Kirstin Says: Rachel Crow, Take Simon Cowell's Advice & Do Disney Or Nickelodeon Next

Fri, December 9, 2011 5:30pm EST by 6 Comments
Rachel Crow Disney

Even though Rachel Crow seems uninterested in pursuing a career on TV, I think she could be the next Raven-Symoné!

Rachel Crow has little interest in being the next Disney or Nickelodeon starlet, but I think she needs to think twice about that decision. I understand she considers herself too mature and doesn’t want to be typecast as a cutesy, little kid. However, she could turn herself into a major franchise — just look at Miley Cyrus!

Rachel’s mentor, Simon Cowell, was actually the first to publicly suggest the 13-year-old powerhouse pursue a career on television, in the beginning of the season — and he expressed those thoughts again to reporters after Rachel’s elimination Dec. 8.

“She is a 360 artist — I am convinced she will end up on Nickolodeon or Disney, I think she has got that tenacity, got that appeal,” he explained.

Unfortunately, Rachel brushed the idea off again when she chatted with HollywoodLife.com after the show, saying, “Yeah, but I don’t know [about Disney or Nickelodeon]. Yeah, it is a little early, but I don’t know…”

Interestingly enough, Disney head honchos are already interested in Rachel, reports TMZ. “Now that she has been eliminated off The X Factor, a general meeting is planned with her and Disney Channel executives soon,” sources said.

Rachel, think about the big picture here. Being a “Disney” girl isn’t a bad thing. In fact, it’s incredible. You get a show, a music career, movies, dolls — all the franchising in world at your fingertips. Miley, who started Hannah Montana when she was 13, was recently named one of Hollywood’s richest teens. She’s worth $120 million!

Enough about the money — Rachel has the perfect personality for a Disney/Nickelodeon career. She’s precocious, funny AND is a triple threat. There’s no question in my mind she’d be a mega hit.

That said, my co-worker Russ Weakland also pointed out Rachel could pursue acting and take on a villain role, just to prove herself. He thinks if she did that, she’d garner respect from everyone because no one is expecting a part like that from her and afterward, she’d be unstoppable.

Of course, there’s always the option of just pursuing music. But with that personality, I think we’ll be seeing Rachel in more places than just an album cover.

What do YOU think Rachel should do now she’s off The X Factor? Sound off below!

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

More ‘X Factor:’

1. Kirstin Says: Is Rachel Crow, 14, Too Young For The ‘X Factor’ Spotlight?
  2. ‘X Factor’ Results: Was Rachel Crow Or Marcus Canty Eliminated?
  3. ‘X Factor’ Finalist Rachel Crow Reveals Emotional Tribute To BFF Drew Ryniewicz

Nell

Posted at 2:35 AM on December 23, 2011

Rachel, you have plenty of time to do anything you want to do. Start where you can and it will grow. Besides, we want to see you do everything. I want to see you sing, your movies, your tv shows, your broadway starring roles, your commercials, I want to buy your doll. :)

You are a star my dear! Don’t try to grow up too fast, it will happen, one day you’ll wake up and this will all feel like a million years ago.

Nell

PS. I don’t try to know what Rachel is “thinking” but when I heard her say “I don’t know” I did not get any impression she was balking at anything Disney or otherwise. Rachel is already showing signs of superior intelligence when talking to the public and the media. She doesn’t bad mouth anyone, she is professional and stays positive! She doesn’t have loose lips and this will serve her well!

nanlu

Posted at 5:13 PM on December 17, 2011

Think it would be a good fit for her…….she is a doll….lots of personality……..go Rachel!!!!!!!

angie

Posted at 4:55 PM on December 11, 2011

I think what ever rachel decide she will go far

NikiMarie

Posted at 12:32 PM on December 11, 2011

I am surprised she said that. I saw one interview where she said she loved the Disney channel. Some people think that because LA Reid mentioned that Hollywood had taken an interest in her, that some viewers may not have voted as much, believing that Rachel had a future waiting for her.

galey

Posted at 9:06 PM on December 9, 2011

OMG! That’s exactly what she is…a cutesy little kid! Disney or Nickelodian would be perfect for her – I can’t believe that she thinks “she is too mature” – gheez – get over yourself Rachel, having a “mature” sounding voice does NOT make you mature and after your display of sobbing and falling on the floor last night proves you are still a little kid!

Anna

Posted at 11:12 AM on December 10, 2011

I to think Rachel is cute but, she is not going to be cute forever. Her smile will always be there, her charm and personality is what makes her. I fell in love with her vision. That is knowing who she is, what she wants and the choice’s she’s made so far are a clear indication that this “Cutesy” has a plan and it doesn’t include making alot of money franchising Crap for a couple of years then spending the rest of her life trying to be taken seriously as an adult entertainer.In Rachel’s defense, If I had spent 4 months of my life, living my dream, making life long friends, creating music with them, Learning how to make it in the business and then POOF it’s gone. Hell man, I’m 46 and I would fall to my knees and cry to. I’ll continue to watch just to see who does win, but for the record, I don’t watch these type of show’s but she was the 1st audition and because of HER I continued to watch.