Robert Pattinson Reveals: Why I Wish I'd Played Jacob Instead Of Edward

Wed, December 14, 2011 9:24pm EST by 16 Comments
Edward Cullen Jacob Black
Loading video...

Even though we can’t imagine Rob as anything but Edward Cullen, he says he totally would have played the role of the shirtless werewolf!

Robert Pattinson never ceases to shock us in every single one of his interviews. The always hilarious actor spoke with iHeartRadio and revealed why he would have said yes to playing Taylor Lautner‘s role of Jacob Black, but admits that the shirtless scenes would have been tough for him.

“Ya I mean I love that part,” Rob said. “Or Bella! I mean they are both great parts. I wouldn’t really want to work out all the time it’s really not my lifestyle choice.”

Oh Rob, always the jokester. But could you ever imagine these movies with Taylor as Edward and Rob as Jacob?

— Chloe Melas

More ‘Breaking Dawn’ News:

1. Robert Pattinson Would Love To Do Another ‘Twilight’ Movie
  2. Kristen Stewart: Topless In New ‘Breaking Dawn’ Pic
  3. Robert Pattinson: Why ‘Breaking Dawn’ Sex Was ‘Fun’

Beth Ann

Posted at 6:38 PM on August 21, 2013

I think you did well as edward go vampires wooo 0:) sorry:$

Sophie

Posted at 9:07 AM on January 11, 2012

Obviously Rob is the perfect Edward and we cant see him playing Jacob, But if you think about it…If it was switched so Taylor was Edward and Rob was Jacob we would think the same that we cant think of Rob playing Edward…lol Or for example could you think of anyone else other than Arnold Schwazaneger playing the guy in Terminator? :) See what I mean? lol Love Rob and Edward :D xx

karma

Posted at 10:41 PM on December 17, 2011

They both are perfect for their character.

@larice I find Taylor and Rob attractive.

amyk

Posted at 7:26 PM on December 17, 2011

No Rob plz Dont say that !!

You were perfect as Edward and Taylor was perfect as Jacob..So plz stop criticizing your character which gave u fame

Always Love Edward Cullen
Always Love ROb <3

Coffeecake

Posted at 2:55 AM on December 16, 2011

Maybe Rob with Taylor’s muscles – seems to me that in the book Edward was more muscular and physically imposing than he is in the film.

Sandra

Posted at 10:01 AM on December 15, 2011

Robert Pattinson was meant to play Edward Cullen and Taylor Lautner Jacob Black, it would just be wrong if it was in an antoher way. I love Twilight, Love Robert!!! :)

Larice

Posted at 6:17 AM on December 15, 2011

No! Rob is the perfect Edward. Let shorty boy with squishy face, pug nose and small squinty eyes play Jacob.

Angelina

Posted at 8:52 PM on December 14, 2011

Robert Pattinson was born to play the part of Edward Cullen he has all that was needed to be Edward he was prefect for the part I don’t think anybody else could have replaced him, they definitely made the best choice… As for Taylor is different though,he is no where near right for playing Edward or Jacob (my opinion). I’m sorry… To me Robert is perfect but I would love it if he work out just a little to build some muscle he doesn’t have to change who he is or need to get all huge and everything no, we love him for who he is he’s unique and has his own personality which we love. I was just giving a suggestion but if it doesn’t happen is ok :) we’ll adore him anyways. I so love the twilight movies and the cast too…

Angel11

Posted at 7:18 PM on December 14, 2011

Taylor has the boy next door look; not the sexy guy that all the women want. And if you recall, when Twilight first started, Taylor was 15 and did not have a six pack. He was just a skinny kid who almost didn’t get to come back to play Jacob because he didn’t fit the body type. Even though he did gain some weight and put on a six pack, he still didn’t meet the description of Jacob in the book. By the last book, he was supposed to look in his mid to late twenties physically even though he was only 17. Don’t get me wrong though, I am a fan of
Taylor’s. I think he has an amazing career ahead of him; but, he could never have played Edward Cullen…sorry.

Lilome

Posted at 10:37 PM on December 14, 2011

Newsflash- Taylor has had a 6 pack since he was 11. You can find video of him on YouTube as a martial artist. And he IS the sexy guy the girls want. Maybe you missed all of the screaming fans when they announce his name at events. The reason he could never play Edward is his tan skin and dark hair. Taylor could never be the pasty white pale kid. Love him as Jacob. Still wishing for an alternate ending.

no name :)

Posted at 9:47 AM on December 15, 2011

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! :)

Anon

Posted at 12:24 AM on December 19, 2011

@Lilome. Couldn’t have put it better myself. Taylor IS the sexy guy. Even the girls with Team Edward shirts at the BD premiere were screaming for Jacob louder than for Edward.
And if you want to start a petition for an alternate ending, count me in. All in all BD was pretty much a literary cop-out and sucked.
I do think this post is ridiculous though. Of course Rob was the best Edward and Taylor was the best Jacob. RME

Annabears

Posted at 7:03 PM on December 14, 2011

That actually would make more sense ;)
Taylor Lautner totally beats RPatz for hotness and Edward is supposed to be HOT!

tammy

Posted at 5:21 PM on December 14, 2011

haha imagine Jacob as Edward and rob as jake coz i can’t

Kelley

Posted at 4:11 PM on December 14, 2011

lol, I can NOT see Rob as Jacob! :) He is the PERFECT Edward!

Arkansas