Whoopi Goldberg Farts On 'The View' & I Love Her For Doing It

Fri, December 16, 2011 1:14pm EDT by 12 Comments
Whoopi Goldberg Fart

I have so much respect for Whoopi after she fully acknowledged her flatulent faux pas. Bravo, Ms. Goldberg!

Whoopi Goldberg has always been my favorite feathered friend in the hen house that is ABC’s The View – and now I know why! On the Dec. 16 episode, during a rare intellectual discussion with Claire Danes about homeland security issues, Whoopi lifted a cheek and cut a big ol’ fart. Sorry for being so blunt, but to sugarcoat Whoopi’s act would be to undermine its hilarity — and my newfound respect for the daytime goddess.

“I think I just blew out a little frog outta there!” Whoopi proclaimed, taking pride in her mighty act.

I have so much more respect for Whoopi than I do for fellow farter Nancy Grace, who blamed her Dancing with the Stars flub on partner Tristan MacManus!

If academy members aren’t calling an emergency meeting right now to discuss giving this woman a daytime Emmy, they all need to re-evaluate their lives.

Watch this most epic passing of gas below (the magic happens 11 seconds in):

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

As a not-so-regular viewer of The View, it has now come to my attention that this was merely the latest in a long series of on-air farts produced by Ms. Goldberg during her stint on the show. On May 26, while Dr. Oz was dispensing health advice of some sort, Whoopi actually farted on Barbara Walters!

I don’t care what science says. She and I must be related!

— Andy Swift

Find Photo's, documents, videos

Posted at 6:50 PM on April 3, 2012

We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable info to paintings on. You have done an impressive task and our entire community shall be thankful to you.

kimmie

Posted at 2:46 AM on January 10, 2012

GO!!!!! Whoopie!!!!! “git ‘er done!”

Andy

Posted at 11:31 AM on December 19, 2011

How can anything on this site be considered “news”? What garbage!!!!

Lili

Posted at 3:32 PM on December 17, 2011

It’s farting people. Get over it. People do it all the time. She could’ve blamed the couch but she didnt.

Go Whoopi! Prove to this prude people that farting happens.

lizzy

Posted at 9:45 PM on December 16, 2011

get the fuck over your selfs,it a fucking fart!!! why can men talk, joke, and do it all th time but women cant? this isn’t the 1930 ppl it 2011 where we talk about this shit all the time

Rhyan W

Posted at 2:27 PM on December 16, 2011

* Insert obvious whoopi cushion joke here*

Joe Smelly

Posted at 7:52 PM on December 17, 2011

No real and disgusting!!!!!!!!!

Jack Smalls

Posted at 1:25 PM on December 16, 2011

What ever happened to manners? What is this world coming to? You and Ms. Goldberg need some class.

gbtw

Posted at 3:32 PM on December 16, 2011

right??? i mean, i don’t consider myself an old prude, but it’s disrespectful and disgusting. i consider the f-word for what she did a “four letter word” (it is, of course, an actual four letter word), and i don’t care if it’s a “natural part of life.” so is the s-word for what people do in the bathroom, but it’s still inappropriate to be done in the presence of others and in front of millions of viewers. would she do that if the president was her guest? no. she wouldn’t. so basically, she’s telling the world and her guests what she thinks of them using crude acts which are as bad as cursing if you ask me. i would’ve walked off set if i were joy sitting next to her, and, frankly, i would fire whoopi if i were barbara. i mean, she’s basically saying, “you aren’t my boss and i can do whatever the f- i want.” if this makes me an old prude, so be it. she’s a pig.

gbtw

Posted at 3:37 PM on December 16, 2011

all that being said, if it was an accident (the article suggested it was on purpose), i’d still be disgusted- but, what’re ya gonna do? can’t/shouldn’t fire someone for ACCIDENTALLY passing gas, i guess- i mean, she is the spokesperson for a bladder leakage problem, so maybe she truly just has no control of what’s going on down there. she probably would have an ADA claim if she were fired for her lack of control. in any case, i don’t find it very funny… but i sympathize if she can’t control her bodily functions.

Andy Swift

Posted at 4:18 PM on December 16, 2011

When I was little, my mom tried to convince me women didn’t far. I applaud Ms. Goldberg for teaching us all a smelly lesson.

gbtw

Posted at 4:29 PM on December 16, 2011

andy, c’mon! your mom was just trying to raise you with some manners! everyone does a lot of things, that doesn’t mean that everyone wants to see, hear, smell, OR TALK ABOUT it with/from other people! i applaud ms. swift for trying to teach you that it’s not a proper topic of conversation! please pass along my kudos to her for trying to instill manners in her child! you should respect HER for THAT, it’s a little more laudible than respecting someone for passing gas on air!!! c’mon! (and, merry christmas… nice talking with you again. :) )