Kim Kardashian: Just Because Kris Humphries Threw A Tame Party On 'KKTNY' Is NO Excuse For A Divorce!

Mon, December 19, 2011 10:52am EST by 57 Comments

If Kim Kardashian thinks she’s painting Kris as a divorce-worthy villian because he threw one party that his ‘brother-in-law’, Scott Disick,  attended, then she’s failing.

Yes, Kris Humphries made a dumb move, deciding to invite a “few” friends over when Kim headed out to LA to launch her Sears Karadshian Kollection. And of course, those friends just happened to bring along a bunch of babelicious chicks.

BUT, let’s get real here.  #1 The “party” was obviously staged for drama for the KKTNY TV show so it wasn’t exactly the act of a man who wanted to canoodle like a singleton.

#2: Kris Humphries did NOTHING that could be by any definition be defined as marital misbehavior. He provided booze, red plastic cups and snacks. That’s it. He didn’t do a smidgeon of flirting.

#3: Kris Humphries repeatedly made a point during the episode that the Gansevoort Park Avenue hotel where he and Kim were living post marriage was HIS place, too. Not just Kim’s and that he and Scott shouldn’t have to tiptoe around. That’s true. Why shouldn’t he, at least in principle be able to have a few friends over when Kim is away, as long as he he cleans up!

I would agree that if Kris started repeatedly throwing wild parties while Kim was away, then Kim would have some reason to question her hubby’s focus on and commitment to marriage. But this lame and tame get together barely merited the heartfelt apology Kris gave Kim, nor should it have been used as an excuse for divorce.

Instead what we see more of in the episode is Kris supporting his wife both when she thought BFF Jonathan Cheban had betrayed her and then when she realizes that she has unfairly attacked Jonathan.

It was Kris who gave her the idea for how she could win Jonathan back as a friend, when he told her that he “refused” to accept her apology because he was so hurt. Then Kris actually enables her to do that. Hardly villainous or selfish behavior.

But what Kris IS, is not a wimp. He’s clearly concerned about being another man “whipped” by the Kardashian women. He describes Bruce Jenner as the definition of “whipped” and accuses Scott Disick of being terrified by Kourtney, Kim and the other Kardashian women – which he is. And in fact, Scott continuously warns Kris that his party will not go down with Kim. And that if  Kris persists in holding it, he will end up in Minnesota’s Lake Minntonka.

Scott’s so scared like a rabbit that he threatens to run into his room and shut the door if Kris holds the party. Then he DOES shut it down by threatening to call security. He says he has Kris’s back.

Is that right? Should Scott and Kris really live in fear of their women.

Marriage is a two-way street. It’s about compromising. And what we’ve seen on KKTNY thus far is Kris Humphries doing all the apologizing almost every week. He’s apologized for not immediately jumping on having a baby when Kim brought it up — later though she changed her mind when he came on board.

The week before that he apologized for going home to Minnesota because he couldn’t concentrate on training in New York. Now, he’s apologized for having a party.

So far, the apologizing is virtually all one way — Kris to Kim. But obviously that wasn’t enough, as we now know, for Kim.

I’m not sure there’s ANYTHING Kris could have done to avoid being tossed back into Lake Minnesota.

The reason for Kim’s decision remains a TOTAL MYSTERY as KKTNY proceeds!

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Is Kris asking to be dumped … or not?

— Bonnie Fuller

More Kardashian News:

1. The Kardashians Reveal Their 2011 Christmas Card
  2. Kim Kardashian Insulted & Called ‘Hairy’ By Sacha Baron Cohen
  3. Barbara Walters To The Kardashians: You Have No Talent

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Lil

Posted at 1:15 PM on December 26, 2011

I think with kourt , scott tiptoes cuz of last seaspns’s drunk fit. He knows if he blows it in a big way like that he could lose her and show he is an unfit parent. Unless his breakdown due to alcohol was also staged.

