Simon Cowell: I Won't Fire 'X Factor' Judge Nicole Scherzinger

Fri, December 9, 2011 10:21am EDT by 41 Comments
Fire Nicole Scherzinger

Jerry

Posted at 3:42 PM on December 15, 2011

Let the people vote. Should Nicole stay of should he go?

I think she weak (wow, not saying for much Paula), unentertaining, a small minded twit, who can’t think to do the right thing when its so obvious that its staring her in the face. She sucks! She is not a good roll model. I don’t know if she can sing or not. Don’t have and don’t plan on buying any of her CD’s

Shana

Posted at 2:52 AM on December 15, 2011

Nicole, do not worry about it. Do not quit. You are not hated. It was not YOU who voted off Rachel Crowe. She got the lowest amount of votes. Period!!

Jerry

Posted at 3:52 PM on December 15, 2011

votes weren’t there? Anything can happen if the people don’t vote. We’ve seen this happen in the past on other shows. In this case Nicole could have make it right if she’d have any kind of back bone.

Lia

Posted at 9:39 PM on December 12, 2011

Of course he’s not going to fire her. She got rid of Melanie’s biggest competition for them. She got rid of Rachel Crow. The one who has the X Factor and was going to win. So, he had to get rid of her. He and Paula agreed that Nicole was right to deadlock the vote, and he admits that. What kind of mentor says that? He should have been furious at her for getting rid of one of his “girls”, but he isn’t. Ask yourself why? He’s very happy Melanie will be in the final two with Josh, because he said from the beginning that Paula, Nicole and L.A. thought he was stupid for dumping Melanie. According to him, they ask if he was “stupid” because he dumped the one with the best voice. This is about ratings and money for him, he cares nothing that the four of them broke a teenage girl’s heart. Look how cold he was when he walked up on the stage. He didn’t even let Rachel cry on his shoulder. Instead he had the attitude “Okay you, it’s done now, so wipe your tears and say your goodbyes.”

XfactorNeedsFreshFace(s)

Posted at 5:52 AM on December 12, 2011

Nicole voted for Marcus based on the love for him not on what he did. Case in pointed in post interview(s) she said (and I’m paraphrasing) that she killed it(her words) but couldn’t bear to sent Marcus home and that she’s a friend/buddy first judge second. I’m sorry girlfriend, though I love your music, that’s not what your hired to do and for Simon saying Nicole is staying right where she is? I’d say for this season ok, but bring back Cheryl Cole for next season. I think she’d have more of a backbone plus have a slice of heart as well seeing the first episode of the Xfactor. Ms. Schezinger said, I don’t want to have to send Racheal home…then don’t Nicole, pretty simple. The words that come out of your mouth and what you did are total opposites.

Marcus could’ve been back stage and still be voted through and what’s the point of the sing off if you’re going sing the best but still get voted off. Leroy won that hands down and get booted…Drew gets booted of because of Paula sticking it to Simon and now Nicole because she couldn’t dare sent her baby(Marcus) home. It’s become a joke really. Does he have talent yes but the cracks and screeches and the pounding of his chest is getting tiresome and he over sings, but has had a good performance here and there.

How many acts got through to the judges houses and to the live shows that shouldn’t have even been there…Simone Battle and Tiah Toilver instead of Jasylin Little and Catylin Kock…really Simon? Paula puts through the Brewer Boys, Lakota Rain and Intensty over 4Shore and the Anser? Though Lakota rain grew on the week they were eliminated and while Intensty has some decent voices, they’re more of a “Disney” group, but there were stronger groups. LA put through Astro (even Chris Rene, though Chris I think is a better all around singer and rapper) instead of Tim Cifers the country crooner? Really? He killed the song at the judges houses which I saw on Youtube and there was Brendan Hunt. And then Nicole puts through Dexter Haygood over Tiger Budbill. I think there were at least 1 or 2 more in that group that could’ve been through but that’s the first name that came to my head that really did very good performance and being in his 40’s should’ve been giving a chance in front of a live audience and hopefully tries again on the Xfactor and/or America’s Got Talent.

