Simon Cowell Promises: Marcus Canty Will NOT Win 'The X Factor'

Fri, December 9, 2011 4:09pm EDT by 40 Comments
Marcus Canty The X Factor

HollywoodLife.com caught up with Simon Cowell after the shocking ‘The X Factor’ elimination Dec. 8, who was not happy with the results of the night

Simon Cowell was less than pleased after losing his contestant, Rachel Crow, in a deadlock judges’ vote last night on The X Factor and said there’s no way Marcus Canty — who was saved over Rachel — will make it through the semi-finals.

“It’s not going to happen, I don’t believe that,” the 52-year-old British judge told HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “I have talked to the others and he is not going to be in that league, especially with what we have planned next week.”

He reconfirmed his feeling toward the issue a few minutes later, telling reporters he’d be “disappointed” if Marcus won the $5 million recording contract. “I don’t think he is going to win,” he added.

Who do YOU think will win The X Factor this season?

Reporting by Russ Weakland

More ‘X Factor:’

1. Kirstin Says: Is Rachel Crow, 14, Too Young For The ‘X Factor’ Spotlight?
  2. ‘X Factor’ Results: Was Rachel Crow Or Marcus Canty Eliminated?
  3. ‘X Factor’ Finalist Rachel Crow Reveals Emotional Tribute To BFF Drew Ryniewicz

Skoda Bydgoszcz

Posted at 8:24 AM on May 15, 2012

I used to be recommended this web site by my cousin. I am not positive whether or not this publish is written by means of him as nobody else recognize such detailed about my problem. You’re wonderful! Thanks!

Marcus and Rachel fan

Posted at 12:48 PM on December 16, 2011

LOL…that was funny. I like that. I liked both Marcus and Rachel from the very beginning. Marcus’ style and Rachels’ so cute that she made me smile. She is america’s sweet heart and I’m excited that Disney has their eyes on her. “Go girl”. Marcus has such an humbling spirit and you can see he enjoys what he does. God definitly has a plan for that guy. LA Reid loved Marcus for the start, he said and I quote, “I’ve been looking for another Bobby Brown, since Bobby Brown. “Go Boy”. I love to see peoples dreams come true!!!

meme

Posted at 3:51 PM on December 15, 2011

MARCUS WILL GO FAR GOD IS WITH HIM.ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE.Who gave ya’ll the right to judge?

sb

Posted at 11:43 AM on December 16, 2011

Well am glad that is over now the people that can perform has made it Marcus knew he was going home

Shauna anderson

Posted at 1:25 AM on December 15, 2011

Marcus got my vote! God has a plan!

meme

Posted at 3:46 PM on December 15, 2011

I AGREE WITH YOU. GOD HAS MARCUS COVER.

Pam

Posted at 10:29 AM on December 13, 2011

If it bothers you so much that Marcus is still there then stop watching.Macus is going to make it even if he get sent home. God has a plan for Marcus.

Pam

Posted at 10:25 AM on December 13, 2011

All you people that says Marcus can’t sing probably can’t sing. Stop your hating because if this is what God has for Marcus it is for Marcus and no man or woman can take it.

simon

Posted at 7:17 PM on December 12, 2011

simon is a coward he is afraid of marcus, and we know he likes coloured girls so he will do anything o distractmarcus
la will have marcus doing hisbest aand he will the winner
God is on his side, see he is the only one who took time off to give praise ndthanks to the lord. there is no stopping you now

Dave_Memphis

Posted at 11:36 AM on December 13, 2011

What in the world are you rambling about? Saying that Simon has a thing for coloured girls is down right ignorant in reference to Marcus and Rachel. Rachel is not “coloured” and Simon’s favorite was Drew, who definitely wasn’t “coloured”.

Dave

Posted at 12:00 PM on December 12, 2011

LA Reid promised Marcus Canty a 2012 Bentley if he wins. Not sure if Chris Rene is given the same offer, but definitely not Melanie or Josh. Nicole and Simon would have to cough up the money for them. That’s a $200,000 bonus incentive for Marcus.

marcus fan

Posted at 10:50 AM on December 12, 2011

That is a really coward thing to say Cowell. LA Reid has a bunch of talented men just as good as your girls. Rachel leaving is only going to help her career you should be happy Disney wants to work with her. And for him to produce the show and say someone isn’t going to win makes me think something sneaky is going to happen when it comes to the votes. I wil only vote harder for Marcus. I don’t know who is worse when it comes to tantrums Astro or Simon.

Marcus and Rachel fan

Posted at 12:44 PM on December 16, 2011

Dave_Memphis

Posted at 9:53 AM on December 12, 2011

Simon is still upset that both Rachel and Drew were sent packing their bags. At this point, anyone can win.

mssallymalin

Posted at 12:06 AM on December 12, 2011

I think that Marcus is the whole package..come on wake up America!! He’s a future star!!

Stacy B.

Posted at 9:44 PM on December 11, 2011

btw, I agree with those below you say he needs to perform Al Green, perfect choice. He needs to perform “Something”. He will leave the haters with their jaws open!

Stacy B.

