Taylor Armstrong: I Didn't Feel Safe To Release Book Until Russell's Death

Fri, December 9, 2011 7:06pm EDT by 17 Comments
Taylor Armstrong Abuse Russell

Taylor Armstrong was afraid of the abuse she might withstand if she were to publish her book when her estranged husband was alive. Isn’t that sad?

Taylor Armstrong‘s abusive past, particularly from her late estranged husband, Russell Armstrong, has been quite the story line this season on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. However, had Russell not committed suicide in August, Taylor wouldn’t have felt comfortable opening up about her plight — particularly in regards to her tell all book.

“I wish I could have been able to tell my story before now… But, until my husband Russell’s suicide, I didn’t feel safe to bring my story into the light, to help all battered and abused women, and men, and aid them in their struggle,” Taylor said to ABC News in a statement Dec. 8.

She explained, “I discussed my book Monday night for the first time on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live. The overwhelming response from viewers and their outpourings of support has been gratifying.”

Unfortunately, Taylor’s co-stars were reportedly “horrified” by news of her 272-page memoir Hiding From Reality: My Story of Love, Loss, and Finding the Courage Within. However, that hasn’t phased Taylor.

“From the bottom of my heart, I believe if my book can help others find the courage to deal with the pain and fear of their abusive relationships, I will have made a real difference in their lives,” she said.

Do you support Taylor’s book?

More RHOBH News:

1. ‘The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills’ Recap: Brandi Glanville Calls Eddie Cibrian The #1 Douchebag & Adrienne Maloof Braves Angry Kings Fans!
  2. Demi: I Don’t Have A Boyfriend!
  3. Demi’s Revenge On Joe Jonas!

Bree

Posted at 3:14 PM on January 3, 2012

From what I’ve seen on Bravotv, Taylor seems very manipulative. I don’t think the book was a good idea. She can warp a story eloquently. In last night’s episode she told the therapist what she wanted him to hear, which was another variation on the truth. Maybe Taylor instigated the abuse so she could divorce Russell and receive a handsome alimony. Anything is possible with this woman. There are so many ways of working the Taylor-Story.

If the book is about Russell then she shouldn’t publish it. Not this soon after his death. He’s not a live to defend himself. It doesn’t feel right to me.

jjtoday

Posted at 12:43 AM on December 21, 2011

She is exhibiting very odd behavior. I truly wonder if through her work with abused women she saw an abuse story as a way to get attention? I just don’t believe Russell abused her. I think she is very self centered and sees a “woe is me” abuse story as a way to garner sympathy. Sorry…I just don’t buy it.

sam

Posted at 11:05 PM on December 20, 2011

Taylor is selfish. Do Russel’s kids ever cross her mind?

Luis

Posted at 12:45 AM on December 16, 2011

GTBW- your right it is extremely weird. I think they were both to blame in different ways for this mess.
Michelle- the man has a restraining order against him from two exes.

Coco Chanel

Posted at 3:43 PM on December 13, 2011

I’m no fan of Russel but she should stop FLAPPING THOSE LIPS and stop lying!!!! She is a coward for starting this drama now that her husband is dead.

You know what they say ” Only cowards insult dying majesty” ……

Jami

Posted at 11:40 PM on December 10, 2011

Gold Digger

Jami

Posted at 11:38 PM on December 10, 2011

Desperate…

Michelle

Posted at 4:38 PM on December 10, 2011

Don’t be STUPID Luis! Wake up and smell the lies!!!

taylor takes it up her okie a-s.s

Posted at 10:10 PM on December 10, 2011

Dont u mean botox?