So while about at least 6-8, maybe even 9 acts didn’t even deserve to be there(Top 17) and acts being put through for easy voting(when 17 became 12) which is a disservice to them and to give them crap songs on top on that? It speak volumes of how set up this show is and Simon Cowell if you want the show to survive put through people that actually have good voices at least and maybe even a little personality but that could be worked on even a bit rough around the edges(that’s what the pro’s/mentors are there for right).

I think the ages should be raised up to 16. I think this is too much pressure for 13-14 years old with school and just entering teenage hood and what comes with this kind of competion, let alone it’s pressure enough for anyone at any age and if you’re younger and think you’re good…keep on singing and apply when you’re at that age at the time of the audition.

I think this show has merit but keep it real and let things happen as it’s supposed too. Surprises can happen which would be part of the competition but don’t set it us all up to have the rug pulled out from under the viewers so we go WTF just happen like Thursday night. I’d hate to wonder what goes on during commercial breaks(I hope there are no secret deals).

And on the death threats nobody deserves that…the name calling and threatening to not watch the show again OK that she should be able to handle or at least accept as criticism and deal w/it, but to say Paula and Nicole is going to die I mean really? That’s just crazy and stupid. I have heard she used that as well as a reason to put it to America so her hands are clean, that’s just another reason to “shame” her because again you’re not judging based on talent but based on your perceived danger which again is not judging.

Wow this response was longer than I expected it to be but had to put in my 2 cents about the whole Marcus and Rachael thing. Girlfriend, you’ll be fine. Keep on singing and Simon said something about you did stand up at one time. Wow…I’d do the comedy thing as a hobby, but singing is your 1st love and stay in School.

Like LA has said first 2 time champion now 3 time champ for getting out of the bottom 2 again. What’s the point of the sing-off again? America always vote for your favorite regardless. I’m Canadian so I don’t think I can vote or do they accept international votes from Twitter and on the website?

Here’s to think how much American Idol is a total setup and contrived…ie. make contestants sing twice for their video package montage for the bad auditions and have them change into silly costumes which were different to the 1st when I used to watch and turn away good and even great singers, but Xfactor takes the cake on reality shows. I thought Reality was supposed to be just that a “reality” but it’s scripted. Thank you to whoever reads this and agrees w/me or not.

P.S. Steve Jones as host is mediocre at best. He comes across cold, abrupt and rude. Perhaps not his intention but annoying and the way he goes back to same contestant for “final” words…ie. Drew. You already went to Drew once why a 2nd time and then she made the Jesus comment. Which was strange and made no sense. You didn’t need to make a fool out of her but she only 14-15 and was emotional. While not the easiest job not the hardest either. The positive is he’s “eye-candy”. So to give Mr. Jones the gig in the 2nd season….could be an worth another shot and he could improve but some a bit of firmness and gentle pushes I think would be better. Nicole was supposed to be I think the host or co-host but after this I’d say no-way-jose.

raftrap

Posted at 4:47 PM on December 12, 2011

I really expected to get over the Cheryl Cole thing, but to this day I still can’t get over it, we were robbed of reality gold, and many still aren’t aware of it. She isn’t a part of the show today because it was perceived that she wasn’t going to connect to american audiences given the fact that she was an unknown, well, she was replaced with a relative unknown who without a doubt hasn’t connected with the audience, I don’t wish anything bad for Nicole, I truly think at the end of the day she has good intentions and wants to make it big as a performer, but she is not good reality tv, this is actually hurting her carreer (just as she unintentionally hurt both Rachel, because in the pecking order of talent it wasn’t her time to go, and Marcus, for prolonging his inevitable outster). For the doubters, one smile of Cheryl Cole and you will be charmed by her, a great performer, good mentor, and without a doubt made for reality tv, Simon loves comebacks, and there isn’t a comeback I would love more than to see her return to the chair that was originally hers (CAUSE AMERICA I AM WARNING YOU, its either Nicole, who would sadly make me tune out, or Cheryl, who for me would be great tv, the other options would be disastrous, if Simon Cowell gets his wish, WE ARE TALKING KELLY ROWLAND, RIHANNA OR MARIAH CAREY, so if I were you I would start getting on the Cheryl Cole bandwagon right about now).

