Kendall Jenner's 'Sweet 16' Special Recap: Kendall Tells Off Mom Kris Jenner: 'I Don't Want This' Extravaganza!

Tue, December 20, 2011 3:48am EDT by 31 Comments
Kendall Jenner Sweet 16

Poor Kendall Jenner. Her pushy mom, Kris Jenner wants to throw her an extravagant blowout in the Bahamas and Ken fights backs: ” mom – you’re embarrassing me! Did Kendell get the more ‘normal’ party she fought for or not on her  drama-fillled ‘Sweet 16′ special on E!?

Kendall Jenner‘s Sweet 16 special started off, with a bang Dec. 19 with all the older Kardashian girls remembering how they spent their sixteenth birthdays.

“Look how skinny I was!” Kim squealed while looking at the photos. “I loved it!” Kim is always so insightful.

Having interviewed all the girls separately, I’m a firm believer that if anyone will make something of themselves outside of just being a “Kardashian,” it’ll be Kendall. She’s well-spoken, modest and down to earth, which is no small feat coming from the most famous — and vapid — reality family in the world.

“I’m excited to be 16, first off, because I can drive,” Kendall said. “I think it just sounds older, so it will make me just sound cooler.”

Alright, so we weren’t off on the best foot with that comment.

Khloe — like a true middle child — remembered her sixteenth birthday when a brand new Mercedes pulled up to the house. But — plot twist — it wasn’t for her. It was for her mom, Kris.

“I gave birth to you so I got a present for myself,” Kris — the mastermind of all the Kardashian businesses — explained. Insert maniacal laughter here.
_______________________________________________________________

“I want this to kind of be a low key party,” Kendall begged at the beginning of the show. “I don’t want this to be huge.” Sorry, honey. Have you met your mom?

She added, “I’m really grateful for the privileges I have, but with so many families struggling, I just want to do something simple with my family and friends.”

Kendall, this is why you’re my favorite K of the bunch. (Side note: I wonder what she thinks of her sisters’ Kourtney and Kim Take New York commercial prominently featuring a private chopper and Louboutins)
_______________________________________________________________

Kendall then threw the ladies of her household for a loop.

“I really want a tattoo,” she said, carefully.

“Over my dead body,” Kim said.

It’s pretty funny when Kris and Kim get upset — you can’t tell because their vocabulary isn’t super verbose and their faces don’t move.

Of course, Khloe, the free spirit, supported the ink.
_______________________________________________________________

Cut to the next scene, where Bruce and Kendall went shopping for a car. You know, because it’s every 16-year-old child’s God given right to get a brand new car. Bruce wanted to make sure there wouldn’t be any drinking or any “hanky panky” happening at the party.

Meanwhile, the older girls were horrified at the thought of an age appropriate party and started scaring Bruce with tales of their teenage drinking horror stories. Poor Bruce.
_______________________________________________________________

Since finishing planning Kim’s $15 million wedding, Kris must have been bored to tears and wanted to make Kendall’s party even BIGGER  than our first Independence Day celebration. The overly zealous mom suggested ideas like renting out the entire Four Seasons, putting in an ice skating rink, creating a bowling alley, hiring Cirque de Soleil performers and sending out authentic Chinese invitations, to name a few. She was also hyped uplavish and spectacular bash for Kendall in the Bahamas!

Poor Kendall. This was all sending her right around the bend. The was supposed to be her Sweet 16 after all!” Mom- “I’m not going to do it! Do you understand ?”You’re trying to make this bugger and bigger!” – which of course, she was. ” You’re just giving me this, you’re just handing me this and I don’t want it”, Kendall  pleaded with Kris.

“I just want to invite 50 people, so [the Four Seasons] is way too big,” Kendall said. Kendall, SHHH…if you don’t throw a big party, how will you get high ratings on your special?? Foolish girl.
_______________________________________________________________

Then the real drama happened. Kendall, who’d been obsessed with driving since she was nine, didn’t pass her driving test because she failed to look over her shoulder for bikers before making right turns.

“I knew that, I promise,” she said, sobbing.

“I gave you three chances,” the instructor said. Bummer. Into each life a little rain must fall, my dear.

_______________________________________________________________

Khloe was upset to hear parallel parking wasn’t on the driver’s test and took matters into her own hands, during a trip to the toy store where she and Kendall bought tons of toys to give to kids at the children’s hospital.

“Kendall sometimes feels guilty for her own blessings, but as long as you give back, you cannot feel guilty for the blessings you have,” Khloe explained. I like her.

However, instead of embracing her “blessings” after the hospital visit, Kendall felt even worse.

Her Mom Kris was now all hyped up about throwing a lavish and spectacular bash for Kendall in the Bahamas!

