Kobe Bryant's Wife Files For Divorce — Sick Of All The Cheating

Fri, December 16, 2011 8:29pm EDT by 20 Comments
Kobe Bryant Divorce

After 10 years, Vanessa Bryant has filed for divorce from her NBA star husband

Vanessa Bryant is about to come into a lot of money. The famously faithful and supportive basketball wife has filed for divorce from Kobe Bryant, citing “irreconcilable differences.” And they don’t have a prenup, which makes her entitled to half of Kobe’s fortune. Lucky her.

Vanessa, 29, famously supported Kobe in 2003 after he was accused of sexually assaulting a girl in Colorado, but is sick of his cheating, reports TMZ. She is asking for custody of their daughters, Natalia, 8, and Giana, 5, and spousal support, which Kobe has agreed to pay.

PHOTOS: Pics of Jessica Burciaga — Kobe Bryant’s Alleged Mistress

“We ask that in the interest of our young children and in light of the upcoming holiday season, the public respect our privacy during this most difficult time,” told The Insider in an official statement.

Are YOU surprised one of the most famous basketball marriages is coming to an end?

Saint Louis

Posted at 9:49 PM on July 7, 2012

I will right away grasp your rss as I can not to find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please allow me recognize in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

Mary

Posted at 12:45 AM on December 18, 2011

All I have to say is a man is going to be a man no matter what, it does’t matter what he say to you he is stell going to do what he want. As long as you set there and take it, children does not keep a man at home.Vanessa, honey hold your head up for youself and you kids and don’t let people work your nerves,because you already know that GOD have your back in what ever you do. Be Bless

Damonique

Posted at 6:20 PM on December 17, 2011

Im not shocked I feel bad for her only because he was cheating again.Nevertheless, I dont understand people who marry superstars and act so shocked that they are being cheated on he have a penis dont and a pricey net worth women are possibly throwin themsevles all over him hell he is KOBE BRYANT. Yes vowels are important but they was too young for marriahe any who he still had wild oaths to sew……

Natalie Raye

Posted at 10:54 AM on December 17, 2011

I am sorry to say. But Basketball Wives play cards righ. Now I do not want to pull the black or white card. But do you all notice that these Basketball player always pick light skin or hispanic, or white women. They prefer those women to make millionaires over their own culture women. So to that I say ALL WOMEN< OF ALL COLORS get to cheat with basketball players and walk away with a few bucks or nothing but the wives deserve all they can get out of them. It is call Karma and by the time they want a new women, they are often too old looking and BROKE. Notice not that it is a BASKET BALL lock out look at these women filr for divorce. Its all about MONEY and theats what these men get. Funny to me

Lori

Posted at 8:55 AM on December 17, 2011

good for her

Cherrie Rose

Posted at 6:23 AM on December 17, 2011

Oh my God!!it sucks!!but Kobe we are still here to support you..I LOVE YOU idol.

Milk

Posted at 5:26 AM on December 17, 2011

Kobe got caught up thinking that he got a real woman, but he got the same thing that we see every week on basketball wives. They played each other. Merry Christmas to the kids.

dan

Posted at 11:36 PM on December 16, 2011

Of course, right after the 10 year mark for the California law to give her alimony for life. No matter what, this show she was definitely the best player in da game. Gold diggers got no mercy, I am not sure why athletes married them

nina

Posted at 10:06 PM on December 16, 2011

hahahha, good for her. There’s no pre-nup, she’s gonna walk away with a shizzload of money, and kobe’s gonna learn the high price of treating your wife like crap.

Debra

Posted at 1:08 AM on December 17, 2011

That’s right and he asked for it. Arnessa isn’t a young 18 year old anymore and she has a heart and feelings too.

makenzi

Posted at 9:47 PM on December 16, 2011

It was about time she did it, I’m a stripper and I know plenty of groupies and girls who messed around with him, when I knew those things about him and more, it was just gross to see him, I’m glad she did it.

Sincere

Posted at 10:18 PM on December 16, 2011

Where you Strip at…? I wanna see you in action

sandra

Posted at 2:22 AM on December 17, 2011

Lol…. seriously?? Wow u swear u were grossed out that’s ur job to seduce men into paying u!! Quick cash like these gold diggers….. when all u gold digging females learn to use ur brain and beauty on real jobs then comment on a real woman besides that sweetie ur on the same boat…. sorry, I just don’t think ur comment made sense, when females in ur field are the #1 home wreckers not mine but many others that I know!

Shelly

Posted at 9:34 PM on December 16, 2011

Yes I am surprised they are divorcing and equally surprised the gossip sites did not pick up on his cheating. Who was he cheating with?

No prenup….Kobe is royally screwed. Vanessa will make sure of it. No wonder Kobe has been so irritable lately. LOL.

Jose

Posted at 8:54 PM on December 16, 2011

I hope they can fix their issues, if not kobe keep your head up

teri

Posted at 10:07 PM on December 16, 2011

If kobe had kept his head up in the first place, he wouldn’t be having this problem.

DeaJay

Posted at 10:51 PM on December 16, 2011

I agree with you.

He entered young and trusting. He ignored the advice of his parents and Phil Jackson.

Most men should not judgeand they would too if they had the youth, energy, money, time away from family; coupled with beautiful women going after them.

Unfortunate but true!

Understanding Husband

Posted at 4:47 PM on December 18, 2011

First, can we PLEASE stop the gossip right now. Why does everyone want to know who he cheated with? He has parents and children that don’t need a Tiger Woods situation. If you cheated with Kobe, please keep it to yourself!!!! PLEASE… Our black sisters are so upset with us as black men for marrying other nationalities. We all know that no one can be there for us like a real black woman. Yes we are wrong for doing so but we need prayer; not hate. STOP making it worse by asking who else he/we cheated with; Please… I don’t care and niether should out sisters. No more gossip, Please. Pray that all of US black men will realize no one can do for a black man like our sisters can….. Thanks Signed: A BLACK NBA HUSBAND THAT LOVES HIS BLACK WIFE……

LADYDEE

Posted at 12:07 AM on January 24, 2012

proud of you if you are who you say you are. however men always say we black women don’t want nothing but your money, it’s the same with any other race they just more slick with it. they alway say they don’t want your money but they the ones walking or dancing away with it. after ten yrs. my nephew is a basketball player he just hit the ten yr. mark three yrs. ago and guess what yep divorce. she was the one cheating lol how about them apples

Jessica

Posted at 5:40 PM on January 25, 2012

I’m a Hispanic girl, currently dating a basketball Player and I honestly don’t think that race has anything to do with it. I dislike girls who are
interested in money! I have morals and values and believe me I wouldn’t take any money from
Him, even though he has offered I refuse to take it! I know what it’s like not to have it and live that way, My parents came from nothing and worked up to 3 -4 jobs to achieve the american dream, I’m definitely following in their foot steps. I’m working hard to get to where I want to be with hard work! If I’m in it I’m in it for love, I have his back 100%! he works hard for his money so nothing gives me the right to take it or want it, I wouldn’t want someone taking my own money!