Rachel will be fine, she is talented, I don’t think other 13 year olds are as self-aware as she is, that little girl will make millions to help her family, I’m not a fan of stage-moms and that whole thing, but if there are other Rachel Crows out there, they shouldn’t be excluded from the proceedings just cause it makes awkward TV when they don’t win.

shikani

Posted at 6:26 AM on December 14, 2011

sure Simon should not fire Nicole then it will look like he cannot take the defeat, however if im Ms Nicole i would step down on my own with dignity rather than being boo…by the majority. If you dont have Guts and not emotionally strong and sound then you are not fit to seat in the judges chair. SIMPLE BYE Nicole hope not to c u again

Diva

Posted at 1:01 PM on December 11, 2011

i am not mad at nicole becouse i understand how much the decision would have been.I like it better when the country votes.If people really loved RACHEL they should have voted and not depend on the judges becouse you have seen how MARCUS gets saved week after week,he has power performance which he gives every time.

Mary

Posted at 2:29 PM on December 11, 2011

Marcus was in the bottom two for three weeks, so obviously the country doesn’t like him. It is Nicole who keeps saving him. The country keeps putting him in bottom to go home. Nicole keeps “choosing” to keep him around. You don’t know if the weeks before this if he had the least amount of votes. I think being in the bottom two three weeks in a row says everything that the country is trying to say. Rachel who was in the bottom two for the FIRST time and BLEW Marcus away in the save me song went home. America is going to keep putting Marcus in the bottom two and Nicole is going to keep saving him. Shame on her.

wabus44

Posted at 12:41 AM on December 13, 2011

What about the troll vote and sites like vote for the worst? The sing off is supposed to counteract that.

Really!?

Posted at 12:59 AM on December 14, 2011

I think the biggest misconception on this show is what the deadlock is for and when to use it. The deadlock is only supposed to be used as a last resort when the final judge cannot decide which act did a better job on their save me song. Then and only then do you send the vote to deadlock. Sorry Nicole but you are not supposed to use the deadlock because you love Marcus, or you want him to leave with dignity or you’re sure he had the lowest number of votes so you can vote Rachel off and go to deadlock but she won’t leave so you can be absolved of all responsibility. You get paid the big bucks to do the whole job not just the easy parts. This show is not supposed to be based on America’s vote. Anyone who is reading this and wants America to vote on who stays and who goes you are watching the wrong show…the show you want is American Idol. And can i just say i don’t want Nicole to be fired solely because she did not do her job. Nicole should be fired because she behaved so unprofessionally. Okay you’re upset you cry a little then you pull it together and if you need to cry more you do it behind a closed dressing room door. Paula should not have to console you and worse than that a 14 year old girl is consoling you when she’s the one who just lost. You actually stood on stage sobbing and unable to speak…really?! I could never do this job, but Nicole you have shown neither can you. It’s okay it’s an extremely difficult job. So i am asking please acknowledge your limitations, and move on to something else. You have to own it girl!

Lisa

Posted at 10:48 PM on December 10, 2011

Is it just me or does it seem like the judging is now based more on catty, high school like behavior? I think it’s obvious that Simon and Nicole aren’t fans of each other, but that should stay between them and the contestants shouldn’t have to be the ones who ultimately pay the consequences. Are we not adults here? Give the contestants a fair judgement as you are paid to do Nicole, and stop letting your personal feelings affect your judgements. She’s a HORRIBLE judge and she should have voted for Marcus instead of letting it go to America’s vote. On top of that, when they announced Rachel she began balling like a little baby. My opinion: the crying was an act so America wouldn’t blame her for Rachel… but we do anyways!!!