Poor Kendall. This was all sending her right around the bend. The was supposed to be her Sweet 16 after all!” Mom- “I’m not going to do it! Do you understand ?”You’re trying to make this bigger and bigger!” – which of course, she was. Kendall  pleaded with Kris.

“It’s kind of embarrassing you want me to have this huge party,” she told off her mom. “It just feels wrong.”

However, Kris decided she was just being foolish and would eventually warm up to the idea. Muahahahahaha.
_______________________________________________________________

Kendall pitched a fight with her other parent when she told her dad about the tattoo she wanted to get on her neck. Even though kids aren’t legally allowed to get tattoos in California until they are 18, Kendall discovered she could get a tattoo in Las Vegas with a guardian’s permission. Score!

“NO,” Bruce said, barely looking up from his salad. This threw Kendall into a tizzy and she complained to her mom and slammed the door.

She then opted to sneak out, get to Vegas and get the tattoo on her own. “I didn’t want it to come to this,” she told Kylie, seriously.

“You have fun with that,” Kylie said, before adding, “If you call the car service, I will go.”

Such a bizarre world, where teens not only know about car service, but have the company on speed dial.
_______________________________________________________________

During a high school football game, drama struck when Kourtney told Kendall she wouldn’t be able to attend her party in the Bahamas. Kendall realized Kris continued to plan the extravagant Sweet 16 without her permission and flipped.

“It’s embarrassing. There are people in the world who don’t have much and you’re just giving this to me. You’re handing it to me and I don’t want it!” she yelled.

“All you had to do was tell me,” Kris said, calmly. Um, she told a thousand times. We all heard it, KrissyPoo.

Kendall also decided she wanted her guests to skip presents for her and give toys that she could donate to the children’s hospital. Go, Kendall, go!

Finally getting along, the mother daughter duo decided on the location should be the Andaz West Hollywood.
_______________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Khloe, Kourtney and Kylie were trying to find a performer for the party. They tried Lil Wayne, Drake and no one was coming through. The stress!
_______________________________________________________________

Saturday rolled around and Kendall and Kylie were all dolled up and ready to go to their Vegas tattoo trip.

“Our friend’s having a mall thing,” Kendall said, lying to Bruce.

“The mall?” he asked. “Okay, I can go with that.” Ha! Joke’s on you, Brucey Boy — Kendall and Kylie aren’t actually spending 12 hours at the Beverly Center.

While in Vegas, Kylie got side tracked and left Kendall in the tattoo parlor to get candy for the sixteenth birthday party. Kendall had the tattoo traced on the back of her neck, but couldn’t find Kylie to get a second opinion.

Kylie sucks as a wing man.

“If you’re not 100%, then don’t do it,” Kourtney said on the phone, leading Kendall to hold off on the ink.

“I think it’s a better idea to do it when it’s not behind someone’s back,” she said, as the after school special music started in the background. “It’ll make me feel better about myself later.” So wise, that one.

Later that day when Daddy Bruce found out Kendall even went to a tattoo parlor, he wasn’t happy — and threatened to tighten up on security at the party once again.

He didn’t even hear the part about them sneaking out to Vegas.
_______________________________________________________________

Bruce proceeded to hire security fit for the FBI. Not only were there metal detectors, but he hired more than five undercover cops to patrol the party for underage drinking, sexual activity and weapons. Relax Bruce, we’re not in East LA!

“He’s insane. He’s treating my friends and I like we’re hoodlums,” Kendall complained, as nearly every person set off the metal detectors.

Later, Kendall heard some of her friends were trying to sneak in alcohol and begged Khloe to use her humor to deflect the situation. “We don’t condone underage drinking,” Khloe said over the speakers.

When Bruce found out what Kendall wanted Khloe to do, he was impressed and eventually excused himself from the party, convinced his daughter wasn’t a loser. Just wait until he finds out about Vegas.
_______________________________________________________________

So even though there were Toys for Tots and they didn’t go to the Bahamas, the Kardashians threw down big time for Kendall’s party. The Cirque-esque group, Lucent Dossier, performed; there was a candy bar; and one of Kendall’s favorite rappers, Tyga, gave a surprise performance. Plus, there were easily 200 people at the event — not the 50 Kendall originally requested.

That said, the birthday girl was thrilled with how everything went down.

“The party was amazing. I was so happy and I think everyone else was too. I honestly wouldn’t have changed a thing,” she raved.
_______________________________________________________________

Flash forward two weeks later to Kendall’s driving test, take two. This time, she passed with flying colors and was bequeathed with a brand new Range Rover, after a quick pep talk from Bruce about responsibility.

