Nicole Scherzinger: I Stand By My Decision Not To Support Rachel Crow

Fri, December 9, 2011 11:45am EST by 83 Comments
Nicole Scherzinger Decision

wabus44

Posted at 11:18 PM on December 12, 2011

What some people are overlooking is that the show has a sing off for the bottom 2 because sometimes the absolute voting is plainly wrong. This is also heavily influenced by sites like Vote for the Worst. By having judges make the final decision, such troll sites are unable to influence decisions…unless of course the judges opt out of deciding. If Nicole genuinely believed that Rachel should go and so sent the decision to deadlock, there might be angry fans but no injustice. In this case she simply did not want to decide, she reneged on her responsibility, and the trolls won the day.

cuntak

Posted at 11:10 PM on December 12, 2011

Oh Nicole… u sure have no balls missy!

southpaw

Posted at 8:57 PM on December 12, 2011

Nicole should be fired – she refused to do her job. Period.

Person

Posted at 7:15 PM on December 12, 2011

The way you titled this article is very misleading. No good.

Lad

Posted at 1:09 PM on December 12, 2011

Nicole couldn’t make up her mind which of them was worse on the night, so she went to dealock. Both artists were pretty awful in different ways (off key, out of tune, sharp in sections, flat in others), but it was a live performance, with high emotions, life dangling by a thread etc. so can’t be perfect. She let the voters decide. That is also her right as a judge, and in her contract, hence the option is there. *duh*

zoom

Posted at 12:58 PM on December 12, 2011

If more people had voted for Rachel she’d have gone through in the deadlock. Not enough people voted for her, people wanted Marcus. After the melodrama, apparently Rachel is making it big on the wave of pity. She’ll probably be really big, with THIS level of media manipulation, already! I smell Simon behind this. Such a sore loser, who doesn’t like to look like he’s screwing up a kid. They might want to re-think the age limit next season. Strange there are no lawsuits yet. I guess its in the contracts. “We reserve the right to permanently screw you up, if it helps the ratings.”

robert

Posted at 5:25 PM on December 11, 2011

Rachael clearly won the sing off with a stunning performance under pressure. As a result she will now move on to a huge career while Marcus will tumble back into obscurity. Way to go Nicole you definately picked the winner…….

NikiMarie

Posted at 12:38 PM on December 11, 2011

HEADLINE
“Nicole Scherzinger: I Stand By My Decision Not To Support Rachel Crow”

If I were Nicole Scherzinger, I’d be upset with this headline because it is very deceptive. Nicole did not lack support for Rachel, she simply wanted the public… the people who will be buying the albums… to make that decision.

I did not want Rachel to leave but I think the back-lash is bordering on dishonesty. The voters, for whatever reason, did NOT vote enough for Rachel. That’s the bottom line.

Keiden Troy

Posted at 9:46 PM on December 10, 2011

Nicole didn’t “do good” at all! I mean, yes Rachel didn’t shine as much in the 2 songs she sang for the voting, but she out-did Marcus at the elemination. I mean, when it is elemination it is NOT up to America to decide who gets to stay and who doesn’t. Yes America decides who is in the bottom two but not who gets to stay, unless the judges get too chicken and cause a deadlock. Otherwise the decision is all on the judges. I can’t say this enough…Marcus Canty should GO HOME!!!

shanna lange

Posted at 9:44 PM on December 10, 2011

I am really upset what is the point of a save me song when the one who does better goes home. Marcus was in the bottom 3 weeks in a row. It should have been an easy choice to send him home. Nicole says she didnt send rachel home and not to twist it. she did send her home with her words and thats why it was dead locked. If u cant make a tough decission then dont be a judge. She states she wouldnt send anyone home. At this piint she needs to do her job. Put her heart aside. I hope Nicole is not on next season. I dont know if i will stay an xfactor fan when the save me songs dont matter and when LA Reed stood by marcus out of principle. At this point in the contest the mentors/judges should pick who the best singer is. Not whose team they are on. Or cause they dont want to hurt someones feelings

keiden Troy

Posted at 9:27 PM on December 10, 2011

I think Marcus Canty should have been the one to go home on the night. From what I saw of his proformance, it was SHOCKING!!! Rachel had pulled out all the stops with hers and yes, she did miss a few notes…but overall her performance was BETTER than Marcus’. I think the deadlock was rigged…and I don’t care what anyone else has to say about my own thoughts. Nicole knew what she was doing, and for her to look at L.A Reid TWICE when it was her turn to judge Marcus and Rachel was NOT because she was distraught…she should be fired if she CAN’T MAKE THE TOUGH DECISIONS!!!

