David Archuleta Breaks Down Sobbing At Concert During Important Announcement

Tue, December 20, 2011 9:39pm EST by 7 Comments
David Archuleta Mormon Mission
Loading video...

David Archuleta couldn’t contain his emotions when he announced at his concert Dec. 19 he’s decided to go on a two year Mormon mission

David Archuleta is currently on his My Kind of Christmas Tour and wanted to wait until he was in his home town of Salt Lake City, Utah to make a very important announcement to his fans. The 20-year-old American Idol runner up revealed he has decided to go on his Mormon mission.

“I’ve chosen to serve a full-time mission,” he told the crowd Dec. 19. The audience erupted into cheers and even gave him a standing ovation, leading him to break down and cry.

“It’s not because someone told me I was supposed to do it and not because I no longer want to do music anymore,” he explained. “It’s because it’s what I feel I need to do next in my life. It’s the same feeling that I’ve always tried to follow in my life.”

Although it’s not clear where David will be serving his term, he’ll follow a very strict regiment through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We commend David for following his heart and wish him nothing but the best!

Dungz Archie

Posted at 12:46 AM on May 13, 2014

he came back, and i still love him <3

ceai verde, green tea, oolong tea, wulong tea, white tea, black tea

Posted at 11:38 AM on April 4, 2012

Thank you for any other informative site. The place else could I am getting that kind of information written in such an ideal method? I have a challenge that I am just now operating on, and I’ve been at the look out for such info.

lilylowstar

Posted at 7:13 PM on December 22, 2011

David is definitely a man after God’s own heart :’) Wish him all the best for the next two years of missionary experience . We’ll miss him :(

Becky D

Posted at 9:52 AM on December 21, 2011

he’s such a sweet soul—, maybe too good for that rat race music industry—, but I think he can continue doing good work through his music–keep on shining David !!!

Laarni

Posted at 12:04 AM on December 21, 2011

He touched my heart. What a valiant deed! He isn’t dazzled by fame and fortune. A role model for the young ones. I hope his fans will stand by him and welcome him when he is ready to return to music.

Linda

Posted at 11:52 PM on December 20, 2011

I’m not a Mormon but I greatly respect David for what must have been a very hard decision. There are very few 20 year olds with the talent, humility, kindness, faith, and courage of this one. He has taken alot of barbs for his values and surrendered great fame and fortune to hold true to them. I am thankful I saw his performance in Ventura. He has matured greatly as an artist and it was the best concert I’ve been to. Good luck to David and come back to us.

John Degel

Posted at 11:12 PM on December 20, 2011

It will be a time of blessings for David, I salute him for his faith.