NicoleTx

Posted at 10:10 PM on December 21, 2011

Omgggg as i watch KKTNY I did kind of get annoyed by Kris marriage is about compromise and Kris was jus moving Kim bak to his Hometown he knew what he was Gettin into hello Kim Kardashian!!! she is a busy gurl ya time was out into their marriage i mean come on yu gotta b in her shoes to see her point of view he didnt accpet her lifestyle and even said noone would care about her wen she has kids slap in the face!!!!!!!!!!he should be cat as Jon Gosselin w/out kids!

MNGal

Posted at 4:07 PM on December 20, 2011

Kris Humphries has ALWAYS been a strange, self-loving person. Even in high school basketball interviews he came off as thinking he was THE BEST! When he speaks it sounds insincere and phoney, what he does shows that he doesn’t really have a handle on the saying/doing thing having to go hand in hand.
Don’t think Kim should have ever given him a 2nd or 3rd date . . . she really does want to be married, but he is absolutely not the guy for her.
With all of her “Kimisms” she is who she is, and as she said in last weeks KKTNY episode, she was born in LA and that’s all she knows. Whether we like it or not, that is definitely the truth. That’s her life and how it’s always been. Who would EVER think she would think of moving here to Minnesota where life is sweet, peaceful, respectful and basically good? I guess only Kris. Does he not have a brain or what???? He is pretty much a Duh – always has been!

Kansasgirl

Posted at 10:36 AM on December 20, 2011

The marriage didn’t work because Kris didn’t give into everything that Kim wanted. Not once did she even try to compromise with him on anything. She selfish and all she cares about is herself and her money. If he had worshipped the ground she walked on it would have worked. But Kris seems to be a normal guy who has opinions, and she couldn’t handle that.

Lmond00

Posted at 9:41 AM on December 20, 2011

OMG I love how you point out the obvious. Each week that I watch the show I feel more pain in my core for Kris. You see how he plays around with her. Jokes around with her and stuff. Yeah he has a bit of immaturity but he’s only 26 but was obviusly committed to his marriage. The fact that he refused to be a stepford husband is what, in my opinion, pushed him out of the family. I thought he was a refreshing addition to Kim’s life letting her know that he would not Kiss her bum. You know balance her out. I was such a hard core fan of the K’s but since the divorce announcement the scales fell from my eyes. I’m not, I repeat, NOT a hater of Kim’s but I am more dissapointed and disgusted by her actions as of late. Now everything she does annoy me like how you fall out of love with someone and everything they do makes you nuts. Team Humphries! and I enjoy reading your articles Bonnie Fuller! Muah!

Sarah

Posted at 4:31 AM on December 20, 2011

Kris is so immature, it’s just respect to not invite strangers into your partners and your space. Kris picks stupid fights and always wants to show he’s the big man, so unattractive!

stan

Posted at 11:19 AM on December 20, 2011

You mean like how that whore named Kim invited a naked yoga instructor into their house? Are you fully retarded, or just a little special? I’m guessing that you’re some kind of shallow, gold-digging tart (quite a bit like the Kardashians). Am I right? I know I’m right.

Camacho

Posted at 2:53 AM on December 20, 2011

my friend’s aunt makes $87/hour on the laptop. She has been out of work for 9 months but last month her check was $7650 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this web site… MakeCash23.com

Valentina

Posted at 11:57 PM on December 19, 2011

Uh hello, that wasn’t a tame party. Everything else I agree with completely. Kim is controlling, Scott warned him that the Kardashian men have no say (except for Lamar-I can see him checking Khloe if she ever tried to shut him up).

Anna

Posted at 10:05 PM on December 19, 2011

Hi,guys. My friends told me about successfulmingle– c 0 /Μ. She told me it is the best

place to meet rich man and hot lady whoever you want. I have tried. It is fantastic. You

wanna get laid tonight? Come in and give it a shot, you will find someone you like there.