Paula

Posted at 9:26 PM on December 10, 2011

Nicole made a huge mistake not making this difficult decision.She is getting paid a lot of money to make these tough calls.Marcus has been in the bottom several times that should be an indicator right there he is not so popular with America.Rachel is amazing and should still be in this competition.As far as I am concerned Nicole did not do her job I understand it was difficult but she is getting paid big bucks to make those decisions.Rachel you are adorable,sweet and talented and you will probably be bigger than anyone else on that show.I look forward to seeing you soon………

HAL

Posted at 8:54 PM on December 10, 2011

THE SING OFF WAS FOR THE JUDGES TO SEE THE POWER OFF THE SONG / WHY THEY THE CONTESTANTS ARE THIER FOR WOW WHAT A PERFORMANCE TO WONT TO STAY MAKE THE FINALE 4 BOTH JUDGES DID HER WRONG

Joni

Posted at 3:51 PM on December 10, 2011

Nicole took the easy road instead of showing she should be able to be a judge and vote for talent. This is not a show about how much you care for someone. Marcus did not out perform Rachel, Rachel killed it and made it her own Marcus has a great voice but does not show any originality and if Nicole feels she has the expertise to judge talent then she should be absolutely ashamed of her self. I sometimes feel she is more concerned about making sure Simon does not have a winner then selecting the best act.

Keiden Troy

Posted at 9:35 PM on December 10, 2011

YES…YES!!!! That’s exactly what I was thinking!!! I believe that both Nicole and L.A Reid don’t like the fact that Simon has so far had the BEST group of singers in this competition to date. Simon knows what he’s doing when he does these kinds of shows, not to mention he’s been doing this for years now…the dudes a pro and he knows talent when he sees it. Marcus Canty…doesn’t have it, he just doesn’t.

Justin

Posted at 12:59 PM on December 10, 2011

Marcus has been put in bottom two THREE times straight by America. How OBVIOUS is it that he can’t win and is NOT a favorite of people who watch this show? It was an easy vote in this regard. THREE STRAIGHT WEEKS IN BOTTOM TWO! VOTE HIM OFF! Nicoal, your vote was “I vote to send home Rachel”….end of story! If you couldn’t decide….then OBSTAIN! Rachel goes through! The only way it goes to deadlock is if two judges vote for each contestant. You HAD to have voted her off!

Lee

Posted at 1:32 PM on December 12, 2011

Seriously !! Marcus has a wonderful talent. For some reason people do not like him. I voted for him so many times and I believe my vote helped save him. Rachel did not do that well on Wednesday, Marcus has never given a bad performance. I love Rachael I think she will have a great career. I wish people will stop hating on Marcus. Drew was a very bad, bad singer. I am so glad she is gone. Do the right thing people.

Isalea

Posted at 12:51 AM on December 15, 2011

Well I teach music professionally, and sorry Marcus does sing off key many times. He gives a lot of bad performances, pitch problems, lacks range, problems changing notes and more. He needs work. Don’t try to sell him as fantastic, I am glad you are a Marcus supporter but like all these acts he also has good and bad performances.

Liza

Posted at 8:46 AM on December 10, 2011

Okay I didnt vote because clearly they both have PROBLEMS!!! First of all Nicole cries when shes sending Rachel home!!! Its like dont send her home if ya dont want to.Second Rachel is screaming at her mother!!! URGH IDK!

Elloise

Posted at 6:24 AM on December 10, 2011

1.“Because how did I know what America was going to do?”- Here, she is blaming it on America. 2.”Anyone can see that I didn’t send Rachel home — don’t get it twisted. I didn’t send her home.”- Yes, you sent Rachel home by not saving her. 3.”I have a big heart and I care and I care so much.”-Is this woman for real? HELLO? Big heart? You are not a kindergarten teacher but a judge who gets paid millions of dollers. I guess she is really really dumb by nature. I hoped she would at least admit that she chickened out and took an easy way out.

gbtw

Posted at 9:03 PM on December 10, 2011

really… it should read, ‘i care so much, UNTIL IT’S INCONVENIENT TO ME’. i’m with you. if she admitted her mistake, instead of trying to justify it or cover it up, i’d feel much differently about it/her. she doesn’t deserve what she’s being paid. end. of. story.

