T.I. Attacks Taylor Swift — How Dare He?

Tue, December 13, 2011 4:23pm EDT by 32 Comments
Taylor Swift T.I.

Taylor Swift on the “T.I. & Tiny” show from Taylor Swift Web on Vimeo.

After Taylor Swift asked him to perform with her in concert, T.I. made a backhanded comment about the innocent country crooner. How rude!

Nobody should mess with Taylor Swift — she’s America’s Sweetheart! That said, even people who are her friends — like T.I. — say rude things about the 22-year-old country singer and it’s totally uncalled for.

On his reality show, T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle, T.I. filmed his guest performance with Taylor, while she was on tour in Atlanta. While contemplating her invitation, T.I. joked to the camera, “Do I choose street cred or Hollywood?”

Then, throughout the entire segment, the rapper laughed about the differences between White people on tour and African Americans (like the nice dressing rooms, the healthy food and no swearing). Although he did make sure to thank Taylor for the opportunity to perform alongside her at the sold out concert, it seemed like he was a little ashamed of himself at the same time.

Taylor, on the other hand, couldn’t have been more welcoming to T.I. and his entire entourage.

“Singing ‘Live Your Life’ with TI tonight was unreal,” Taylor tweeted after the show Oct. 2. “LOUDEST screams from the crowd, 14,000 people, hands in the air- welcome back @Tip!!”

Do YOU think T.I. was rude to Taylor? Sound off below!

Click here to see all of Taylor’s guests on tour!

amy

Posted at 8:02 PM on December 14, 2011

HL staff you have it all wrong.. your making a big deal out of nothing he was just joking and having fun nothing racial and nothing disrespectful. If you cant take jokes or understand differnt cultures and their terms and slangs. Then dont wacth the show!

Revira

Posted at 9:54 AM on December 14, 2011

The writer of this should be fired!!!

katerina perti

Posted at 9:45 AM on December 14, 2011

come on the man said nathing i know that taylor is america sweet heart but ti wasnt rude he said nothing wrong stop making fights

Lanna Nicole

Posted at 9:17 AM on December 14, 2011

This is ridiculous…in no wayd did T.I or anybody else for the matter attack Taylor Swift. I am a fan of both. Of these artist & I liked their performance a lot. It is writers like you Ms. Benson that likes to stir up negativity & unnessesary drama that should never have even occured in the first place.

Uncle Dude

Posted at 9:03 AM on December 14, 2011

Last week this stupd site tried to start somthig btwn Taylor & Miley over what some moron writer at this site said was a diss by Taylor againt Miley? Now an even bigger MORON writer is trying start somthing btwn Tip & Tay. Im wht in my 50’s big fan of both artists. I watched his show & all the interviews they both have given about. And I have seen nothing but love, respect,fun & great music. Now the lies are spreading to other dumb gossip sites. This is hate spread by stupd gossip sites for people to lazy to look beyond this nasty headline.

Lara

Posted at 5:51 AM on December 14, 2011

I don’t get this! What he meant by things that he said? Can someone explain it to me? My english is bas. I don’t understand anything :(

samy

Posted at 4:31 AM on December 14, 2011

TI TWEETED TO TEYLOR YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY

go to hell bieber!

Posted at 3:24 AM on December 14, 2011

Finally someone who is not a fan of her singing… she must stick to songwriting it will take her far

gie

Posted at 10:46 AM on December 14, 2011

ON TAYLOR SWIFT… I AGREE…

ALTHOUGH,WHILE T. SWIFT IS A NICE PERSON,HER SINGING IS NOT THAT GREAT… I LISTEN TO HER SINGING,I WOULD SAY…SOMETHING IS MISSING…I DON’T KNOW WHAT,MAYBE IT IS THE VOCAL SOUND WHICH JUST REGULAR NOT CAPTIVATING…MAYBE SOMEDAY SHE WILL EVENTUALLY CAPTIVE ME AND OTHERS.ANYWAY, I BELIEVE WHEN IT COMES TO TERRIFIC VOCALS I COULD NAME SOME THE LIKES OF ADELLE,MILEY,LOVATO,AGUILLERA AND SOME OLDER PERFORMERS…THEY REALLY CAN MAKE MY HEART PALPITATE.THEIR VOCALS MY FRIEND… YOU CAN BRING IT TO THE BANK IN MY OPINION.