Have fun!

katy

Posted at 8:45 PM on December 19, 2011

I think Kim found her match and could not handle it.
Just as she doesn’t stay quiet and says what she needs to
say right there and then runs away like a mouse. Kris Humphries doesn’t stay quiet either the only thing he apologize too much. That’s what she likes to feel that she is right all the time she is not perfect she pretends to be in front of media but she is not she has her flaws. She is
imature she is always asking for opinions about her love life or commenting things with her family grow up. why dont Kim ask opinion of how she can make her man happy or a certain recepe or how to be a house wife no is al about how she looks what she should do. what people think of her that all she cares Kim grow up.

Vicki

Posted at 5:58 AM on December 20, 2011

Not sure how you defend Kris unless you’re just a Kim hater. He’s been a pr*ck ever sense he’s aired with her on T.V. I recognized that pre-marriage, just not sure why Kim didn’t…

Sarah

Posted at 7:49 PM on December 19, 2011

I have a question for all the people defending Kris?

Would LAMAR ever do that to Khloe? No because he’s not an immature d****bag.

Kris asked someone if they wanted to drink liquor out of MASONS CUP.

Z

Posted at 7:53 PM on December 19, 2011

And would Khloe ever treat Lamar the way Kim treats Kris? I don’t think so.

Sarah

Posted at 12:37 AM on December 20, 2011

That’s a chicken and egg argument. Maybe Khloe is so willing to the extra mile for Lamar because he treats her well and deserves it.

Why would kim put herself out there for an immature douche who doesn’t have respect for her?

You get what you give.

Ket

Posted at 8:04 PM on December 19, 2011

I do not understand the people who are defending Kris H, either. Lamar from day one has treated Khloe like a queen. I never witnessed that with Kris H and Kim. She admitted that people hate him before they love him but why even bother wasting one’s time on this? There are plenty of other guys out there that are worth her time and effort.
Kim definitely treated Kris like a king since all of his friends said that Kim upgraded him. I think (and this is my opinion because I do not know them) that she started treated him badly as a response to the way that he disrespected her constantly.

duh

Posted at 9:04 PM on December 19, 2011

even if that is all true… she’s the twit who married him.

Mel

Posted at 12:41 AM on December 20, 2011

100% agree. Her behavior in the beginning was entirely different. She even went at Khloe for badmouthing him, bought him stuff, was careful to try not to hurt his feelings, telling everybody how great he was even though her fam hated him.

If anything she was blind and naive, but you can awe her slowly not caring and him killing her feelings for him the way he acts.

They are just not compatible and he doesn’t respect her at all

lmond00

Posted at 9:52 AM on December 20, 2011

Are you kidding. Lamar is seasoned. He is a father of 2 already and came from a long term committed relationship before he met Khloe so obviously he’s going to act different. Is Kris going to act the way he is if he is a father of two preteens?? uh NO! As far as Khloe she is not a pushover and she’s also my favorite over everyone else. So no Lamar would not have had it in his head to act the way Kris does. I’m positive he would if he had 0 children. Having kids changes you! Besides isn’t Lamar older than Kris? Think before you start targeting accusations.

lmond00

Posted at 10:01 AM on December 20, 2011

And on top of that Sarah He was joking about the Mason cup. His sense of humor crazy as it is is what made Kim laugh uncontrollably when she was dating him. Plus he fessed up to the party as opposed to letting Scott take the fall. He was uncomfortable knowing that Scott was doing it for him if you noticed his facial expression and body language. Kris is a good kid. Period.

