Did Gary Shirley Get Full Custody Of Leah From Amber Portwood?

Wed, December 14, 2011 12:38pm EDT by 7 Comments

Gary reveals on Twitter that Leah is ‘officially’ his. Have Amber’s destructive ways finally caused her to lose custody of her daughter?

Teen Mom star Gary Shirley has been battling his baby mama Amber Portwood for full custody of their daughter Leah, 3, for months now — and it looks like he may have finally won.

“Today amongst all days is the single greatest day for the rest of my life:)” Gary excitedly tweeted Dec. 14. “My daughter officially mine. More than before. Love you so much @leah_leann”

To celebrate, Gary is taking Leah on a trip. “so were hitting up some Disney in Florida to celebrate. :)” he wrote.

Gary’s attorney Jeff Lockwood predicted back in August that Gary would get full custody.

“I think custody will go to Gary,” Jeff told Star magazine at the time. Gary was seeking custody of Leah because he didn’t want her to be subjected to Amber’s destructive behavior. Amber has attempted suicide, battled assault charges in court and even gone to rehab — and most recently on Nov. 18, she got into a fight with a random stranger at IHOP.

But despite Amber’s mishaps, Gary also wants to make sure that she would be able to visit Leah as often as possible.

“We will aim for her to have a whole lot of visitation,” Jeff added.

HollyBaby.com has reached out to Amber, Gary’s attorney and Amber’s attorney Robert Schembs for comment, but we have yet to hear back. The Anderson Indiana court system could not give details on the case, as it’s “confidential.”

UPDATE: The 20-year-old told E! News: “Gary and I have joint custody and Leah only lives with him because they [CPS] felt she wasn’t safe with me when my house got vandalized.”

- Lindsey DiMattina & Anna Moeslein

More Amber Portwood News:

1. Amber On Her Mental Disorders
  2. Amber Gets In A Violent Fight A IHOP
  3. Gary: I’m Not Back With Amber

Leah Bazzy-Matovich

Posted at 2:14 PM on August 30, 2012

I’m so glad they awarded him custody. I think amber is a terrific mom….when its convenient….and she’s not strung out.which is hardly ever. The fact that he wants her to visit proves that he really wants what’s best for his daughter. He has every right to be publicly happy! He’s done what’s right and has been rewarded. She put herself in this situation. People are so different on drugs….

Izy49

Posted at 1:52 AM on August 29, 2012

I agree that gary is a mroe responsible parent for Leah. But that doesn’t mean he should brag aout how happy he is that Leah is more official his, because no matter what Amber is always going to be her mother. That is her right and nobody can take that away from her. Best of luck for Leah. She’s adorable and just deserves the best.

free stuff by mail

Posted at 6:53 PM on June 11, 2012

I simply couldn’t leave your web site before suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the standard information a person provide on your visitors? Is going to be again often in order to check out new posts

laptop

Posted at 7:04 AM on June 6, 2012

Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve take into accout your stuff prior to and you are simply extremely excellent. I actually like what you have received right here, really like what you are saying and the way in which through which you are saying it. You’re making it enjoyable and you still care for to stay it wise. I cant wait to learn much more from you. That is really a terrific site.

Kerstian :)

Posted at 5:59 PM on December 16, 2011

I think that leah is just so cute :) Everyone only wants the best for you. Amber has her explosions, but she was the one with leah when she had to go back to the hospital because she had a hard time breathing. Watch the episode of 16 and pregnant with Amber. You will understand when you see that

Joanna

Posted at 2:02 PM on December 16, 2011

yess..Gary is more responible (:

saf97

Posted at 5:06 PM on December 14, 2011

That would be really good for Leah because I think Gary is a more responsible parent than Amber.