Nicole Scherzinger, You SHOULD Be Fired If You Won't Make The Tough Decisions

Fri, December 9, 2011 4:10pm EDT by 158 Comments
Rachel Crow Voted Off
Loading video...

Nicole, it’s YOUR fault the super-talented Rachel Crow has been x-ed out of ‘The X Factor!’ If you had some balls & did your job, she’d still be a contender.

Nicole Scherzinger, I hope you just learned a gigantic lesson Dec. 8 on The X Factor. You blew it! You refused to step up to a tough decision — one you are required and paid to make. You refused to eliminate Marcus Canty, the contestant you truly believed was weakest, and instead you cried and allowed the show to go to deadlock. That meant the decision to eliminate either Rachel Crow or Marcus, was left up to how America voted on the previous night’s show.

You thought you could play a game. Simon Cowell revealed in an interview after the show, speaking to HollywoodLife.com and other media outlets, that you were convinced that America had voted for Rachel.

“I think she thought it was a decent way to let Marcus go,” Simon admitted. “She wanted to let him go with some dignity. She was attached to them both. But if [Nicole] thought Rachel was going to be in the bottom, she would have gone the other way.”

You see, Nicole, your job as an X Factor judge is to make tough calls and to ALWAYS vote for who YOU think has the x-factor and will go on to be a huge star. It’s not to break down, get all teary, and be worried about “Marcus’ dignity.” Even notoriously soft-hearted Paula Abdul stepped up to the plate, admitting this was a terribly hard call, but that she would give her vote to Rachel.

The truth is that you’re there as the professional. The X Factor isn’t just a popularity contest — it’s about finding the talent that will produce hit records. I think Marcus is terrific and should have a good career ahead of him, but Rachel is something far more special. She is a genuine star. And as a judge, you needed to vote for her stardom and not second guess how viewers voted one night.  You abdicated your job and responsibility.

The fact is that Rachel’s performance Dec. 7 was not her best. Simon should take responsibility for that. The song choice was weak. However, her “save me” performance of “I’d Rather Go Blind,” first sung by the legendary Etta James, was stunning.

Rachel has never sung more powerfully and emotionally than when she sang out her rendition of the Etta James classic. Her vocal range was awesome and fully mature, despite just having recently turned 14.

While Marcus also pulled out a tremendous performance, it didn’t have the magic or promise of Rachel’s.

So, Nicole, it was your cowardice that skewed the show — and you knew you blew it when host Steve Jones announced the results.

“I watched her face at the same time I saw Rachel,” Simon told us. “She was completely devastated. I would never fire her for that.”

Poor Rachel, who literally collapsed to her knees after Steve read the news, showed far more courage and dignity than Nicole.

“[Nicole] is the nicest, most beautiful person inside and out!” Rachel graciously told reporters after regaining her composure. “She was so sad. I mean, all those people who were making threats like, “Go die!” It’s nobody’s fault except America’s fault.  It’s just what God had in store for me, and I will be OK.”

She even had the graciousness to shower praise on Marcus!

“Marcus is an amazing person,” she said. “When I met him, I knew there was a spark about him.  I think he has the x-factor!”

So there, Nicole. A little girl who radiates talent — but just wanted to perform to improve her beloved family’s life — had more guts and maturity than you who are pampered and paid millions to do a job you shirked.

Fortunately, I believe that despite your cowardly  move, Rachel will still have a huge career. Simon is convinced she will be snapped up by Nickelodeon or Disney, and so do I. They’d be nuts NOT to build a show around her.

And while Simon won’t fire you now — unless you step up, grow a pair of balls and do your job as a judge, even when it’s tough — America will fire you!

Loading video...

– Bonnie Fuller

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

More ‘X Factor:’

Nicole Scherzinger: I Stand By My Decision Not To Support Rachel Crow

‘X Factor’ Results: Was Rachel Crow Or Marcus Canty Eliminated?

‘X Factor’ Finalist Rachel Crow Reveals Emotional Tribute To BFF Drew Ryniewicz

Nicolie

Posted at 10:59 PM on December 14, 2011

i can’t believe in that, nicole give chance for america save rachel! It’s not her falt!

Angel

Posted at 6:22 PM on December 13, 2011

First of all bonnie you should be writing proper articles NOT your opinion thats not even professional. Second of all anybody consider that people VOTED HER OFF! They didnt like her thats not Nicole. I didnt like her either shes obviously too immature and over acts every song i can sing better. People didnt like her Bonnie, and i think is article is trash and un professional.

ejam

Posted at 2:14 PM on December 14, 2011

That is the problem. YOU DONT like her. But others and DISNEY.

ctc61

Posted at 10:04 AM on December 13, 2011

Bravo!!! Bonnie, that article sums up my feelings too. Well done! Nicole & Paula let emotions wreck havoc and it needs to stop. All the judges need to drop the mentor bonds and simply vote for the best performances. Will see this through to the end as I’m a Josh fan, but unless things change a whole lot (like the whole ‘save me song’ sham) I won’t be back next season.

