T.I. Attacks Taylor Swift — How Dare He?

Tue, December 13, 2011 4:23pm EST by 32 Comments
Taylor Swift T.I.

Taylor Swift on the “T.I. & Tiny” show from Taylor Swift Web on Vimeo.

After Taylor Swift asked him to perform with her in concert, T.I. made a backhanded comment about the innocent country crooner. How rude!

Nobody should mess with Taylor Swift — she’s America’s Sweetheart! That said, even people who are her friends — like T.I. — say rude things about the 22-year-old country singer and it’s totally uncalled for.

On his reality show, T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle, T.I. filmed his guest performance with Taylor, while she was on tour in Atlanta. While contemplating her invitation, T.I. joked to the camera, “Do I choose street cred or Hollywood?”

Then, throughout the entire segment, the rapper laughed about the differences between White people on tour and African Americans (like the nice dressing rooms, the healthy food and no swearing). Although he did make sure to thank Taylor for the opportunity to perform alongside her at the sold out concert, it seemed like he was a little ashamed of himself at the same time.

Taylor, on the other hand, couldn’t have been more welcoming to T.I. and his entire entourage.

“Singing ‘Live Your Life’ with TI tonight was unreal,” Taylor tweeted after the show Oct. 2. “LOUDEST screams from the crowd, 14,000 people, hands in the air- welcome back @Tip!!”

Do YOU think T.I. was rude to Taylor? Sound off below!

Click here to see all of Taylor’s guests on tour!

Mikey 21000

Posted at 9:06 AM on February 1, 2014

Aahhhh shut up. He didn’t disrespect nobody. PPl make comments like that in the hood all the time. & why get upset about what he said about touring when he just told the truth. Which is true, other music artist other than rappers get the best venues,promotion, & treatment when on tour. I seen that show too and every time T.I. said something about her or the show he was smiling & laughing. Oh & let’s not forget that T.I. has been saling out concert seats for over a decade now… I think the main problem is people like you & the mainstream public who never wanted to see a ghetto, drug rapping artist such as T.I. with your ms “Americas Sweetheart” anyway.

Talypor

Posted at 4:36 AM on October 21, 2012

I don’t think he is being rude. Just being honest. He respects talyor swift! He is a rapper and he has talked about in his shows he comes from streets unlike his kids. Taylor Swift all American sweetheart. Black culture different than all American apple pie.
He is just joking! No big deal.

Brian

Posted at 1:58 AM on December 17, 2011

I hate seeing anyone say anything bad about Taylor but I watched this show and I didn’t see anything that got me mad. T.I. is from a different world than Taylor. Of course he’s going to wonder if he should do her show with her. In the end he made the right choice.

As for the whole black-white issue, I didn’t see that. He compared what life is like in his part of the music world to how things are handled backstage at Taylor’s show. Not how white singers do things. It isn’t a black-white story, just that Taylor and her people have their act together and are very professional. Nobody could put on that show if they’re all running around wondering what to do next.

DMK

Posted at 3:04 PM on December 15, 2011

Dear HL Staff (aka moron)
T.I. wasn’t being rude. He was joking.You should be banned from writing articles forever because of your stupidity.

Melania

Posted at 2:56 AM on December 15, 2011

The writer MUST be getting paid by the click. Just another crappy gossip websites that uses deceptive headlines to get clicks from Google News. Then makes you wait 30 seconds for the page to load between Google and here. I won’t be clicking HollywoodLife.com links again, and hopefully Google’s algorithm (which generally disfavors slow page loads, much less a 30-second ad before you even see any content) will knock it down soon. Maybe this is just a recent enough article that it surfaced.