Clarins celebrity makeup artist Pati Dubroff tells YOU the red carpet beauty secrets you need to know right now!
Pati Dubroff explains how to keep your makeup looking fresh all night long and what beauty trends we should expect to see on the red carpet through the coming awards season.
What makeup trends do you predict we will see on the red carpets during the upcoming awards season?
1. “Glowing radiant skin is a mainstay – soft lingerie tones to give a polished natural healthy look will for sure be an important trend to watch for.”
2. “Pops of color are always lovely, but definitely there needs to be regard for the event (see below).”
3. “Full luscious lashes that look real and not overtly false lash fake. I am also sure there will be some sexy winged eyes a la Sophia Loren – a look that is timeless and also so right now!”
Are there any makeup shades that you recommend celebrities avoid on the red carpet?
“Unless the red carpet is for a very fashion-forward event (Met ball), a music awards show or a daytime fun premiere, brights and colors could stand out in a not-so-good way.
The bright turquoise eyeliner or shocking pink lipstick may not be ‘grown up enough’ for the Globes or Oscars. The key is to look classic and modern at the same time. In this way, a deep magenta or deep rose lipstick will work – and save the bubblegum for another day.”
Do you have a trick for keeping makeup looking fresh through a long event?
“The trick for long wearing makeup is first prepping the skin well. The skin needs to be well hydrated – but not greasy. I am a huge fan of Intraceuticals Oxygen Machine treatments – the oxygen helps infuse the hydrating serum and skin is plump and glowing.
I then pat Clarins Beauty Flash Balm on the tops of the cheeks to give a radiant lift to the facial contours.
The next crucial step is filling in pores and fine lines especially around tzone and corners of eyes. This step mattifies skin (reducing need for too much powder) and helps foundation stay put.
The other key for long wearing makeup is layering. I will use a cream blush, a sheer wash of loose powder, and then a powder blush.
For eyes, it is about layering a cream shadow or smudged pencil with a powder to increase hold and long wear.”
Which celebrities do you think consistently get it right (makeup-wise) on the red carpet? Why?
1. Kate Winslet always looks polished yet not overdone. She always looks effortless and comfortable.
2. Gwyneth Paltrow is the perfect combination of fresh faced healthy and cool girl with a touch of rocker.
3. Julianne Moore — she has envy-worthy skin and looks just as gorgeous with simple nude tones or seriously smoky eyes.
4. Michelle Williams has the fresh faced peaches and cream look perfected. I also love when she goes a little twiggy retro with her eyes. She looks young and effortless and oh so pretty.
Get More From Our BFF’s At Glamour!