‘Teen Mom’ Kailyn Lowry Gets An Expensive Tattoo

Thu, December 15, 2011 3:38pm EDT by 37 Comments

Kailyn, you said you don’t have money for diapers or rent, so WHY are you spending money on an expensive tattoo!?!

Teen Mom 2 star Kailyn Lowry has talked openly about her money problems — including struggling to afford diapers for Isaac or rent on an apartment — but in a new bonus scene from MTV, we see her spending money on a large, pricey tattoo! She says it’s for Isaac, but wouldn’t he be better off using that money toward things he actually needs?

On average a tattoo costs at LEAST $40, and that’s the minimum price for a small sized tattoo! Kailyn’s goes across her back and features the quote, “To the world you are one person, but to one person you are the world.” A custom tattoo of that size most likely costs $100 at the very least! That’s a lot of money for somebody on a small income like Kailyn!

In the clip, we see Kailyn go to Sacred Art Tattoo Parlor in Nazareth, Pennsylvania. “Are you excited?” Kailyn’s friend asks. “I’m more nervous than anything,” she replies.

As she gets the tattoo, Kailyn is clearly in pain. “I’ll never get another tattoo,” she says. “Definitely worse than having a baby.”

In the end, she loves her new tattoo. But was it worth it?

UPDATE: HollyBaby.com spoke with the tattoo artist  who did Kailyn’s tattoo and learned that the tattoo was a present from Sacred Art Tattoo Parlor. “As a mom, she really doesn’t have a ton of money, obviously,” Stacey Donadio told us.

Kailyn’s tattoo normally would cost about $100 to $150, depending on the detail of the work, Stacey added.

Kailyn was very grateful for the gift. “She didn’t expect it to be free,” Stacey said. “She was really easy going, very friendly. She’s a very, very nice girl.”

Get more Teen Mom drama!

1. Leah Messer Planning Wedding With Boyfriend? More Evidence
  2. ‘Teen Mom’ Catelynn Lowell And Tyler Baltierra Set Their Wedding Date
  3. Gary Shirley Wins Custody Of Leah From Amber Portwood, Says Lawyer

alyssa

Posted at 6:16 PM on February 25, 2012

Yeah she does complain about not having money but I’m sure her situation is stressful I was a teen mom I no how it is and she probably has to have some sort of fun and reward herself sometimes because u can go a little crazy wit baby baby baby stuff all the time. All in all if isaac has a diaper on his butt and food in his tummy its all fair

Kelly

Posted at 12:03 PM on January 18, 2012

I hate her the most she’s such a complainer! She’s always saying how broke she is but she can spend her money on tattoos, coach bags, uggs, and northfaces? start spending your money wisely kail. Jo would have been so much better off if he never even knew you. he shouldn’t have to pay her a dime. if she stopped stupidly spending her money she would have that 4oo or 500 dollars that jo has to pay every month.

ArmyWife

Posted at 11:53 PM on January 16, 2012

Okayy seriously who cares?! The series are spaced out and these girls make money off these shows.

Rosie

Posted at 6:13 PM on December 23, 2011

In the end what she does is up to her. But I don’t buy that she’s as hard up for money as she claims. MTV after all pays her, plus many of the things she does on the show is either paid for by MTV, or restaurants for example give them a free meal in exchange for showing the restaurant on the show. Sure she may not be super rich, but what gets to me is the whinning and complaining about money. All these teen moms have it a lot better then the teen moms irl that are not shown on TV.

mela

Posted at 11:16 PM on December 21, 2011

Wait, so if the tattoo parlor contacted you and you have proof the tattoo was free, shouldn’t the headline be “Kailyn Lowry Gets Tattoo”?

Emma

Posted at 12:19 PM on December 19, 2011

Leave Kail alone. The tattoo was a gift. Even if Kailyn did pay for it herself, it’s nobody’s business how she spends her money and I’m sure she has plenty of it from her contract with MTV.

ArmyWife

Posted at 11:55 PM on January 16, 2012

Couldn’t agree with you more!! I love her she is a wonderful mother and Isacc is so stinkin cute!! I even taught my son the How bigs Isacc but obviously with his own name and he does it quite well :P

tiki

Posted at 10:07 PM on December 15, 2011

what? a young struggling mom isn’t aloud to put away a little bit of money for herself? skip the coffee or chocolate bar etc and put that money into a saving instead for something you really want.

I’m a young single mom of two kids, obviously i have very little money. I really wanted a camera, so I put away money I would have used for coffee and saved until I had enough to buy an 80$ camera.

I don’t think that makes me selfish or a bad mom, and it doesn’t make her one either. moms who work hard for their kids deserve to let themselves have things once in a while too. better to space it out and make it something really good then to choose little things closer together.

me

Posted at 9:20 PM on December 15, 2011

they make more money than i do full time, it is all for show, they have money

Lily

Posted at 9:02 PM on December 15, 2011

Kailyn got this tattoo for free. Do your research.