Duggar Family Show Pictures Of Their Dead Baby At Memorial Service

Thu, December 15, 2011 9:51am EDT by 138 Comments 11,702 Article Views
Michelle Duggar Miscarriage

The Duggar family held a memorial service for their 20th child Jubilee Shalom Duggar who passed away last week in utero, and the family handed out photos of the fetus with the quote ‘there is no foot too small.’

Michelle Duggar and her husband Jim Bob decided to take their memorial service for their daughter Jubilee Shalom Duggar to a very personal level. Hundreds of family and friends gathered at their church in Springdale, Ark., on Dec. 14 to celebrate the short life of their daughter Jubilee Shalom., who was miscarried in Michelle’s second trimester. Guests received what some would consider a shock when the memorial pictures containing images of the fetus were passed out and projected onto a large screen.

The 19 Kids & Counting stars had the following quote accompanied with the photos obtained by TMZ: “There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.”

In the photo, Michelle is holding Jubilee’s tiny hands and feet. Amy Duggar, a cousin who occasionally appears on the TLC show tweeted the photos and wrote: “RIP precious Jubilee Shalom Duggar! Can’t wait to meet you someday, thank you Lord for giving our family peace.”

The photos have since been taken down from her Twitter account. To see the photos go to TMZ.

UPDATE: Find out how the kids are dealing with the miscarriage.

— Chloe Melas

Get more updates on the Duggars:

1. Michelle Duggar Plans To Name Miscarried Baby
  2. Michelle Duggar Suffers Miscarriage — So Sad
  3. 20 Kids And Counting! Michelle Duggar Is Pregnant AGAIN!

PC250MTK Review

Posted at 2:31 PM on April 23, 2012

I’m not positive where you are getting your info, however great topic. I must spend some time finding out much more or figuring out more. Thank you for great information I was looking for this information for my mission.

Vickey Gerardot

Posted at 7:49 PM on April 3, 2012

GOD BLESS YOU ET YOUR FAMILY.
YOU ARE ALL. VERY SPECIAL.
NEVER CHANGE WHO YOU ARE.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES. ……. Blessings. Love. Peace. Et Joy.
Vickey
Fort Wayne in

talor

Posted at 9:06 PM on March 30, 2012

who cares

taytay

Posted at 10:09 PM on March 29, 2012

yeah! finally

April

Posted at 10:05 AM on March 28, 2012

No, the Duggar’s have every right to mourn their child any way they want. There are disturbing pic on line of worse things like abortions, so them showing Jubilee’s lil hand or foot is a sweet moment in time that will be cherished for the rest of their lived and it’s their perogitive. Some ppl don’t even honor their miscarriages that way and just allow the hospitals get rid of their babies bodies even if they were far along as well. So everyone shld back off and have respect for them and their lil angel that went to heaven. If u don’t agree then don’t watch the show worry about your selves.

DeAnna Crabtree

Posted at 12:52 AM on March 28, 2012

Dear Duggar Family,
God bless you. I lost two babies also. I know how the hurt is, and I know one day I will see those 2 babies too. The hurt eases, and you put the pain where you can to deal with it, but to this day, I still miss my two lost babies. God bless you and your family and help you through this.
Very Sincerely,
DeAnna Crabtree

Janine Johnson

Posted at 12:04 AM on March 28, 2012

Anyone who criticizes the Duggar’s zeal for truth and their ministry can only be Godless. If more decent Christians like them had big families, the world would be a much better place. I hope all their children follow in their footsteps and bring hundreds upon thousands of loving, caring and giving people into our midst. Praise the Lord!!!

Kris

Posted at 7:58 PM on March 27, 2012

Now, I’m not even remotely like the duggars, but I believe they are good people. The older kids simply buddy the younger ones, not raise them. The parents spend time with all of their children. They teach their children the importance of friendship, love, and giving back to your fellow man. Those children are a blessing to this world, just like every child, and anyone who says different is jealous their kids aren’t as well heaved or talented. Should they have maybe taken it easy after Josie, maybe. The pictures are touching. If you’ve never experienced a miscarriage, you have no idea how it feels. You don’t know how truly blessed your life was to be touched by your unborn child until they’re gone. And then you’re left wondering if you could have done something to prevent that awful event. Don’t judge people who have not harmed you. In fact, don’t judge anyone at all.

