Kendall Jenner's Sweet 16 Freakout Proves She Has Better Family Values Than Mom Kris Jenner

Tue, December 20, 2011 2:53pm EDT by 15 Comments
Kendall Jenner 16th Birthday

Hooray for Kendall Jenner, who had the good sense to reject her PR-minded mom Kris Jenner’s plan for an expensive, over-the-top Sweet 16 bash in the Bahamas!

Kendall Jenner — I am high fiving you for doing something that  your older sisters have rarely done — stand up to your mom and say, “NO!”

For you, the moment came when you learned through oldest sister Kourtney that your mother was planning behind your back to throw a HUGE Sweet 16 extravaganza thousands of miles away in the Bahamas.

Naturally, there was some sponsorship involved.

I could see, as could anyone who watched last night’s Kendall Jenner Sweet 16 Special on E! did, that you felt completely betrayed and blind-sided by your party-obsessed mother.

Your mom didn’t even tell you her scheme. It was up to Kourtney to break the news when she was telling you she couldn’t come , while you were in the middle of cheerleading for your school.

“She’s insane. My mom needs to calm down. This is so annoying because she needs to believe that this is my party and not hers,” you told Kourtney with the frustration rising in your voice.

I got it. I was with you and I bet virtually the entire audience watching the show was with you too. Come on Kris — Kendall is just 16 and she wisely knew that she didn’t want, deserve or feel comfortable with a Sweet 16 equivalent of Kim Kardashian‘s ill-fated circus of a wedding.

Kendall — you knew instinctively that an expensive faraway party was completely inappropriate for someone your age. You knew that what was important to you was to have a party close to home that the friends you were close to could attend.

When you confronted your mom and said “You’re trying to make this bigger and bigger and you’re embarrassing me. I don’t want it,” you were in the right and she was totally in the wrong. Kris you were especially unfair to tell Kendall that she was “acting a little unappreciative!”

NOT AT ALL: What kind of mother forces her daughter to become a spectacle for the sake of selling a TV special? Hmm!

Kendall — somehow despite living a life of luxury and privilege you have developed empathy for less fortunate children and teenagers. It was really commendable of you to ask guests to NOT give you gifts and instead to bring toys for sick children at the Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles.

“For my mom to be like, ‘Oh, we’re going to have this huge extravagant party,’ and to think those kids can’t even go to a party because they’re sitting in a hospital bed, it’s just really sad ,”you said.

Good for you Kendall. Those are impressive values, especially for a 16-year-old!

Fortunately, you also realized that sneaking behind your parents back to get a tattoo was also the wrong thing to do. The fact that you could actually order plane tickets and a car service for you and little sister Kylie, 14, is wrong enough — how could your parents give you credit cards that would enable you to do that?

But at least you realized that if you defied your dad, Bruce Jenner, and got a tattoo when he forbade it, it’s even worse than your mother plotting a showy, excessive Sweet 16 extravaganza behind your back.

Kendall — I’ve met you and you impressed me as a lovely, mature girl. Please keep your head on straight and your family values intact no matter how big your mom Kris pushes your career! What do you think Hollywoodlifers? Does Kendall have better family values than her mother? Tell me and VOTE!

– Bonnie Fuller

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Recipe for Banana Nut Muffins

Posted at 2:32 PM on June 9, 2012

I’m still learning from you, but I’m improving myself. I definitely liked reading all that is posted on your site.Keep the information coming. I liked it!

top alexa ranking

Posted at 8:04 AM on May 29, 2012

Hi there, I found your web site by the use of Google even as looking for a similar subject, your website came up, it seems to be good. I’ve added to my favourites|added to my bookmarks.

candy

Posted at 10:00 PM on April 1, 2012

kendall happy birthday and pls obey your parents and as well dont let them force you in what you donot want to do but follow advices closely you know they help very much and donot make promises you cannot keep

lissa

Posted at 11:48 AM on January 3, 2012

I think this is awesome…I mean for her to not accept it..issh I would of…what really suprised me was not accepting gifts…how cool is that to give to ppl who can’t afford …if u ask me that whole family should give back more…they came up sooo fast damn dooo I need a sex tape too…lol TEAM KENDALL

Ari

Posted at 8:54 AM on January 3, 2012

One of my friends always plays this game that he calls “Where’s Kris Jenner?” Anytime you see a picture of any of her children KJ is in the background trying to get photographed as well. It’s so funny.

Lauren

Posted at 1:05 PM on December 29, 2011

Seriously?! She says “there are people that are less fortunate” and so on, but yet she wants a $90,000 car. It makes no sense. It’s just for show, if you really care about the less fortunate then help them with $90,000 instead of yourself.

candy

Posted at 10:13 PM on April 1, 2012

you see when someone works his money let him enjoy his sweat alittle if she tries to help others let something for her too but also she like try to compare herself to other children so she could know how to use her money that is use it the way ateenager is supposed to use and keep some for the future you never know

strike_a_poseur

Posted at 11:11 AM on December 23, 2011

2.92% so far = Kris Jenner voting. Shame.

Jen

Posted at 2:18 AM on December 22, 2011

I officially Love this girl…what a down to earth,sweet girl.

Bonnie

Posted at 9:48 PM on December 21, 2011

Bonnie Fuller, you have the facts but do you watch the show?? Bruce Jenner saw how much his little girls were so into the privileges they have, he took them to see how alot of kids and teens live. with a couple of their big sisters. The girls learned and hung out with them and they were waken to the real world. They swapped cell numbers with a girl they became friends with. This is why they are a where of the poor and unprivileged; plus you did not mention about how proud Chris Jenner was of her daughter wanting Her gifts to be given to the Childerns Hosital.Chris said right then and there the other party was cancelled and Kendell Choose her own Venue for her party she did and it was a BIG BASH with a rapper, a candy station and i am sure the most amazing food.

Denise

Posted at 1:40 PM on December 21, 2011

Seriously, you are the president and CEO of a website that is about nothing but Hollywood and you bought this ridiculousness? If you can’t see that this was staged humanity, for lack of a better word, or contrived normalcy no doubt arranged by a PR firm that told the Kardashians as a whole that as human beings, they sucked more than bottom feeders, and that they should put all their stock in the next generation because soon they will have no audience….Kim is one more sham away from destroying it all. Oh wait, duh, stupid me, how much did they pay you?

s

Posted at 9:27 AM on December 21, 2011

Kim and mommapimp are hurting Kendall Jenner. She is being pushed.

boycott e channel and ryan seacrest and anything Jenner/Kartrash

people itz reality

Posted at 5:20 PM on December 20, 2011

I THINK KRIS IS GOING OD BUT KENDAL SHOULD AT LEAST APPRESATE THE STUFF HER MOM IS TRYING TO DO FOR HER I WISH I COULD HAVE LIFE LIKE KENDAL!!!!

Reality Really

Posted at 1:29 PM on December 21, 2011

I think Kendall is just growing up….. I mean face look who her big sister are..Superstars!

Jen

Posted at 2:19 AM on December 22, 2011

well,not everyone is as superficial as you are.not everyone wants material objects in spades.