Posted at 9:32 PM on December 11, 2011

Some of you people take this show too seriously for it to have that much affect on your life! Get a LIFE! As for as Marcus, I’ve been a fan since day one and imo he deserves every spot he has earned in this competition & more. Rachel Crow had been inconsistent for weeks with her performances, I’m surprise she lasted that long. Marcus is threat to Simon, period! Cowell is a HATER! This show is not about you Simon, it’s about who America likes, which has been proven in the votes! Simon is too old to make comments like that, it just shows his character to me. He will probably make it his business that Marcus doesn’t win, so be it! Is the show rigged? Maybe so. Marcus doesn’t need this show anymore. This is why I was on the fence about Nicole decision to send it to deadlock. Marcus will be successful regardless. This is nothing but motivation for him & his supporters to prove the doubters wrong! Wait & see…

sb

Posted at 12:04 PM on December 12, 2011

Rachel out sung Marcus in the sang off everybody saw that Marcus has been in the bottom twice but hey I wish the best to both of them But Rachael is the total package in she will go so far her dreams will come true

sb

Posted at 10:03 AM on December 13, 2011

Marcus can not sang he will not make it

ivan

Posted at 3:53 AM on May 9, 2012

Hi there, I respect what you say but I am sorry to tell you that you are totally wrong.Just deaf people,able to listen to Simon’s comments can say things like that. If you really want to see how Marcus doesn’t like to Simon, I invite you to watch online Marcus’ first audition when Marcus sang “I wish” by Stevie Wonder. Have a look at Simon’s expression,it cheated him, could not avoid it.

lacy gray

Posted at 9:30 PM on December 11, 2011

Follow me back on Twitter Marcus @lacygray92 I Love u Marcus :) & I’m happy u made it this far on XFactor..

lacy gray

Posted at 9:29 PM on December 11, 2011

I Love Marcus :) please follow me back on Twitter :) I always vote 200 times for Marcus after every show. Marcus has talent & he is gifted. So please follow me back on twitter :)

carol

Posted at 12:08 PM on December 11, 2011

Marcus does not come any where near Racheal’s talent. America must be deaf or stipid not to see Racheal’s talent. A little star in the making. Marcus is not even in key when singing………Am sure Disney will snap her up ina heart beat

aj

Posted at 1:32 PM on December 10, 2011

Another thing, there are no promises in this life, only what God allows!!

aj

Posted at 1:24 PM on December 10, 2011

I have news for the people that say Marcus in not in the League to win this. Nicole & Paula knew he was in the league last week and now this week he is not. How professional is that, if you stand for nothing you are likely to fall for anything.

aj

Posted at 1:19 PM on December 10, 2011

Simon owes Marcus an apology, Marcus is just as awesome as Rachel. Rachel did not get enough votes and that should be taken out on Marcus. Even Nicole & Paula need to apologize, they thought if it went to the viewers that Marcus would go home. There are four contestants left, Marcus is one of them as it should be. I believed in Marcus from the beginning and I believe in him now. Marcus do not let Simon or anybody else still your joy.

Madz

Posted at 10:56 AM on December 10, 2011

I bet all of these names you see commenting and defending marcus and asking for al green song is one person. Marcus is the most annoying guy ever and I really hate him, La and nicole now. Simon should find new judges for the next season or this show will be dead quickly.

C

Posted at 12:25 PM on December 10, 2011

He sounds like a cat in labor. You people dont hear the off pitch notes and whining?

aj

Posted at 1:26 PM on December 10, 2011

this show will go on for a longtime, most of of love the USA because we do have a chose to vote or note. Rachel had the least amount of votes.

opie bigay

Posted at 8:03 PM on December 10, 2011

with everything going on in the world a show can cause you to hate someone that never did anything to you. I think you should make an appointment to see a octor before you hurt someone.

meme

Posted at 9:36 PM on December 10, 2011

what God have for Marcus is for Marcus. and he comes from a praying family.so it’s nothing you can and no one else can stop him.

shllo1

Posted at 4:34 PM on December 15, 2011

you think because he comes from a praying family he can’t get eliminated?? maybe God has a plan for him, but i sincerly hope it takes place out of this competition

OPie bigay

Posted at 4:33 PM on December 12, 2011

Marcus never did anything to you for you to hate him. If you hate him over a singing contect i am so happy that you is not part of my life. People killing people. People without food or a shelter and this is all you can find to hate end of story

Pam

Posted at 11:02 AM on December 13, 2011

How can you hate someone you don’t know?

Laken

Posted at 4:37 PM on December 9, 2011

Its only a little obvious that simons just taking his anger out on marcus, considering the fact that he’s been chosen instead of his girls for two weeks in a row now. Simons just too stuborn to admit what he really sees in marcus, but im not and neither are his fans or any of the other judjes. he has been my favorite contestant since the first audition and I will continue to believe in him every step of the way no matter what happens:).

Britney

Posted at 5:01 PM on December 9, 2011

I agree I am a fan of Marcus and i think the audience and Simon were completely rude to Marcus :( he tried his best and he did a very good job,he’s the underdog in this competition, i’m glad he’s survived another week:) Go Marcus!!

carol green

Posted at 5:34 PM on December 9, 2011

Marcus sing Al Green and you will win

vivian bullock

Posted at 5:11 PM on December 9, 2011

I AGREE. SHAME ON YOU SIMON.

carol murray

Posted at 5:27 PM on December 9, 2011

Marcus Canty–should sing any thing by Al Green and he will
win…he has that type of voice…Marcus listen to me
do Al Green…and you were better than Crowe….

carol

Posted at 5:37 PM on December 9, 2011

Marcus please sing Al Green and you win…