Jaden Smith Wants 'X Factor' Finalist Astro To Star In 'Annie' Film Remake

Fri, December 16, 2011 2:24pm EDT by 10 Comments
Courtesy of FOX, Getty Images (inset)

Astro is already rubbing elbows with Hollywood’s elite! And guess who Jaden wants Astro to star with?

If you thought Astro was big on The X Factor, just wait until you hear about his next career move! HollywoodLife.com has learned exclusively that Jaden Smith wants the 14-year-old rap prodigy to play “a significant role” in the upcoming big-screen remake of Annie, in which his little sister Willow Smith is starring. And it wouldn’t surprise us to see Astro land a major part int he film, considering Jaden and Willow’s dad Will Smith is producing it!

“Jaden is a big fan of Astro’s,” a source close to the Smith family tells us. “He suggested his dad cast Astro in the movie.”

What do you think, “Astro-nauts?” Do you think the X Factor cast-off is a good fit for the movie? Vote below!

And if you’re not familiar with Astro’s skills, check out this performance from his time on the show:

Loading video...

Mary

Posted at 11:56 AM on February 12, 2012

I think astro should be in it everyone deserves a start some where the way he acted on the xfacor should not be held against him he.s still a child.

Jahsenda

Posted at 9:47 AM on January 14, 2012

Let’s go Rachel crow she should be excellent not willow let the 13 year old girl Rachel play Annie 9,000 people that I know said she should play Annie

Jahsenda

Posted at 9:46 PM on January 13, 2012

I m not sur eat 13 year old Rachel crow should do annie

Jahsenda

Posted at 9:44 PM on January 13, 2012

Hello I would like some more info about the rumour of willow smith and astro , having a dinner at soho to celebrate her song fireball

Theresa A. Farr

Posted at 12:23 PM on December 22, 2011

Yes, but he has a lot to learn, humbleness.
That 13yr old girl on Xfactor should Annie.

sara

Posted at 7:11 PM on December 16, 2011

Astro, I think you rock!!! I really think u should be in “Annie”

Theresa A. Farr

Posted at 12:20 PM on December 22, 2011

Yes, and I hope he learn to be a little more humble, he has
a long way to go and a lot to learn.

The real one that should play Annie is the 13 yr. old girl that was in X Factor, she

Swagmire

Posted at 4:45 PM on December 16, 2011

A great start for his career and I think working with the Smith kids is a good look for Astro, he is in a league of his own in this generation of hiphop, absolutely nothing like the teens his age on YMCMB… but I’m also concerned about the health and wellbeing of the haters, they are sure to have a massive stroke if he is even considered for a movie role. (CAST HIM NOW!)

Diana

Posted at 8:59 AM on December 17, 2011

That’s karma!!! It makes my blood boil to see stones being hurled at a 15 year old kid from peoples’ glass houses. I am so pleased to see that Astro’s moved on, continues to work hard and is still getting noticed. :-)

Diana

Posted at 4:27 PM on December 16, 2011

What an amazing opportunity for him! I think he’s incredibly gifted and would do great!! Very happy for him :-) I am a total Astronaut! X-Factor lost its “x” when he left. Haven’t watched since.