Marjorie

Posted at 3:26 PM on March 21, 2012

I am so saddened by your loss and I can honestly tell you that I know exactly how you feel! I went in for my 5 month checkup on May 5th, 2009 and was going to get an ultrasound to see if I was having a boy or a girl. They didn’t see the heartbeat, so I was sent to the hospital for an emergency ultrasound and it confirmed that my baby had died. I was heartbroken and cried. He was so wanted, I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and my husband has a low sperm count, we have 2 boys and 2 girls and we were so excited to find out we were pregnant against all odds! I had to be induced and after 8 1/2 hours of labor, I delivered Jonathon Saylor! He was beautiful and it was so heart wrenching I have never experianced anything like it in my life and never want to again! I am lifting you and your family up in my prayers, I understand your pain and your children will too experiance loss and pain. May the Lord richly bless you and wrap His loving Arms around you and your family during this tragic time.

Trayvon

Posted at 2:35 PM on March 21, 2012

maybe you will get some contraception now and take care of the ones you got, instead of letting your older kids raise them. You also have grandchildren so stop having babies for the show and selfishness, it’s time to sew it up now and enjoy the ones you have. God doesn’t make mistakes so try giving bj’s instead, you won’t get pregnant that way. lol

Daisy

Posted at 1:44 PM on March 28, 2012

Wow, how disrespecful and rude you are posting this mean crap. Who are you to judge anyone and what they do? They aren’t having kids for fame or ratings they were already a large family prior to the show. Also they own several properties and are successful, so if they can afford it and if it’s their conviction to have as many babies the Lord wants them to have it’s their right. At least they are not like these many young ppl today popping out kids like candy and can’t even support or let alone take care of their kids and beat or kill them. So before you open your mouth know the real facts and maybe you should keep you shouldn’t conceive since your pure ignorant and irrelevant.

Angela

Posted at 9:33 AM on March 11, 2012

Hey Duggars. I’m really sorry for you and little Jubilee. She will be in a better place with our father. Your in my prayers. Don’t take this as a stop sign, as long as God blesses you with little ones let it be. It’s alright. My daughter was born very premature at 3 pounds and fit baby doll clothes. She is now 8 months. Her brother was miscarried and I didn’t let that stop me because God can make miracles. Remember, everything he does is what he has planned for you, don’t take it the wrong way.

june

Posted at 7:26 AM on March 14, 2012

Angela, that was so sweet and I know that they will be blessed with more children as long as god leads them down the right road.

sydney

Posted at 8:05 PM on March 5, 2012

leave them alone they just lost a baby. God has gave them a gift of that many kids,he will keep doing that as long as he thinks its write!

Char

Posted at 9:13 PM on March 1, 2012

I feel so bad for the entire Diggar family. They will be in my prayers. God love them no matter how many children they have they’re taking care of them. I love how much faith and trust they have in God maybe some of us should be more like that and stop being so judgmental.

April

Posted at 2:34 PM on March 1, 2012

Every child is a blessing and as long as The Duggar parents are able to care for all of their children then they should be able to have as many children as they want. I think they are a wonderful family and we all can learn something from them. That something is that the love for family should have no limit.

Nichole

Posted at 2:05 AM on February 27, 2012

Really ……unless you have walked in her shoes your opinion is NIL AND VOID. My first baby was my baby and I loved her from the moment I saw the two lines on my test. Although she never lived to take her first breath I never loved her less. I now have two beautiful living daughters that I am so blessed with. I still love my first, I look forward to the day I meet her in heaven. When I lost her I felt so alone…like no one understood and if j tried to explain people would make MORONIC statement like “well did she take her first breath”. I wish I had the ability and the courage give my baby such a beautiful memorial service. I love my living daughters with all my soul ….and I love my angel baby too.

It is quite obvious some of those making such ignorant comments as on here are young and never know the gift from God of having a living soul growing inside of you. Grow up before you enter into adult conversations!

Rachel

Posted at 10:26 AM on February 24, 2012

Wow. Some people are ignorant. God bless you and I hope this doesn’t happen to you. The Duggers are in my prayers and the media is disgusting for taking advantage of their loss.

Amy

Posted at 6:12 PM on February 22, 2012

Have any of you lost a child??? I have and I know the pain there family is going through my little girl died at 28 weeks. I feel if you have never lost a child then you have no idea what the pain feels like and should probally keep your mouth closed.

Bwork

Posted at 1:36 AM on February 20, 2012

You sound like an un educated jealous woman. What you could not have kids oh well get over it. All I see is people judging everyone else but themselves. Look in the mirror. God said thou shall not judge. And all the haters are the ones that judge the most.

Bella helani

Posted at 10:32 PM on February 19, 2012

I think that they just want attention

Bella helani

Posted at 10:29 PM on February 19, 2012

I believe the photos were published for attention. Was the baby born, then died? Did the baby live a while? And how old is the mom…

Judy

Posted at 10:02 PM on February 16, 2012

I used to love to watch their show But it seems to be all about them and not thinking of others who have to be reminded losing their loved one the show is starting to be a tear jerker and I would rather laugh then cry Know I will have to find a book or another show to watch. Sorry Duggars best wishes to you all.