Even though she’s down to earth for a Kardashian, Kendall snatched those keys out of his hands faster than Kim’s marriage to Kris Humphries went south. Hey, who turns down a brand new $80,000 car? Not even Kendall.

What did you think of Kendall’s Sweet 16 special? Were you entertained enough for it to warrant an entire spin off show on Kendall and Kylie? Sound off below!
Click to read Bonnie Says on Kendall’s Sweet 16!

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Stephane Mcall

Posted at 1:22 AM on March 13, 2014

Great paintings! That is the type of info that should be
shared across the web. Shame on the search engines for now
not positioning this post higher! Come on over and discuss with my website
. Thanks =)

www.iherb.com

Posted at 9:21 AM on January 9, 2014

I almost never comment, but i did a few searching and wound up here Kendall Jenners Sweet 16 Special
Recap: Kendall & Kylie Sneak To Vegas – Hollywood Life.
And I actually do have 2 questions for you if it’s allright.

Could it be only me or does it seem like
a few of the comments look like coming from brain dead
folks? :-P And, if you are writing on additional online social sites, I’d like
to keep up with anything new you have to post.
Would you list of all of your social pages like your linkedin
profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Sonny

Posted at 12:00 PM on August 1, 2012

If you hate Kendall, please read this.
Firstly, Kendall is the most down-to-earth girl of all teen celebrities. She knows the value of money, yes, she does! She works hard to create her future, to be more famous. You people don’t know how hard is it to sale yourself. You should always be perfect and creative. Did you ever imagine that somebody always watches your every move andanything you do people will know about?
Kednall is talented in modelling, speaking, and in fashion. I wish her a great future.

Cody

Posted at 7:26 PM on March 5, 2012

Kendell is cute and reason. If it were here fame hungry moron sis Kylie she would have gone to Bahamas and asked for a private jet. She is Kim k junior. Cody has to be very careful or she is going to make a sex tape with him. Kylie will soon crawl under a rock. They paparazzi should go for their grades in school. Why are they skipping college.

martinique

Posted at 3:05 PM on February 11, 2012

I love the party they had I am also have a 16th party in march

Maya

Posted at 5:46 AM on January 29, 2012

Oh my goodness. Kendall is not a spoilt brat. She feels guilty because people like u haters make the kardashiands feel bad. Just because they have a tv show about their lives and their a tad dramatic at times doesnt mean there horrible people like so many people make them out to be. Kendall now feels guilty because of those people and doesnt want to have an extravagant party so people dont judge her. and Kris want trying to be pushy. They’re successful business people who have plenty of money to afford a over the top party so that was all she was thinking about. Kendall seems like a lovely girl and dont judge her other wise until u meet her and have a terrible experience with her.

m

Posted at 10:02 PM on December 20, 2011

all I see is a new driver with paparazzi lights flashing—& 16 year old’s aren’t supposed to drive with people under 25…right? her friend looks pretty young, eh?

Maya

Posted at 5:47 AM on January 29, 2012

people can drive at 16 in the states

Emily

Posted at 7:58 PM on December 20, 2011

She acts lik a spoiled lil brat and vry rude n disrespectful if ii evry tlkd 2 mii mom lik tht ii wood get smacked up in mmi mouth.

lilanolie

Posted at 6:54 PM on December 20, 2011

I just have one question…isn’t Kendall a twin??? What is all the hype about her birthday and no mentions of the other sister’s birthday…I don’t get it…

lilanolie

Posted at 7:02 PM on December 20, 2011

So I take it back …I didn’t realize Kendall is older than Kylie…my bad… =p

Aby

Posted at 8:10 PM on December 20, 2011

No I think they are 2 years difference

jhhjghhh

Posted at 10:27 AM on December 22, 2011

no she’s 2 yrs older than kylie

karina

Posted at 1:41 PM on January 3, 2012

They aren’t twins Kendall is 16 while Kylie her younger sister is only 14 :)

karina

Posted at 1:54 PM on January 3, 2012

I honestly think that Kendall is the most down to earth Kardashian (well Jenner that is) Say all you want about it being an act but I truly belie ve her she can take all the advantages of being a millionaire but think about it! If she did most people would call her a stuck up snotty rich bratt! but still she thinks about everyone else before herself and they still call her that!!! I picked team Kendall because I support her decision and I think it was sweet ofof

karina

Posted at 1:58 PM on January 3, 2012

Kendall is one of my favorite Kardashians/Jenners (well I <3 them all) Say all you want about it being an act but I truly believe her she can take all the advantages of being a millionaire but think about it! If she did most people would call her a stuck up snotty rich bratt! but still she thinks about everyone else before herself and they still call her that!!! I picked team Kendall because I support her decision and I think it was sweet of Kris a.k.a. Mommager to want to do what she wanted because its her daughter and all she wants is whats best for her and to make her happy. So change that Im team Kendall/Kris ;)

sofiah

Posted at 1:56 PM on December 20, 2011

Why can’t she even accept it? Its great to have your sweet 16 birthday party in the Bahamas! It would be so much fun than having your sweet 16 in disneyland or a theme park etc. She acts like a spoilt brat,no offence I know she wants it her way but the mother specially surprised it for her and she ruined it and she made her mom hurt! Just accept it whatever your mom gives you. You don’t expect everything to be your way. So ungrateful and heartless.