jchan

Posted at 8:30 PM on December 10, 2011

I totally want Paula and Nicold off the show. I dont think either of them have done their contestants any favors, and have sucked at their job. It was obvious that little Rachel sang her little heart out and was 10times better than Marcus. The public has obviously spoke several times that he belonged in the bottom, he’s been down there 3times, & it was Rachels first time. I no longer believe in either one of them as judges, it should be based on talent not favortisms. I was sooooo mad! & i felt that rachel was totally ripped off. But I also believe we have not heard the last of her, shes got a personality, the voice, and is so cute, i could totally see disney signing her to her own show. GO RACHEL!!

ann stone

Posted at 4:03 PM on December 10, 2011

Nicole continues to be so weak. her job as a judge was to judge the SAVE SONG and America did not get to do that it was her job . She does nothing as a judge and I cannot believe that Simon does not see this

Lee

Posted at 3:19 PM on December 10, 2011

Whether Nicole was right or wrong, Simon should still fire her because X-factor fans are so worked up that many, many, many of them will not watch if she comes back as a judge. I sure won’t.

Berger J

Posted at 3:11 PM on December 10, 2011

I just wish Rachell Crow the best she is so talented she didnt deserve to be in between Nicole and Simon conflict.
Nicole simply dos not know how to be a judge

Barbra Streisand

Posted at 10:03 AM on December 10, 2011

There is no need to have a final sing-off if it means nothing. Don’t waste my time.

Mary

Posted at 8:35 PM on December 9, 2011

The best part of it all is that they keep getting rid of the most talented people. They are going to give a 5 million dollar contract to someone who doesn’t deserve it! Bet you if Melanie winds up in the bottom 2 she will go home too. What a joke this show is. You just have to laugh. Once again someone will win you will never hear of again, but this fool will get 5 million dollars. Will not turn this show on again until Nicole is gone and they change the way the judges vote.

megan

Posted at 5:31 PM on December 9, 2011

It wouldn’t be nicoles fault had it not been an obvious choice. Had she truly sent home Rachel because she felt that was right and Marcus was better, then yes it would be America’s fault. However, she just wanted to be nice or whatever. The whole point of the save me is so the judges can keep the best performers in and save the show from stuff like this. Nicole is a failure!

John smithson

Posted at 5:09 PM on December 9, 2011

Nicole is an untalented whore who is a coward

Pat

Posted at 4:42 PM on December 9, 2011

Votes mean nothing on these shows. When it comes down to it – The producers control what goes on for the most part. Nicole has an obligation on her part to judge. X factor needed to be better, but sadly has fallen into the Idol factor. We need people who can judge and not allow such talent get eliminated. If we have a Survival song, then it is what they use to base their decision on. And after Rachel’s rendition, it seemed obvious that she was the better one when compared to the overly generic RnB voice that is Marcus Canty. Yes they will mostly have some sort of career ahead of them but they are there to compete and frankly too many decisions made that has cut short the opportunity to compete for many more talented people in the past.

Joey

Posted at 4:10 PM on December 9, 2011

I agree. It’s not entirely Nicole’s fault (although she should have voted for the far better performance and track record – Rachel). THE FORMAT IS SO SCREWED UP AND THAT’S SIMON’S FAULT. They are competing against each other. For instance; why would a judge say “It pains me to say it but you were good.” Why should it pain a judge? Why would one of the judges get “into their head” to make them feel bad? That’s not what a judge should be doing. But this is how it’s set up because each wants their peeps to win. I think I’m done with this show as well!!!

Here for fun

Posted at 10:06 AM on December 10, 2011

Excellent Post.
You are exactly right.

Mary

Posted at 3:50 PM on December 9, 2011

I agree the show has lost all credibility. Rachel blew Marcus away last night. Her first time in the bottom two, Marcus has been in the bottom two many times. But she got voted off? Who knows if it went into a dead lock the two weeks before if Marcus had the least amount of votes. America obviously doesn’t like him. I guess it is easier for Nicole to keep Marcus around so Josh can win against him. It is a contest between the judges and not a contest to find the best singer. It is a stupid format. Nicole is going to just keep putting Marcus through. She should not be a judge Shame on her and shame on Simon for not getting rid of her. Done with x factor. Will no longer watch. Maybe if he loses his audience Simon will do something about it.

