Elizabeth Reaser Reveals Why There Won't Be Another 'Twilight' Film

Fri, December 9, 2011 10:34am EDT by 10 Comments
Elizabeth Reaser Twilight

Robert Pattinson has said multiple times that if he were approached to reprise his role as Edward Cullen in another ‘Twilight’ film he’d be gung ho to do it but Elizabeth Reaser insists that there’s NO chance that will ever happen!

We hate to break it to you Twi-hards but don’t expect Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart to star in another Twilight film. HollywoodLife.com spoke with the lovely Elizabeth Reaser at the premiere of her new film Young Adult and when we told her that Rob is game to become a glittery vampire again, you’ll never believe what she said!

“Ya I think that’s not … I don’t agree with that,” she told us on the red carpet. “I think what’s great is we got to finish it. It ends the way it ends and I think it’s perfect.”

Breaking Dawn has been number one at the box office now for three weeks straight and with only one film left in the series we can understand why fans are bummed. But do you agree with Elizabeth that Rob’s comments are just wishful thinking?

— Chloe Melas

Loading video...

More Rob:

1. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Ditch Their Bel Air Love Nest
  2. The Truth Behind Robert Pattinson’s Night Out With Sarah Roemer
  3. Robert Pattinson: ‘Being A Young Dad Would Be Nice’

hamlin jamminson

Posted at 12:56 PM on February 19, 2012

Enough..it is was good.
But enough move on

lois

Posted at 7:11 AM on January 1, 2012

I totally agree with Michele. Even though we would love for them to make another Twilight movie, I think that it should just end like this. Also, I don’t think it’s possible to have another one because there’s no way SM’s gonna write again given that she hasn’t even finished writing Midnight Sun or even planning on finishing it.

We should just appreciate and support Rob, Kristen and the other cast’s upcoming projects even if it doesn’t involve Twilight. Beside BD part 2, I’m also looking forward on seeing Cosmopolis, Bel Ami and SWATH!

Jackie Mendoza

Posted at 12:16 AM on December 13, 2011

I think that there will be another twilight film because it’s really popular and everyone likes it, yeah I like the books more then the movies but there good to. I think that twilight is a really big thing it’s been for years, even though I hate to admit it i think it was cheesy the breaking dawn part 1 it was a cheesy movie I’m telling you right now. Twilight was the movie that looked more real to me then it was new moon, it was good but from there on it was cheesy….but I stool like them they make me cry don’t get me wrong I do like them

twilight

Posted at 9:09 PM on December 9, 2011

what about breaking dawn part 2

Carrie

Posted at 4:51 PM on December 9, 2011

Midnight sun won’t even be a book stephenie Meyer even said she won’t publish it because it was leaked before it was finished

pau

Posted at 4:49 PM on December 9, 2011

both rob and kristen are very talented in their movies. i hope they’ll get to team up in another movie with a different type of movie. I love robsten! :D

The Truth

Posted at 9:29 PM on December 9, 2011

Get a life kid! Robsten doesn’t exist.

Michele

Posted at 12:26 PM on December 9, 2011

I’m really looking forward to seeing Rob in other things, and I think it will be really good for his career to break away from Twilight. I know he said that, but I wonder if he was really serious? Isn’t it like, been there, done that?

He is so talented and I think he can do anything. Bel Ami & Cosmopolis are both films I can’t wait to see, and I can see him in comedy too, something like About A Boy or Notting Hill, which are such a great films—but I wouldn’t want to see him get stuck doing romantic comedies either. Just a whole lot of different genres.
Michele

Jessie

Posted at 11:13 AM on December 9, 2011

What is left, Midnight Sun? That book isn’t even out yet and if they do make it into a movie… the case will be too old to pull it off.

sandra

Posted at 2:19 PM on December 9, 2011

Midnight Sun won’t be a movie because it’s the first book Twilight but in Edward’s words not Bella’s. The majority of the original story is in this book but from Edward’s viewpoint.