Selena Gomez Promises: I Still Want To Pursue Music After My Next Two Movies

Fri, December 16, 2011 3:23am EST by 15 Comments
Selena Gomez David Henrie
Loading video...

Selena Gomez tells HollywoodLife.com her music career has been put on the back burner, but she’ll return to it after she gets a couple movies under her belt

Selena Gomez was pleasantly surprised by the success of her latest album, but the 19-year-old actress is still holding fast to her goals — to make more feature films. However, when we chatted with Selena at the Wizards of Waverly Place press event Dec. 15, she assured us music wouldn’t be cut out of her future altogether.

“I’m very happy and pleased with how well the record and I’m so thankful radio is still being supportive,” she began. “Next year I’ll be starting to do doing more acting. I’ll do two films in the beginning and then I’ll probably go back to music.”

She added, “I’ll balance them.”

We tend to be huge fans of Sel whether she’s singing or on the screen, but where do you prefer her talents? Sound off below!

1. Justin Bieber’s New Full-Length Christmas Special — Watch It Now
  2. Justin Bieber Playfully Grabs Selena Gomez’s Butt In D.C.
  3. Justin Bieber Reveals Just How Much He Loves His Fans

Anonymous

Posted at 2:08 AM on August 5, 2013

Good day! I simply want to give an enormous thumbs up for the good info you may have here on this
post. I will likely be coming back to your weblog for more soon.

david b conway

Posted at 1:43 AM on June 17, 2012

dear hollywood life hi my name is david conway and my comments to here , i just hope that selena gomez , will not be so up set that i did not watch the last 1 hour finale episode in wizards of waverly place , was not in the mood to watching it than , and why did walt disney production company and the web site of the disney infonet .com web site just had to post the second sequle motion picture deal on that web site , just when selena gomez just left , i hate to tell selena marie gomez , about this i went to wowp tv studio and by the creater of the tv show his name is todd j green wald he did say the second sequel motion picture was cancelled by him , love david b conway

david b conway

Posted at 1:56 AM on June 17, 2012

PAGE 2 / I KNOW IT,S WAS A SICK GAME JUST BY WALT DISNEY PRODUCTION COMPANY AND BY THE ORIGINAL CAST BY SELENA GOMEZ , I WENT TO THE WEB SITE CALLED / SAVE WIZARDS OF WAVERLY PLACE .COM WEB SITE , AND THEY STATING THE QUESTION OF THE DID WANTED SEASON 5 OR A SPIN OFF TV SHOW OR THE TV SERIES OR TO HAVE THE SECOND SEQUEL MOTION PICTURE JUST UNDER THE WEB SITE OF THE WIZARDS OF WAVERLY PLACE THE MOVIE 2 SEQUEL SCRIPT .COM WEB SITE , LOVE DAVID B CONWAY

Naomi

Posted at 6:03 PM on December 16, 2011

The thing is though, I don’t think she will go back to music. I mean, since Hollywood Records is part of Disney and her contract with Disney is up, it would make sense not to continue with it. Just look at it, has any Disney Channel star from the past ever continued with their music? About the two movies coming up, I read the description of Thirteen Reasons Why, I can’t picture her in that type of darker role. For the second movie, it looks more of a comedy and I just can’t take it seriously.

chick gilr

Posted at 8:43 AM on December 16, 2011

Wow People don’t be jelous bc she’s beautiful… she’s amazing… love her singing and acting… Justin and Selena are super cute together

smile

Posted at 4:40 PM on December 16, 2011

am agree with you and i love jalena

Sarah18

Posted at 8:14 AM on December 16, 2011

Shez only gud in actin…nt singing…she acts nicely..i luv Monte Carolo

ivanka

Posted at 8:14 AM on December 16, 2011

YAY!!! So we can get new movies and new music in 2012 and 2013~! That’s awesome! Love you Selly!

Girl

Posted at 7:52 AM on December 16, 2011

YAY!!I like her doing both. She’s a great actress and a great singer. I am a HUGE Selena fan I love her so much and I like both! Her music is great, her acting is great. Actually; correction; AMAZING.

Kate

Posted at 6:53 AM on December 16, 2011

YES! I love Selena so much and I’m so happy she wants to keep making music

pipit

Posted at 6:44 AM on December 16, 2011

o’h gosh,its better for her to stay home w/ the bieb and keep showing pda all the times especially that “BUTT GRABBING”.she’s good at pda though…peace..

david b conway

Posted at 4:32 PM on November 5, 2012

dear web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments to here is that this comment is my last comment here you are going to take over my postion soon and please support this second sequel motion picture,s please , love david conway

beth

Posted at 6:34 AM on December 16, 2011

OH GOD NO

mary

Posted at 11:11 AM on February 3, 2012

you are the best singer in all the world

david b conway

Posted at 6:09 PM on September 28, 2012

dear hollywood life , hi my name is david conway and i just what to say here im so sorry for hurtting this web site just about my bad havior on here on the hollywood life and the rest of the web sites about selena gomez, and here as well and i do what to say as well i do feel the same thing for blaming walt disney production company , to much ,, i do feel bad about it every week , every thing is just getting to me just about selena gomez about her prommes so much on the disney channel that she doesn,t keep her prommes just from the time that she was planing to leave just before we had season 4 , on the disney channel , just when she said that she whats to end the tv series with her concert tour and to have the second sequel movie just to end her last days , and now i what to say im so sorry to very one , and just with my plan i have for walt disney company is that if they had more projects for the tv series of wizards of waverly place , , and just as ,long as they have marvel comics they can put wizards of waverly place the show on marvel comics just after they finish the tv series and they can still make more storys just for there children,s books as well , they do have all seasons to be put in books now and i do have my own titles for books to just for wizards , land this is a school year all kids will be reading books soon after school , and selena gomez , can support kids to read more books more lecture project,s , love david conway