Leann

Posted at 6:54 PM on December 19, 2011

I think that when you are a celebrity like Kim K, you have to be careful who you let in your personal space. I think Kris H was stupid for throwing a party and letting people inside their apartment, and I think that he is a typical midwest boy that does not really get the aspects of fame, even though he is a professional basketball player he clearly was never and will never be as famous as Kim. I really dont get why everyone is so mad about her divorcing him after 72 days, things happen, why does she owe us some explanation? and why is everyone just mad at her? It clearly takes two. who cares if there show is fake, its called entertainment, most shows that come on tv are fake. Yes she is famous for having a sex tape ..so what, people need to get a life. My personal opinion is she is a beautiful girl, with no talent what so ever, but smart and clever as hell, cause half of the world keeps talking bout her. If people would stop talking and watching her, buying her stuff she would not be in the position she is, the girl is clearly doing something right…:)

Z

Posted at 7:44 PM on December 19, 2011

People are annoyed because marriage is a serious institution not to be taken lightly. There are people in this world who can’t get married for whatever reason. So for someone to throw and extravagant $17M wedding only to get divorced 6 weeks later because their husband has a house party or because of some other pettiness, is some serious BS.

Carmel

Posted at 6:44 PM on December 19, 2011

Manya, what about the naked yoga instructor? Was that not being disrespectful to Kris H? There’s nothing real about this show, the party was probably staged for drama. You don’t think the kardashian men are weak….. What about when Scott admitted on the show that he had to surgically remove his penis just to be part of the family.Is it normal for a man to feel this way in a relationship? Khloe also told Kris H that men don’t have any say in this family. I agree with Bonnie when she said Kris H is not a wimp, he’s just concerned about being another man “whipped” by the Kardashian women. What is so special about these women that they treat men like a piece of garbage? Kim did not have any respect for Kris H and therefore she did not deserve to be treated with respect – marriage is all about give and take. She consulted with everyone on every major decision which should have been made between her and her husband. That’s just being disrespectful to her husband. Kim knew before the wedding that Kris is immature – why did she marry him? If she loved him enough to marry him with all his fault she should be prepared to work on the marriage. Marriage takes work and 72 days’ work is not enough. Only Kim knows why she got married to Kris, but it’s not because of love. She never loved the guy and I pray he gets the annulment. People like you encourage the bad behaviour of the kardashian and in the process encourage young girls to believe it’s ok to live like this just because of fame. Manya, I believe you’re single and looking for a guy like Scott and not a real man – someone you can control. I have been married for 25 years and I know for sure no real man will put up with Kim’s bad behaviour and no one can build a home with this kind of behaviour.

Carmel

Posted at 6:08 PM on December 19, 2011

Manya

Posted at 8:00 PM on December 19, 2011

Carmel, I see that I struck a nerve. You make some very interesting points but I still stand by my position that Kris H intentionally did this that he knew would annoy Kim. You compare the naked yoga instructor to Kris H throwing a party and can definitely relate to your comparison. However, the yogi gave an interview where he stated Kris H was fine with the situation and knew about it. The footage that we saw on the show with Kris H upset was about something completely separate.
I am aware that a marriage takes work and requires the commitment of both parties but somethings are not worth saving. I question your exposure to different facets of life because there are people who have done far worse than divorce someone after 72 days. I think that they were both not ready for a life-long commitment. I also wish that Kim would have saved us all the time we have spent psycho-analyzing her relationship’s demise by waiting a few more months, possibly even weeks, before succumbing to the antiquated belief that your life begins when you are married with kids. He is clearly the wrong person for her and she is the wrong person for him. Can we agree on that?

Madalana

Posted at 10:22 AM on December 20, 2011

Manya!! I couldn’t agree more… Very well written… In the grand scheme, they did the right thing because they were NOT meant for each other and they BOTH should have gotten to know each other before getting married. Kim needs the limelight and Kris wants a wife who is barefoot and pregnant! Nothing wrong with that either Kris, I wish I could JUST do that!!! LOL

