Tom Cruise Compares His Vampire Lestat To Robert Pattinson's Edward Cullen

Thu, December 15, 2011 3:36pm EDT by 27 Comments
Tom Cruise Robert Pattinson

Who was a better vampire — Tom or Robert?

The bloody truth! During an interview with MTV to promote his new movie Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Tom Cruise talks about how he stacks up against Robert Pattinson.

Tom — who played the iconic vampire Lestat in Interview With The Vampire – was surprised to find out that Edward doesn’t drink blood.

“You have to do that, and I never discussed that with Robert, but did he not do that?” said Tom said.

Tell us what YOU think! Do you think Tom’s blood lust made him a better vampire than Rob?

Nicole Fukuoka

Click For More Upcoming Movies:

1. NEW Trailer For ‘The Avengers’ Released! Watch It Here!
  2. New ‘Hunger Games’ Pic: Katniss Is Escorted By The Peacekeepers
  3. Kristen Stewart Talks Snow White: ‘I’m Fighting The Most Evil Motherf–kers’ & It’s ‘F–king Anguish!’

Shaily

Posted at 10:01 AM on January 18, 2012

BOth…Both…BOth..:D..:D…they r awsome..bt as a vampire I prefer edward..:D

i am sarah

Posted at 9:02 AM on January 17, 2012

Tom Cruise for me. I don’t need to explain why. Watch both of their actings…that is already enough to make my point. Oh and yeah, you don’t have to agree with me. I know a REAL actor when I see one. Again, you don’t need to agree with me.

татьяна

Posted at 10:50 AM on January 2, 2012

РОБЕРТ ПАТТИНСОН СУПЕР !!!!!!!!!!!
АРТИСТ ОТЛИЧНЫЙ!!!!!!!
ВАМПИР ЧУДО!!!!!

angie

Posted at 9:32 PM on December 20, 2011

a MI ME ENCANTA MI ROBERT PATTINSONN ES LINDO HERMOXO PRECIOSO Y SIEMPREE LO KERRE NOC PORQ PERO NUNCA ME HA GUSTADO TOM CRUCE Y NO ME PARECE KE HABLE MAL DE ROB….ASI KE LO SIENTOO PERO PREFIEROOO 100000 VECES A ROB SIEMPREE ES ALTOOO NO ME GUSTAN LO ENANOS LO SIENTO TOM… JAJAJAJAJA NO ERES MI GUSTOO A PARTE ESTAS VIEJO Y FEO CASADO Y CON HIJOSS DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

juliana

Posted at 9:03 PM on December 19, 2011

Robert Pattinson is very romantic!!!
I Love You<3

Jordeeeeeee

Posted at 7:20 AM on December 19, 2011

I think Tom was a far better vampire but it all comes down to what type of “Vampire” you like;
There are stories of Vampires actually being friend towards humans that ARE good….

Personally, I think Tom was the better one because of the type of vampire he played; (Blood thirsty and cunning). Don’t get me wrong, Rob plays a ‘cute’ vampire but not quite right for me….
Hell, back in the movie, I think Tom was kind of better looking than Rob. (And this is coming from a 16 year old). o3o

Fozya

Posted at 12:39 PM on December 16, 2011

ROB n TOM can’t be compared.ROB is more powerfull than tom as vampire n as human being,,ALSO

Fozya

Posted at 12:37 PM on December 16, 2011

ROB n TOM can’t be compared.ROB is more powerfull than tom as vampire n as human being,,,

rain lover

Posted at 1:41 AM on December 31, 2011

I agree with Fozya- you cannot compare the two vampires. One lusts for
human blood, the other has learned to live on animal blood. Since vampires
really-really dont exist its up to the writer and the story line.
Go easy on both of these vampires. I think they were both great.

Mike

Posted at 9:33 AM on December 16, 2011

Oh Tom–You sucked alright–Sucked the life out of the Book and made the movie a complete embarrassment of Anne Rice—
Suck that girly boy…

Michele

Posted at 8:26 AM on December 16, 2011

As far as vampire stories go they are completely different and can’t be compared. As far as actors go—no question. Rob. He has more depth in his baby finger than Tom Cruise has in his entire body.

Larice

Posted at 5:05 AM on December 16, 2011

Hmm… Let’s see. Tom Cruise is 5’7, Rob is 6’1… So Rob is the better vampire.

jacky

Posted at 5:00 AM on December 16, 2011

Robert as a vampire shows his humanity Which appeals to everyone jacky

sohini

Posted at 2:53 AM on December 16, 2011

robert is much better than tom. he plays a much better role which i love. i love robert.

Nena

Posted at 12:27 AM on December 16, 2011

Robert Pattinson plays a better vampire. There’s no question about that. …. The movies are totally different twilight is about a love story. My pick is Robert is a BEAUTIFUL man and he makes a PRETTY vampire… He sparkles like diamonds, are u kidding me? It can’t get any better than that.

Lillian

Posted at 12:59 AM on December 16, 2011

uh, hun, sparkling is not somethimg vampires are suppose to do.

Kremetartboom

Posted at 12:17 AM on December 16, 2011

lol, I liked Brad more than Tom, but liked the RP in Twilight version better & no I don’t believe in vampires.

just me

Posted at 11:28 PM on December 15, 2011

what really bothers me is this whole discussion.. are y’a all frikin serious? like those vampires are your best friends or family members.. everyone here seems to know how a “real” vampire looks like.. LOL just enjoy both movies and no worry about vampires. once they needs u they will show up.. then you will have a short-time opportunity to find out whether they are cold hearted killers or good-natured lovers :D

just me

Posted at 11:03 PM on December 15, 2011

ok., Robert is #1 in every list for me.. on the other hand i loved all the movies with Tom in them. but now i am a bit confused.. either my English is not enough to see what others see between the lines or others just don’t get the humor of Tom. what did he say? “You have to do that, and I never discussed that with Robert, but did he not do that?” to me it sounds kind of joke, absolutely nothing offending for Edward Cullen.

Mary

Posted at 9:17 PM on December 15, 2011

It’s an insult to even compere Lestat to that f*cking sparkling fairy!twilight has the worst vampires and werewolves everrrr!
And Rob will never plays a vampire half as good as Tom!Tom and Brad’s performance were amazing!you can see a true talent in there whereas rob’s vampire potrayal (actuallu his hole acting chops)are nothing.rob is the most overrated actor ever.there is no talent in him!
Sorry rob i like you seem to be a really cool guy but please stop acting…and you are not that hot either Brad Pitt and Tom cruise on the other hand!

renate

Posted at 8:33 PM on December 15, 2011

the fact is..there is no such thing than a vampire..so anybody can make it out to be like they want

Stacie

Posted at 8:30 PM on December 15, 2011

Rob is way better & hotter too!

Adrian

Posted at 7:39 PM on December 15, 2011

I love Robert, but Lestat is x100 times better than Edward and I’m sure Robert would TOTALLY agree.

tom

Posted at 6:50 PM on December 15, 2011

Tomm was gay in the film and was in love with bratt pitt

Tessa

Posted at 9:22 AM on December 16, 2011

And your point is?

Kelley-Twilight Fan Forever

Posted at 5:34 PM on December 15, 2011

Who is a better vampire?

Rob! Totally!

Desi

Posted at 4:59 PM on December 15, 2011

A fact is a fact vampires are originally cold hearted killers