Tim

Posted at 2:40 PM on December 10, 2011

I agree, one hundred percent, LA reed is biased for marcus, hip hop, and thats fine, but this has turned into which judge out does the other, and rachel has been consistent in her performances, marcus a lot weaker. This is a joke. Goodbye X Factor, may they drop this crap show forever and may simon cowell never ever do this to people again.

JohnC

Posted at 3:07 PM on December 9, 2011

You could tell something was up before the final decision. Nicole did not acknowledge Rachel’s performance at all when she sang the best she ever had. As Paula danced, Nicole just sat there, in my opinion KNOWING what she was going to do and what the consequences were. Everyone watching and everyone there knew Rachel KILLED it. It was already decided people. It works for Nicole, getting Rachel out of the way so Josh has a better chance. And even though Josh is my favorite Rachel shouldn’t have been robbed. Nicole’s fake tears didn’t fool me one bit. Bye bye Nicole bye bye. Xfactor will not return if you’re on the ticket.

sandy murphy

Posted at 3:02 PM on December 9, 2011

SIMON – PLEASE………NICOLE HAS GOT TO GO. SHE IS RUDE, DOES MORE HARM THAN GOOD FOR HER “TEAM”. I FEEL SO SORRY FOR JOSH BEING WITH HER.

SHE WAS A COWARD LAST NIGHT FOR NOT VOTING.

HER RUDE COMMENTS AT THE JUDGES TABLE ARE AN INCREDIBLE DEPICTION OF HER IMMATURITY. SHE IS NOT WHAT SHE THINKS SHE IS.

IF SHE RETURNS NEXT SEASON, I’M OUT.

NICOLE WILL NEVER MEASURE UP TO YOU, PAULA AND LA.

CUT HER LOOSE.

Diamond

Posted at 2:35 PM on December 9, 2011

Simon your a good guy apparently but Nicole has got to GO! You need someone with a spine! Rachel KILLED it last night and didn’t deserve to go home. That was just CRAZY! Simon should bring her back! As for Nicole, I took her off my play list and I will NOT be buying her new album HELL NO!

Alice

Posted at 1:41 PM on December 9, 2011

People need to get a life. It’s just a show!!

DebCHR

Posted at 2:21 PM on December 9, 2011

Of course it’s just a show, but it’s a show that has a viable reward, and the child “brought it” to the viewers and WON the right to stay in the competition. Nicole is now the most hated woman in America – and most deservedly so! This may be nothing to you, but it IS the “life” of the competitors, I would imagine.

andria

Posted at 1:11 PM on December 9, 2011

NICOLE S. You NEED to QUIT the show since Simon won’t fire you. We all Hate you.

Jo Ann Dunn

Posted at 10:58 AM on December 10, 2011

It’s better with just Paula Simon and L.A. Can’t stand Nicole 3 judges only

raftrap

Posted at 12:28 PM on December 9, 2011

“We never fire people, they just leave us.” Was that a stab at Cheryl Cole?

millenniumopera

Posted at 12:02 PM on December 9, 2011

NICOLE SHOULD BE RELEASED FROM THE REST OF HER CONTRACT AS SHE IS NOW IN BREACH OF CONTRACT HAVING STATED SHE IS NOT ABLE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN CONTESTANTS, A PRIMARY DUTY OF HER CONTRACT. IF SIMON SAYS HE WILL NOT FIRE HER, THEN THE CONTRACTS HAVE NO FORCE OF LAW.

dennis

Posted at 2:29 PM on December 9, 2011

well said !!!

Thomas Coffman

Posted at 11:17 AM on December 9, 2011

The show has lost all credibility. It’s more of a contest between the Judges. This format is flawed. I’ll no longer watch this show. Bring on The gold standard American Idol

Lela

Posted at 2:12 PM on December 9, 2011

AGREE!!!!!! No more x-factor—–what a phony person Nicole is!! She has no business being there.So surprised at Simon!! Im with you bring on AI !!

juell

Posted at 2:15 PM on December 10, 2011

Simon would fire her if everyone stopped watching the show. Show is a huge disappointment to me. Nicole needs to go and LA is no better.