Manya

Posted at 4:21 PM on December 19, 2011

Bonnie, I normally think that you are spot on but this time, I have to disagree. Sure, him throwing a party is not a cause for divorce but the fact that he went against her wishes and did it anyway is a huge issue. It shows a complete and utter disrespect to her. I know that no one wants to admit it, but I keep up with the Kardashians and I don’t necessarily think that their men are weak — I think that they just pick the fights that they are willing to fight carefully. It seems that each week Kris H is constantly looking for buttons to push with Kim. I don’t know about anyone but that would drive me crazy. He is not worthy of someone like Kim, regardless of what every thinks about her. I do not think that he respects woman, which is a common-theme that resonates with every female who has admitted publicly to dating him. We will never know whether this marriage was for the cameras but I am glad it is over. I am honestly upset with Kim for introducing the world to Kris H — he is probably one of the more despicable people I have ever seen on tv.

debmcdenis

Posted at 3:44 PM on December 19, 2011

OK, what about the naked yoga instructor and how she fought with kris about that. I think he knew that she would get mad, but wanted to show her that he is a person too. She talked about a baby with him, than when her mom and friends told her to wait, she does what they want. She disrespects her husband and the marriage contract. he was the person she was to talk with and make a decision with, not her mom. He is immature, but so is Kim,she listens to her mom all the time like a child.

Shelly

Posted at 3:31 PM on December 19, 2011

It would not make sense for a high profile man married to a high profile woman to throw a party, invite a lot of women AND his brother-in-law while the wife is out of town. It would make the news quicker than a heartbeat.

The whole scene was scripted to add drama to the the show. Kim knew what was going to happen before it happen. She is one of the producers of the show how could she NOT know?

karen R.

Posted at 3:21 PM on December 19, 2011

This is all fake and staged like those immoral women. Its lame and the fact that scott would take the fall its stupid. They are ridiculous and the whole jew thing is another stupid situation they are running out of things to spin. This show is only watched because of kris and the whole fake marriage. People want to see why she left him and so far she’s full of it.

Z

Posted at 2:37 PM on December 19, 2011

I keep saying it – Kim is a selfish bride. These Kardashian women don’t want men, they want boys that they can control and nag.

Angie

Posted at 1:28 PM on December 19, 2011

It’s a tv show, all of this is staged and the guests were hired.

Lsdj

Posted at 1:01 PM on December 19, 2011

Clearly, the divorce had nothing to do with a house party. I also don’t believe Kim is trying to portray Kris as a villain. Kris is very immature and I believe that is why the relationship went downhill. The immaturity was probably cute at first, but when Kim was ready to be serious, he wasn’t. He’s like a giant child.

I doubt anything really happened at the party, but, it’s about respect. The girls who poated pics online were not only in the bedroom on Kim & Kris’ bed. They were also in Kim’s closet, filming, and in the bathtub. Kris knew better.

David

Posted at 1:33 PM on December 19, 2011

Naked yoga instructor enough said.

Tanya

Posted at 2:55 PM on December 19, 2011

Kris is lucky to rid of her fake A$$ ! ( really ) she had a naked yoga dude in the house my husband would have left me for that alone ! Watching the show she looking very shady like taking birth control and not telling her husband! She ticked him saying she wanted kids right away to the media then changed her mind ! Kris is not inmature, he’s just real he just called it like it seen it! She wants a yes man. Like Scott and Lamar. I feel sorry for her because no real man going to be putting OCD and her it ‘s all about me ways !

Really!!!

Posted at 2:42 PM on December 19, 2011

I believe kris did have respect for kim, but like kourtney said “when you have strong personalities like kris and the kardashian women have, you are going to have some issue” when I watching the show,I believe kris was right too, so I am going to have to disagree with you about that. Kris and scott shouldn’t have tiptoe around their apartment Because of fear they are living there too, It’s just not fair for kim or kourtney get to have the right to say no you can’t, plus what about the naked yoga instructor they had in the sweet, was kim or kourtney thinking about the respect for kris, scott or mason when they did that. See respect cuts both ways.