Ranty

Posted at 12:13 PM on December 14, 2011

My cousin walked out of her concert because TS’s singing was so bad. She thinks she’s awesome as a person…well as much as she can know as a fan…but anyone with an ounce of musical training can tell she’s not that good of a singer.

Corliss

Posted at 3:00 AM on December 14, 2011

T.I. was not RUDE to Taylor Swift. I do think to much credit is given to her for her sign. I like her as a person, but her singing is not that GREAT at all.

Valentina

Posted at 12:58 AM on December 14, 2011

I am sooooo sick of Taylor Swift. I don’t think she can sing, she’s not the prettiest thing in Hollywood-but that being said, she doesn’t swear, she doesn’t dress like a $2 hooker, and she doesn’t treat people out of line. Do unto others, T.I…!
And, um…I live in America. She’s not my choice for “sweetheart”.

Jessica b.

Posted at 12:45 AM on December 14, 2011

If he was going 2 criticize why’d he perform w/ her?? But I still love T.I. :)

Millie

Posted at 12:18 AM on December 14, 2011

I really think that this was blown out of proportion. Whoever wrote this tried to make a story out of nothing. Of course there is going to be a difference between their tours. They are in two different musical genres. Ugh!! This is the media that helps influence racial fights and disputes off of nothing. The footage clearly shows that he was honored to perform with her.

Wyndi

Posted at 11:46 PM on December 13, 2011

Will u stop pushing that America’s sweetheart CRAP! I’m so over the image of perfection the media makes Taylor Swift out to be, she seems to be a lovely girl but…nobody is perfect. T.I. has a right to his opinion…God forbid he should ruffle the feathers on Taylor’s angel wings…GET A LIFE.

Isabella

Posted at 11:33 PM on December 13, 2011

This is what is wrong with many people today, take anyone who says something that is not offensive at all but strictly an unbiased opinion, you will find someone of any race toss the “oh your racist” card.

Super

Posted at 8:45 PM on December 13, 2011

It’s not offensive really…

Melissa

Posted at 8:42 PM on December 13, 2011

Oh please. Americans are ALWAYS looking for a reason to be offended by something. Who cares???

julie

Posted at 6:38 PM on December 13, 2011

…..that wasn’t anything mean but ok just keep making it that big to where its horrible O.o

Debbi

Posted at 6:20 PM on December 13, 2011

Ahhhh COME OOOOON!!! He didn’t say anything wrong…. Its good to see T.I. back !! :)

Christina

Posted at 6:19 PM on December 13, 2011

This story is so untrue .. on his show he was proud to be on her show performing and in the end it came down to two artists working together, yes he joked about the veggie trays and try not to say curse words, but he’s a rapper and shes a country singer of course they’re going to have opposite views. This story is trying to instigate something that is not true!

Trisha

Posted at 6:18 PM on December 13, 2011

Are you serious right now? Nothing bad was even said! Do you really think there would NOT be a difference between a country/pop tour and a hip hop tour? And anyways, he and Nelly were talking about how WELCOMING they were..

AUBRIELLE

Posted at 6:11 PM on December 13, 2011

ITS SAD HOW THE MEDIA CAN TAKE SOMETHING SO SMALL AND MAKE IT SO BIG…SO SAD!!!

Amy

Posted at 5:52 PM on December 13, 2011

Whoever wrote this story really needs to get a grip. He didn’t say anything wrong. I’m sure Taylor isn’t offended.

Holi

Posted at 5:33 PM on December 13, 2011

That’s not that bad… I get what he means and he doesn’t mean it in a bad way

chochlte12u

Posted at 5:26 PM on December 13, 2011

I think this is blown way out of proportion. He was honored to do the show but didn’t want to send a mixed message to her audience.

crystal blue

Posted at 5:04 PM on December 13, 2011

I totally think that was blown out of portion. On the show he was really honored to be a her show..