Carolyn

Posted at 3:39 PM on February 15, 2012

I feel in our world today it is wrong to have that many kids. You see your putting your responsibilities on to your older children to be baby sisters. Second, people in third world countries cannot even feed there children. Even they are in a sleep. They keep having kids, while their children eat dirt and die. Just because you feel God says be fruitful and multiply, does not mean over multiiply.
What is your family going to do when hard times hit? Are they going to eat dirt like they do in third world countries. We are in a prison on planet earth and now your children our going to be in a worse prison they you. China has the best policy, one child per family. I have no children this way they do not have to be a slave to the government. Jesus said, there would come a time when men kind would say bless are they that never bore children. We are already bunny rabbits in cages to live and have any kind of space. They lucky ones get cages and eat while being a slave. They rest live on the streets and eat dirt.
I pray to Jesus that you can understand the real hell your in. God does not tell us in the new testment to have children, he tells us we will die for him. Why bring children into the world and make them go through that? What chances do you think are in an evel world for them not to go through that. When they were burning the true childrens at the stake, those parents were wishing they never had children. When Cori and Betsie Tenboom were being tormented, I am sure they were very glad for no children. Even if your children are not psycially taken, they will be mentally brain washed.

hunnycayx422

Posted at 8:01 PM on March 26, 2012

Wow really!?! U sound like u need 2 c a therapist! It seems 2 me that any1 that has a different opinon than u or choses 2 live a lifestyle other than one that u’d choose is “in a sleep!” However if they share ur opinion they are “free thinkers??” I happen to know that having children-being a mom-has enriched my life & made it complete! God would not have made us 2 reproduce if we werenf supposed 2 have children! Yeah there are nasty things going on everywhere in this world-our tru freedom comes after death. So why not try to make the best of our time while we r here-however that may b! I While i dont think ppl should have children they cant properly care for-i dont think that applies in this case! We all struggle @ one time or another. It builds character! What makes all the pain bareable is the uncondtional luv of our family! I have a sneeking suspcion that had u chosen 2 have kids u may not b so cynical!

Kayla

Posted at 2:32 PM on February 13, 2012

I feel so bad for the kids. I don’t know why the Duggars need to have so many kids. They wouldn’t have had to suffer through that miscarriage if they hadn’t tried to get pregnant again. Still, it is sad and I feel bad for the family. My mom had 3 miscarriages before she had me and about to more miscarriages before she had my brothers. Whatever their reasoning behind having so many kids is, my heart goes out to the parents and all 19 kids.

Carolyn

Posted at 3:45 PM on February 15, 2012

I like you kalya, you are a free thinker. Thank you Lord, for the people who are not in a sleep and can think for themselves.

Bwork

Posted at 1:44 AM on February 20, 2012

Carolyn u r so judgemental. I bet you have secrets in your closet don’t you. If you r such a godly woman than why are you judging them? God says thou shalt not judge and all your doing is judging them. What will you say to gods face when he asks you face to face why did you judge me for making these babies for them. It’s your own choice for not having kids but don’t bring the bible into it. Give me the exact scripture where it says the parentless will be prosperous. I’m interested.

Nichole

Posted at 2:23 AM on February 27, 2012

Wow …for someone who claims to know Jesus I seriously think you need to have a talk with Him. Have you heard of trusting in Gods will? Do you not think that God “knits us in out mothers womb”? If God (who by all accounts has a little more authority in the matter than u ) sees fit to give them thr gift of a child who are you to judge?Personally i find it amusing when I hear people say with the way the world is why bring more kids in it. Here’s a new idea….try trusting our Father. You know the one WHO IS CREATING these children you think shouldn’t be here. We are all going to die…that’s been happening since Adam…good thing they didn’t “decide” not to have kids!

Erika

Posted at 10:51 PM on February 12, 2012

I think they are ridiculous, 19, really enough!! Sorry for their loss but enough! Take this as a sign to stop!

breanna

Posted at 1:48 PM on February 15, 2012

cant u be anymore rude they lost a baby no one should lose a baby ok so plz leave them alone and get over your self

Kimmie

Posted at 8:58 PM on February 28, 2012

I don’t see anything wrong with people who can afford it to have as many children as they want. They are not living off the government, their children are well behaved and brought up with all the values a child should have. Years ago, it was normal to have many children. Now someone like octomom, she should be banned from creating anymore children.

Amanda

Posted at 12:05 PM on February 10, 2012

Beautiful name. Screw off all of you people how have nothing better to do with your time then to hate on this lovely family, its very sad and pathetic of you. My thoughts are with you Duggar family your are such beautiful and good hearted people.