shad

Posted at 1:05 PM on December 20, 2011

this girl seems like a spoiled brat…rude and disrespectful to spek to her mom that way i dont care what kind of party she wanted you dont SCREAM at your mom…

Caitlin

Posted at 1:54 PM on December 20, 2011

excuse me a mom should never be as push with a 16 year old daughter. its so wrong!!!!!

bricks

Posted at 9:45 PM on January 15, 2012

Yes when I was her age, even now, I would and could never speak to my parents that way. But Kendall is raised in front of cameras, her mom lives a very extraordinary life and Kendall still feels guilty about the priviliages she has, she is trying to see through all the glamorous things, she never ever knew any different. I bought my own 2nd hand car when I was 18 but that doesnt mean alot of 16 year olds don’t get cars and if my family could afford it I would have too, it is better to have a safe good car then a car with issues. Also right at the beginning of this episode Kendall said she doesn’t like that much attention on herself and would like a low key party with like 50 people, but Kris spoke over her and said Kendall is having a huge sweet 16 bash and took Kendall to all these places that would hold hundreds of people and Kendall said again calmly that she doesn’t feel comfortable having something so big, but Kris again over spoke Kendall almost like she wasn’t listening to her and said there is no pleasing Kendall and continued to try to find these large expensive places to throw the party, she was completely disregarding Kendall. She then told Kendall that she received an offer for a huge celebration in the Bahamas and again Kendall told her mom she didn’t want something so huge. But Kris felt Kendall was saying no but she knew what is good for her daughter and felt a huge party in the Bahamas was the right thing, Kris was not caring what Kendall was requesting, It seemed like she was more concerned about making herself happy or I really don’t know what she was doing. So when Kourtney informed Kendall about the Bahamas bday she finally had it and she then blew up on her mother and after all that Kris says to Kendall “why didn’t you tell me this in the first place, it would have made it a lot easier”, but instead of Kendall going nuts and saying I did many times, she calmly said that she should have told her. So it wasn’t as black and white as the video clip above showed

galey

Posted at 1:04 PM on December 20, 2011

Gracious? Really? Where do you live, under a rock???????

Farrah

Posted at 12:48 PM on December 20, 2011

i’m from the bahamas and it would ‘ve been really cool for her to come here wouldve brought good publicity , also kris just never learns she always pushing her children too far she should respect thier wishes and rights she sets herself up for dissapointment

Theresa

Posted at 12:32 PM on December 20, 2011

They are NOT even a percentage Kardashian. They are Jenners. Who else on earth does this? Dismisses the heritage of the kids for the ex husbands name of their mother. So odd.

jasmine cruz

Posted at 12:03 PM on December 20, 2011

hey i love yar show and i just wanted to know if ya could come to my 15 and khloe i love you !!

sf

Posted at 8:18 AM on December 20, 2011

I don’t know..but i don’t beleive her (kendall) she don’t care about children in hospital..

Karen

Posted at 7:49 AM on December 20, 2011

I loved last nights episode we got to see Kendall & Kylie more than ever and Kendall is so down to earth and so humble and Kylie is just like a mini Khloe shes so funny

D

Posted at 5:10 AM on December 20, 2011

love kendall. her sweet 16 special just proved how down to earth and nice she is. makes her even prettier.

Camacho

Posted at 4:02 AM on December 20, 2011

my roomate’s ex-wife makes $80 hourly on the computer. She has been without work for 5 months but last month her paycheck was $9004 just working on the computer for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more…MakeCash23.com

Kris Jenner

Posted at 9:41 AM on December 20, 2011

I’m sorry, how does this relate to a recap on my daughter’s Sweet 16.

HAHAHA

Posted at 10:41 AM on December 20, 2011

OMG I just died laughing a bit.

sarah

Posted at 12:14 PM on December 20, 2011

it doesn’t what so ever. they are trying to find dirt on your child. i’m 16 and i know what is like. your whole family is very gracious with what they have unlike some people in this world. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! :)