X Factor's Melanie Amaro is The Next Kelly Clarkson – She Has The Pipes To Win

Thu, December 15, 2011 11:47am EDT by 10 Comments

There’s nothing Melanie Armaro can’t sing with passion and depth. She proved that on last night’s show, Dec. 15. While I’m personally rooting for Josh Krajcik to win — Melanie will be a Kelly Clarkson hit machine!

She’s got a soaring voice. A stunning, beautiful and God given voice that took the classic song “Feeling Good” to new heights in her second performance last night. And just reflect upon the fact that Melanie comes from a disadvantaged background and hasn’t had professional vocal training – she was born talented.

But nothing stops this winning young woman. At times she sounds like Aretha Franklin or Whitney Houston, but I believe she’ll have the super duper staying power of the original American Idol winner, Kelly Clarkson.

Clarkson has churned out hit after hit — her new tune, “Mr. Know It All,” is top of the charts right now.

The X Factor winner gets a $5 million recording contract and I’m certain that with Simon Cowell’s contacts, connections and guidance, she can have original songs penned for her that will be #1 hits.

Not only that — the girl can do films like Jennifer Hudson or Broadway shows like Fantasia Barrino. There are no limits on what Melanie Armaro can do.

But this isn’t to say that I don’t think Josh Krajcik deserves a gigantic career and record deal too! He’s got a voice I could listen to all day long!

Last night’s rendition of Leonard Cohen‘s classic “Hallelujah,” was total “Krajcik Magic”. His deep, gruff voice added non-stop depth to the song, just like he did to the Rolling Stones’, Wild Horses, a couple of weeks ago.

And there’s no question that Josh with the right song choices can also produce chart – topping hits. I just don’t know if Josh will get the radio play that he deserves as easily as Melanie. There hasn’t been a big, full-bodied male voice on the radio in ages — where are the Counting Crows?

That’s why I have to say that Melanie best fits the X Factor parameters. Team her up with Pitbull and she can have the kind of  J-Lo style dance beat hits that dominate the music charts today.

On the other hand — Josh — with his stunning voice erupting out of his unlikely looks, could end up being a Susan Boyle -style surprise superstar.

Wouldn’t it be the best thing if the X Factor powers-that be decided they had such top talent, they just had to hand out TWO $5 million contracts?

What do you think, HollywoodLifers, and who do you support to win?

— Bonnie Fuller

More ‘X Factor:’

1. Kirstin Says: Is Rachel Crow, 14, Too Young For The ‘X Factor’ Spotlight?
  2. ‘X Factor’ Results: Was Rachel Crow Or Marcus Canty Eliminated?
  3. ‘X Factor’ Finalist Rachel Crow Reveals Emotional Tribute To BFF Drew Ryniewicz

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Michael

Posted at 5:25 AM on December 18, 2011

Melanie is great, but let’s not get carried away with the Kelly Clarkson comparisons. Kelly may be the best vocalist in the world.

jim

Posted at 3:19 AM on December 18, 2011

Melanie is the ONLY contestant who deserves a $5 million contract. Come on folks, this is for $5 million dollars. It’s not a talent contest. This girl WILL sell albums. Look at the past contestants on Idol. Most are doing NOTHING. Melanie is as good as Kelly Clarkson. She will go far!

Linda

Posted at 1:01 PM on December 16, 2011

I have been a Melanie fan since she first opened her mouth to sing. I couldn’t beleive it when Simon didn’t put her though. I was about ready to stop watching when he realized he had made a mistake on sending her home. She is the only reason that I am still watching the show! She has REAL talent anyone like even me can see that!

SANDRA

Posted at 9:08 PM on December 15, 2011

I agree that Melanie is the winner and deservingly so. I have been a melanie fan from day one. She simply blew me away when she sang Listen..OMG she has a beautiful voice, and is a beautiful young lady. With Simon in her corner, the sky is the limit. Go melanie Go…U have already won in my book.

ljb

Posted at 6:52 PM on December 15, 2011

I have been around the music industry a long time NY in the past life (now do something else for work)
and I can tell you that JOSH although
he has heart
his voice is just another Saturday
night special in the NJ NY area!
Another thing, he lacks in LOOKS and image unless going for GRUNGE….
no freddie mercury or rodger daltrey style here

Richard Taylor

Posted at 4:56 PM on December 15, 2011

I agree and have believe all along she would be the best representive for the first x factor winner. And yes with proper training I think she has very little limits. The nay sayers would argue the others “write songs” but last time i check Leona doesn’t write much either. Let hope and pray a female can win one of these shows because they rarely do these days.

John

Posted at 4:20 PM on December 15, 2011

It’s all about Melanie for me. Her voice is amazing and seems to have gotten even better which is also amazing. I think I’m caught up in her journey as well. It’s been so much fun to see her grow throughout this competition. I would never have believed I would spend two hours voting for someone on a television show. First time ever.

max

Posted at 1:54 PM on December 15, 2011

You are crazy to think Melanie can be crossover star like Jennifer Hudson, what show have you been watching? What have you seen that suggest a personality/talent for acting? Did you smoke while watching this show? Melanie will be a super star recording artiste no doubt. Acting that’s a no no.

mimi tholsted

Posted at 12:53 PM on December 15, 2011

Melanie style we have seen so often before……no I vote for Chris and Josh, they have something different and very exciting……

raftrap

Posted at 12:28 PM on December 15, 2011

She will win this, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Simon makes her sing “A moment like this” for the finale, it will be a win with the crowd and audience.