Paula

Posted at 3:33 AM on December 13, 2011

In what universe is Rachel Snow talented to be in the final four? She overacts every song she attempts, the voice is just not that great. X Factor got it right by voting her off and keeping Marcus. Nuff said. She already supposedly has a Disney deal, good grief how.

Kelly

Posted at 2:41 PM on December 14, 2011

There is something very wrong with you…she is a 13 year old girl with huge talent. I think that you must be jealous. America did not vote, Nicole did. Sing for Survival, this is what the judges are paid to do.

trice

Posted at 11:45 AM on December 17, 2011

it was your fault she got kicked off u said go with a dead lock and u call yourself a judge u acted like know one counld not hear u and u were acting all

nama talalima

Posted at 1:27 PM on December 12, 2011

the choice that nicole made might have been hard, and she might have felt bad but what is done is done. why keep holdin on to the past when you have the chance to redeem yourself with the future….believe in what you do or dont do it at all.

st elgyn

Posted at 9:21 AM on December 12, 2011

Nicole, you shouldn’t voted such super talented Rachel out of this competiton, she deserved a second chance if you made your professional decision and not the Deadlock.. you had destroyed this little talented Rachel’s dreams and you should responsible the consequence;(

Zhenguu2

Posted at 8:04 PM on December 11, 2011

Nicole is trying hard – ugly Bi%$&T. She is not a good judge, she is just trying to ride on but she speak and vote baseless. when she starts to speak, I would rather change the channel because my senses are shutting down. She is so annoying!!…

aruba19

Posted at 4:20 PM on December 11, 2011

Don’t suppose anybody might be thinking there may be other forces in play here? Could be Marcus is being used to kick many more talented people from the show. Does anybody really believe he could actually dispatch Leroy, Drew and Rachel on his own? Perhaps it was merely Nicole’s turn to go to deadlock just like it was Simon’s a couple of weeks back with Leroy. Maybe it’ll be Paula’s turn next week. OR…. perhaps Nicole saw a chance to remove another stumbling block to Josh’s run for the prize. He can surely beat Marcus and Chris, but Rachel? Maybe not. Watch your back, Melanie! :-)

MountainLesli

Posted at 4:10 PM on December 11, 2011

I agree with everything you said Bonnie. I am so sick of Nicole and her immaturity, as well as Paula’s. Just like elementary school, I think that Paula & Nicole should be separated, and seat them boy girl, boy girl (lol). While I think that Marcus is great, Rachel clearly won the “appeal” song, and should have have been “saved”. However, I was appalled by her reaction to being voted off. It demonstrated the fact that she is too young to handle Hollywood or being professional recording artist. That isn’t a slam either. I believe in her ability, and know that she will certainly be signed, but I hope that her parents will make her wait until she can handle the “dog eat dog” world.

trice

Posted at 11:51 AM on December 17, 2011

u sound so stupid right now beacause marcus cantiy has cheatted three times he tells everybody to vote for him so when they say a deadlock he is happy then every

Hate hate

Posted at 12:42 PM on December 11, 2011

Bonnie, those are some hateful words. I think its sad that you had to write an article on how much you dislike nicole. Get a life, its just a show…not the end of the world. First people were upset with paula and nicole not taking it to deadlock for drew…and now people are upset that nicole did?? Stop being so angry and pathetic

guest05

Posted at 11:36 AM on December 11, 2011

Bonnie, you seem too full of hate and not enough heart. I agree that Nicole should’ve gone with her instinct and should’ve sent home Marcus as I watched it and think that she truly believed that Rachel had more votes. However if you have been put into a situation where two people you know are in the bottom two and you think that Rcahel had more votes. Then you would go to deadlock and send Marcus home with dignity. All Nicole did wrong here was be too kind hearted in a way as she didn’t want to break either of their dreams, but she thought she did it the right way but it backfired.

Lucy

Posted at 11:33 AM on December 11, 2011

I have to admit I actually cried when Rachel was sent home, I thought she was an amazing artist for her age and I really feel that Marcus is another Bobbie Brown wannabe and does not have the talent to become a recording artist. I have lost part of my interest in watching the show and I think we all know that Melanie is going to win. If she doesn’t win, there is a major problem. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

trice

Posted at 11:56 AM on December 17, 2011

it is not the end of the world

nicholas

Posted at 9:20 AM on December 11, 2011

interesting that you say nicole should “grow a pair of balls” and do her job. i didn’t realize it required “balls” to be a good judge or be tough. how strange for a woman to suggest that an anatomically correct Woman can’t be strong- you are perpetuating mysogynistic stereotyping and doing a huge disservice to all woman.

Ron

Posted at 11:23 PM on December 10, 2011

P.S. My prediction for the winner is Melanie Amaro. Thank you.