Kristone kardashian

Posted at 12:12 PM on December 19, 2011

Its the principle of the whole situation you’re not supposed to have someone in your household. That’s were courtney’s son sleep chris is just a big dope a big light skinned dope

magdalana

Posted at 12:33 PM on December 19, 2011

After all that was said and done, Kris and Kim were ok in the end! Im sure the party wasn’t a divorce factor, ?? They were all forgiven in the end!! So I believe there is alot more to the divorce then meets the eye… as fame whorish as they ALL are, we all know they weren’t meant to be together at all… They did each other a favor by letting each other go!

Really!!!

Posted at 1:49 PM on December 19, 2011

You are the dope you racist a**hole!!!

Angie

Posted at 11:49 AM on December 19, 2011

Kim was not ready to get married. She’s too selfish and is never willing to compromise. I only read these recaps and dont watch the show. Sounds like she’s not ready to be in a relationship, or she needs a doormat.

Magdalana

Posted at 12:39 PM on December 19, 2011

Angie, I believe not only KIM was not ready to get married, neither was Kris!! Who has little chicks over to their wives house (when camera’s are always trying to get to her)..These girls took pictures in his wive’s bedroom.. !! I would have been pissed .. more pissed then KIM!
LOL.. they both need to be single…

suesuesue

Posted at 2:34 PM on December 19, 2011

Do you really think that this party was not planned by the producers? and that Kris did not want Kim to know about it?? I think you need to brush up on reality TV… I think this whole thing was planned and that’s why kim was not that upset anyway.. it seemed that there is a lot of cutting and that at times Kris wanted to say that he only invited his friends and they brought other people.

Lainie

Posted at 1:30 PM on December 20, 2011

TOTALLY AGREE….Kim will find a black dude who wants fame and excess just like her!!!

susan williams

Posted at 11:41 AM on December 19, 2011

kris h is not a fame whore kim k is as well as her sisters and mother. he did nothing wrong.i finally got to see the real scott . he is a whimp just like bruce jenner is. it s was all for tv and fame to put kims face every where. i will not buy anything that the girls put thier name on. also will not watch when kris h is gone from the show.

Magdalana

Posted at 10:28 AM on December 20, 2011

Kris H is a big giant famewhore!!! He is a NBA player nobody knew about and this gorgeous chick wanted to give him a piece of the limelight!! Come on, this wasn’t a deer in the headlights kinda thing, this is a NBA MAN… We all know NBA men are not all peaches and cream and watching sponge bob!!! Kris knew what he was getting into and he is the one who proposed and he is the one who wanted to be in the FAME WHORISH FAMILY… No kudo’s for anyone here, INCLUDING KRIS HUMPHRIES!!!

Lee

Posted at 11:25 AM on December 19, 2011

It is divorce worthy. In case u forgot these groupies took photos of themselves throughout their living space ansd popsted it on Twitter bragging about it. Kris saw the whole thing and did nothing! He is an attention whore and didn’t care.

yari

Posted at 11:52 AM on December 19, 2011

i totally agree! who lets strangers roam around in their room and take pics. thats disrespectful. kris is more whipped than bruce an scott cuz he’s always so quick to say sorry to kim. he’s all talk and so annoying!

Magdalana

Posted at 4:28 PM on December 19, 2011

Both sides are to blame here, they knew neither one of them were ready, nor knew each other enough to get married..What I find funny here is that certain ones continually blame KIM FOR 100% OF THE DIVORCE!!.I find it kinda funny seeing that Kris has ALWAYS acted like a big giant juvenile PUNK but pooor poor Kris… he’s just a big giant fame whore who wanted fame from the biggest famers around! he got it, wanted to act like King SH$$iT and it blew up in his face… They are all wrong !! ALL OF THEM

Really!!!

Posted at 5:27 PM on December 19, 2011

Now I will agree with that!!

Really

Posted at 5:25 PM on December 19, 2011

Ok the girls took picture but kris didn’t sleep with them and if he did I am sure kim would have made surtain we would have seen it ok, and it’s wasn’t like he had a very beautiful naked yoga instructor over lol doing yoga.