'Glee' Star Naya Rivera Would Rather Date Justin Bieber Than Robert Pattinson

Wed, December 21, 2011 10:00pm EST by 20 Comments

Proactiv’s latest spokesperson tells HollywoodLife.com why she’d love a night out with the Biebs.

Naya Rivera‘s character on Glee may have trouble picking sides — in more ways than one — but in real life, there’s one choice she doesn’t have to think twice about. She tells HollywoodLife.com she’d pass on a date with Robert Pattinson for a night with Justin Bieber, because “he could teach me how to dance!”

“I have never met Justin,” Naya admits. “But I would like to!”

One celeb she has met, however, is Gloria Estefan, who will be playing her mom on an upcoming episode of Glee.

Naya says she met Gloria Estefan on the Glee set before she was cast to play her mother.

“When I found out Gloria Estefan was going to play the part of my mom, I was so excited,” she says. “I couldn’t believe it. It was like a dream come true! My mom loves her. I love her. She is a really incredible person and singer.”

She also reveals that she relates to her character, Santana, more than people might think. While she isn’t gay in real life, Naya says she faced her share of problems in high school.

“My high school years were really, really difficult,” she says. “I felt really alone. I had no confidence and didn’t feel like I could fit in. I had my family and they were my support system. It’s really important to reach out if you are being bullied in school or feel alone. There are so many places you can go to for support. You never have to be alone.”

So where does she get her confidence now? It could be from the Bible or The Secret, two books Naya says she goes to for inspiration.

— Reporting by Sandra Clark

Anonymous

Posted at 3:55 AM on July 22, 2013

I have a notable synthetic attention intended for fine detail
and can anticipate issues before these people take place.

Justin B.

Posted at 10:37 PM on January 10, 2012

Uh.. no way in H*LL.

You are so UGLY.

How did someone with such an ugly face, get on tv?

I’m so sick of all the ugly people on TV.

I see enough ugly people in day to day life, I don’t need to come home to see them on TV.

Get rid of the ugly people as main characters.

Bieberslady

Posted at 3:39 PM on January 2, 2012

HELL YES!
JUSTIN & NAYA = JAYA <3
just get married please.
She's so so beautiful and justin is so sexy. Best couple ever.
And naya is more beautiful and talented than selena

Summer

Posted at 10:39 PM on January 10, 2012

Are you legally blind?

Her face is sooooooo UGLY.

kingkasyski

Posted at 7:02 AM on December 22, 2011

I’m sure Rob ,doesn’t want to hang out with her blow up fish lips and fake ass boobs too.

George Lopez

Posted at 10:41 PM on January 10, 2012

Her mouth is so effing ugly, and I usually like slutty looking Latinas.

Maria

Posted at 6:07 AM on December 22, 2011

GOSH!!! Just Fuck This BITCH!!!

wrong again

Posted at 3:15 PM on December 21, 2011

Leave it to Hollywoodlife to get the simplest of things wrong. There is actual video w/audio. The question was who would she rather hang out with NOT DATE. God you get more wrong then right on this site. Lazy.

Maria

Posted at 1:35 PM on December 21, 2011

I have to admit that my favorite person in the world is Rob, but i have to say that i like Justin’s song as well. But only his songs. I don’t like his character or look at all. He was a very good kid and when fame came he didn’t stay ‘down to earth’. But Rob is an amazing actor and singer that was and still is down to earth and has the same beliefs and style as he had before fame came. I’d go out on a date with Rob for sure. He is totally more romantic, caring, good, handsome etcs…

rolling

Posted at 11:25 AM on December 21, 2011

The most overrated cast member on Glee, not including Darren Criss. Santana is becoming almost as unbearable as Blaine.

toto

Posted at 11:21 AM on December 21, 2011

ofcourse she wants a lesbian friend….. who better than lesbo bieber ? lol

me

Posted at 5:21 PM on December 28, 2011

so true SO TRUE!!! HAHAHAHA

Priscila carvalho

Posted at 10:54 AM on December 21, 2011

This guy thinks Maxine is, you idiot. wash your mouth to speak of Naya Rivera!

Priscila carvalho

Posted at 10:59 AM on December 21, 2011

This guy thinks Maxine is, is that you idiot. wash your mouth to speak of Naya Rivera. and yet but to call it an idiot!

Eniel

Posted at 10:08 AM on December 21, 2011

Good choice Naya :D

Kate

Posted at 9:42 AM on December 21, 2011

Neither. I’d rather date Naya.

maxine

Posted at 9:30 AM on December 21, 2011

rob!!!!!! who cares about what this stupid girl says i would die to go on a date with rob pattinson hes hot sexy cute gorgeous funny and nice what else can you want hes the dream

margarita

Posted at 9:45 AM on December 21, 2011

and you’re STUPID for saying that!

nk2

Posted at 12:55 PM on December 21, 2011

I say Rob definaltley he is mature and has that sophisticated Brit attitude he is tall and masculline funny very funny and totally a good kisser just talking about Rob gives me goose bumps.Hmmmm sexy very sexy.

Aloka

Posted at 11:09 PM on December 21, 2011

Don’t call others stupid because I would definitely go out with Rob! He’s the best celebrity there is, he has all the good qualities a person should have, he’s so humble, he’s funny without even trying-he’s better than Zac Efron and all other actors out there. He’s a hard-worker. He’s so effing HOT!