,It was her moment
in time no matter what the world think.It was her tine to shine and she did it well!!!!!!

mimi tholsted

Posted at 11:52 AM on December 23, 2011

I was thinking the same thing….Josh for me is the best, most exiting singer ,,,,we have many female singers like the winner!!!
Josh will do very well without the titel of X-Factor he is such a great musician and people can listen to him forever and never get tired of him with his piano and his guitar, he is the greatest – so dont worry he will make a great future…and for Chris same thing …he will do great !!!

chritstine johnston

Posted at 9:05 AM on December 23, 2011

I can,t beleave Josh did not win
Melanie is great, Don,t get me wrong,
No one has a voice like josh

TORI

Posted at 6:55 PM on December 23, 2011

I HOPE SIMON READS THIS BECAUSE WE WERE HOPING WE WOULD HAVE A LEGITAMATE WINNER

OBVIOUSLY MELANIE WAS THE TOP 5 PICK ALL ALONG AND WE WATCHED A STAGED PERFORMANCE OF BRINGING HER BACK.

FURTHERMORE JOSH HAD MUCH MORE TALENT THAN MELANIE AND THE JUDGES CLOSING COMMENTS WERE SLANTED FOR MELANIE!

WE LOVED JOSH

jlk

Posted at 3:40 PM on December 27, 2011

You are soooo right.I was stunned that Josh didn’t win he was by far the best performer on the show

Prudence Russell

Posted at 11:56 PM on December 29, 2011

TORI…
…AND WE LOVE JOSH TOO. TOUGH! MELANIE WAS THE LEGITIMATE WINNER OF THE X FACTOR AND SHE WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS THE WINNER OF THE INITIAL X FACTOR SHOW. ALL I CAN SAY TO YOU IS BE HAPPY FOR HER…YOU DON’T HAVE TOO BUT….AS SIMON SAID ON HIS CLOSING REMARK…”WE HAVE FOUND OUR SUPERSTAR AND WE THANK ALL THOSE WHO SUPPORTED THE SHOW AND MELANIE” AMEN.

dlf

Posted at 11:26 PM on January 18, 2012

Just getting around to checking who won. I’m glad I didn’t waste my time watching the final show, as it appears fixed from the start. Josh all the way with his unique voice. Fixed, Same Old , Same Old. I won’t waste my time watching any future Simon shows. Josh I’ll be waiting to buy your first album.

Opti

Posted at 8:49 AM on December 23, 2011

in a strange way I am glad Josh didn’t win….he seemed to be uncomfortable with all the stage hoopla, hope he has success under his own terms and be true to the artist he is. I am from the old school and would, even at 60 plus years go to see him. He has paid due for his dream and is unique and marketable as an artist….which he is down deep in his soul…rock on Josh, you are a breath of fresh air. My wife adds America got it wrong, and so did Simon

Eddie Yak

Posted at 5:34 AM on December 23, 2011

I think we should all respect the results before it was by public votes. Nobody have a hold over the decisions and results. Their were unfortunate results in this voting process but we still should respect it, remember Rachel Crow and Astro were voted out, don’t think Marcus Canti were the better singer, three times the LA Reid , Nichol and Paula help him back in. It it fair ? I doubted it.

Sam

Posted at 12:18 PM on December 23, 2011

I was more tham happy with the final results. I keep hearing comments about Astro. He needed to be sent home a lot sooner than he was. This was a singing compitition and over the course of 3 months he didn’t “sing” a single note, not one word. Needless to say “I hate Rap”, it is not singing, it’s talking and most of us can do that just fine.

Prudence Russell

Posted at 12:01 AM on December 30, 2011

SAM…
AS RAY CHARLES PUT IT “RAP IS NOT MUSIC” IT’S A NOISE THAT IS HURTING MANY MUSICAL EARS ACCORDING TO RAY CHARLES. THAT ASTRO SHOULD HAVE BEEN THROWN OFF THE SHOW LONG TIME AGO, BUT IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME HE WOULD DISAPPEAR AND GLAD THEY DID VANISH HIM EVENTUALLY. I THANK MY LUCKY STAR FOR THAT. =PRUDENCE