Ron

Posted at 11:21 PM on December 10, 2011

This show becomes more of a competition amongst the judges in the waning days. When the contestants are split between and mentored by the different judges it opens the door for prejudice. The judges should be taken out of the equation once the final contestants are determined. I love watching these competitions but if this is going to be indicative of the way the X-factor is produced, I will watch something else.

Vuittoni Reeves

Posted at 11:17 PM on December 10, 2011

Is no one gonna mention the fact that Nicole OBVIOUSLY wants to sleep with Marcus? And why is paula allowed to judge again after her romantic debacle?

aruba19

Posted at 4:33 PM on December 11, 2011

Vuittoni Reeves – “Is no one gonna mention the fact that Nicole OBVIOUSLY wants to sleep with Marcus?”

Wow! If you can tell that “fact” by merely watching this couple on TV, your bedroom must be a regular circus! :-)

Pat

Posted at 10:35 PM on December 10, 2011

I have to admit I was affected by what happen. I jumped on the whole concept of how the show worked and liked the judges as mentors. I am disappointed by what did happen. If you are going to use America’s vote then they need to cut out the sign offs completely. If it was going to be fair poor Marcus should have been sent home due to the sign off. I will not be watching anymore. I am disappointed in all the judges. The two who voted for Marcus knowing his performace was not the best and the other two who are trying to sweep this flaw under the rug. Either fix this problem or restructure how the show works.

j. l.

Posted at 9:03 PM on December 10, 2011

Good grief….Marcus is so much better. I think Rachel should have been voted off long before this. Ridiclous reaction and drama!!!

aruba19

Posted at 4:40 PM on December 11, 2011

This is why it’s a contest. Everybody has their favorite. :-) But I’ll not believe Leroy and Rachel had the lowest public votes until there is an independent website showing such votes while they are being tabulated. Sorry, I just cannot see the public preferring Marcus over either of those two. However, anything is possible and I’ve been wrong before, MANY times…..

sheia

Posted at 1:19 PM on December 10, 2011

I think she should have been fair. Although they are both talented, this was a sing-off. It was obvious who won, but she did not do her job because she has a problem making decisions, probably through out her life, some do. As for the show, she is not doing what she was hired to do, judge. Is she going to do this each time it is her place to make the final decision, concerning a sing-off. This hurt the show in my opinion, also 5 million dollars to the winner, this should have also been taken into account when she did not choose the contestant who by far was the winner, she needs to step down if she cannot be fair and is afraid of hurting someone’s feelings. It is an important position she is in, and she is failing.

Magdalana

Posted at 11:57 AM on December 10, 2011

Well Ya, her job is a JUDGE!!! She is being paid to be a JUDGE!!! So Nicole, do your job and JUDGE and pick!! If Nicole gets fired then paula should too cuz she did the same thing a few weeks ago.. The point of having judges is to pick the appropriate person!! If she would have picked, Nicole would have had to pick Rachel!! She blew everyone away and it was obvious! the Dude sounded terrible and was sooo out of key!!! Shame on you Nicole and do your job next time!!

rick

Posted at 9:03 AM on December 10, 2011

people hate you. can you judge your self just leave you you i cant say it iam a reg. person simon is protecting you and you know the reason do all of us a favor leave i pray you read all web sites BUT YOU STAD BY YOUR VOTE YOU SUCK>

mini98

Posted at 7:44 AM on December 10, 2011

i love nicole scherzinger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

info@StupidPills.com

Posted at 2:47 AM on December 10, 2011

If they wanted Grow A Pair Pills they could get them at StupidPills.com.

Maryon

Posted at 12:52 AM on December 10, 2011

My thoughts exactly. Nichole comes off as a spoiled little girl with absolutely no grip on reality. Although she is beautiful on the outside it does not seem to go any deeper than that. As stated, this was her job. If she cannot do her job, step aside and put someone in who can do it with integrity. As for Rachel’s family, I think they know they have raised a super star.

dexter

Posted at 12:35 AM on December 10, 2011

this is supposed to be an x factor on “singing”…. not a popularity contest by votes is it? obviously not every american has capability to see the ‘x’ factor. voters and judges have failed big time!

valerie

Posted at 10:59 AM on December 10, 2011

Nicole ruined the show….It is suppose to be based on talent and she could not make the tough decision…I will not be watching the ending

DEBBIE

Posted at 7:50 PM on December 10, 2011

I WILL NOT BE WATCHING THE EITHER, LOST MY TRUST IN IT.

harry

Posted at 1:04 PM on December 11, 2011

I stop watching last week when Nicole and Paula gave Marcus a standing o even before he sang his survival song. The Judges just keep going after each other, the show is not about the performers it is about the judges. Now I need to stop reading these blogs.

TheRealOne

Posted at 7:35 PM on December 12, 2011

Yeah right, yeah you will…