Luis

Posted at 2:56 PM on December 10, 2011

Well I guess the saying is true.. Lets face it. The man was extremely calculating and abusive.. and thats the legacy that he left behind for his family and friends endure.. He chose to leave this world with unfinished business. His reputation began with his OWN actions. Its not her fault. We choose our own actions whether its being a loving husband, abusive or even choosing to commit suicide. An abusive relationship is not meant to be understood because its dysfunctional. They never make sense. I get that she came off on the show as spoiled with screwed up priorities.. I see why its easy to blame her. But all in all this is not her fault.. However, I do think releasing the book so soon was a bad choice.. Maybe shes been struggling for so long that it didnt seem inappropriate or maybe the publishing company put a tight dead line while everythings fresh.. whatever it was their obviously getting the uproar of attention they wanted for the book..

gbtw

Posted at 11:09 PM on December 10, 2011

i agree with most of what you say— but, she admits some of this was “her fault.” also, i think she deserves a little more accountability about the release date. she supposedly has “found her voice” so- she has to take responsibility for how creepy it is that she’s cashing in on this while his body is still warm. out of respect for his survivors, she should have delayed this for a bit, even if it meant telling her publisher to eff off.

Jaypawnski

Posted at 1:54 PM on December 10, 2011

Taylor is a gold digger.
Russell is dead; Taylor has no clues about making a living not talking of supporting her Beverly hills lifestyle.
She writes the book to earn money and tells tones of lies since the only witness is sadly dead.
Taylor will be outed someday and I hope Bravo will be willing to confirm the truth.
Sadly there are many Taylor’s out there who throw the word ‘abused’ around even when they and not the spouse have a problem.

Tell it

Posted at 1:31 PM on December 10, 2011

Taylor is not telling the truth. Taylor’s a golddigger who broke her husbands pockets and pushed him to his death. When her and Russel were in therapy she stated there is nothing that bad in our relationship that we can’t fix or we would not be sitting here. Instead of a book and running those big fat fake lips on tv, she should be spending time with her daughter who looks very unhappy everytime you see her… What you do in the dark will come to light! Your daughter has seen and has heard to much and soon will be old enough to tell the truth……

Michelle

Posted at 2:54 AM on December 10, 2011

“Taylor” GO BACK TO OKLAHOMA and get your life in order! Please go away, and please WORLD: Don’t buy her book! Wakadoodle!

gbtw

Posted at 12:09 AM on December 10, 2011

i have to agree with anna— the timing of this just really reflects upon her character. i don’t disbelieve that he may have beat her- i mean, he had a history of it, and there is some other evidence that he did stuff, BUT. it has only been some months since this guy’s death— not even 1/2 a year. i would believe the bit about just wanting to help others if it weren’t for the quick release date. the only reason for that is to get it on the shelves before she’s kicked off of bravo, or before people stop caring about her story. she knows that time is of the essence b/c her 15 minutes could be over, and bravo could drop her after any season… so, ultimately, she’s more concerned about fame and money than helping others— that is just a collateral benefit, possibly. i don’t know. she is pathetic, for sure, but she is also very conniving and f’ed up. she’s constantly distorting reality, and i believe she even fools herself in this stuff. i don’t think this woman has any concept of what is REAL.

gbtw

Posted at 12:12 AM on December 10, 2011

and, not only is this disrespectful to the dead man who clearly was tortured by his own imperfections- but it’s disrespectful to his survivors. i can understand wanting to tell a story to help others, but i don’t understand having such little respect for his survivors. this guy had a mom (and others). let her grieve in peace without having to read or hear about this story with motivations of money-grubbing. i can see why her and kyle are such good friends. both have very self-serving characters.

Anna

Posted at 11:57 PM on December 9, 2011

Wow Taylor is on another level
Has she thought about how that statement will affect her daughter now and in the future,.. “sorry hunny daddy used to beat me(allegedly), I couldn’t speak about it but now his dead and cant defend himself, i can make money from it” WTF seriously… I was and am no fan of Russell’s but really…

I’ve watched the housewives and in the 1st season she talked about once being in a abusive relationship or that her family was in an abusive relationship one or the other and made that bigold speech at the luncheon to those women then she pulls this crap… Come on now Taylor.. Something’s up… Camillle is right were not getting the truth….

Have to say she’s one great little actress, she always has to play/be victim.