NARVMIKE

Posted at 3:06 AM on December 10, 2011

The X Factor show is OBVIOUSLY FIXED!!! Want proof?? If you have the show on DVR, re-watch both Marcus’s and Rachel’s two performances, then carefully observe Nicole’s body language and reaction. THEN, watch the Save Me songs, and carefully observe what happens during the judging! Why would Rachel tell Nicole, “Please don’t cry.” and tell Nicole that she is ok with whatever decision SHE makes?? Why would a 14 year old girl feel the need to “console” a judge, especially before learning what the judge’s decision is?? It seems clear that Rachel may also have been a player in this drama, as it seems Rachel knew beforehand what the outcome was going to be [watch her consoling Nicole BEFORE the judge’s decision is known], and I am also curious as to what Rachel meant when she screamed angrily at her mother, “You promised,Mommy!! You promised!!” Clearly this was a well-rehearsed performance to add to the drama by instilling a sense of “controversy” to boost ratings, and elicit a media frenzy, which gives more attention to the show. An effective tool to get this problem fixed is to STOP WATCHING THE SHOW NOW! DO NOT VOTE FOR ANY FURTHER CONTENDERS, AND BOYCOTT NEXT SEASON. ALSO DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT THE “WINNER” SELLS! We all need to disconnect from the MATRIX, and see life as it REALLY IS!! Let’s go outside and play!

Bkwurm1

Posted at 12:35 PM on December 10, 2011

Rachel did NOT scream “You promised, mommy.” She sobbed, “You promise, mommy?” After her mother said everything will be alright. She’s a 13 year old kid with tremendous pressure on her that fell apart for like 2 minutes. Giver her a break. As for why she told Nicole not to cry before she made her decision, anyone who was watching could see Nicole was already falling apart. I know I wasn’t surprised by what Rachel said. I’ll concede drama on Nicole’s part, but only because she was too afraid of playing the bad guy – yeah, that backfired. The only thing fixed in the show was who they chose to be the final judge and I can see the logic in switching it around so the pressure wouldn’t be on Paula two weeks in a row, but had Paula been left with the final vote, you can be sure Rachel would have stayed. (since then Nicole wouldn’t have wimped out).

Highlander

Posted at 1:28 AM on December 10, 2011

This is exactly what Simon Cowbell wants: “Judge Controvercy” that sells. He’s hoping enough outrage will affects the ratings. Even if it breaks a poor child’s heart, and leaves her scarred for life. Its Television, people! Fast (Food) Entertainment, consumed and the losers discarded as we get back to our real lives. We all know Highlander is the real theme here: “There can be only ONE!” – The contestants know this, but they all think its THEM! LOL

Stone

Posted at 1:14 AM on December 10, 2011

If the American public had liked Rachel more, they would have voted more for her. America didn’t think she was good enough. So she’s out. Nicole did good, because when it was up to her, she decided to keep the one American wants to see more of. Period.

diane

Posted at 12:25 AM on December 10, 2011

I am a mature adult and know you did not do the right thing, Nicole. Own what you did because that is mature and adult. You are covering up and making excuses for your wrong doing. The kids are more mature than you. You acted very unprofessional and chidlike. So, face it. You are acting chidlike by saying you are standing by your vote to vote Rachel off and now covering up with excuses. You made a mistake. That’s human. Own it!

Reason

Posted at 9:20 PM on December 9, 2011

What Nicole did was disgusting it was all about her ego. She obviously copied Paula when Paula said she couldn’t vote but that made sense since they were both Paula’s acts. Nicole however, refused to vote. That makes absolutely no sense since I don’t know… It’s her job as a judge! It made no sense for her to not vote for anyone. This just shows how big her ego and self centeredness goes. She would rather create all this drama with fake tears that made no sense than vote fairly for a small child. If I was Rachel Crow’s mother I would have a lot to say to Nicole backstage.

Marlee

Posted at 6:48 PM on December 9, 2011

rach should not have gotten elimated he has an mazing voice for her voice and shes exactly like me!!!!!!!!! :{

Mark

Posted at 6:46 PM on December 9, 2011

“…and I wasn’t going to send either of them home.”

In other words, she wasn’t going to do the job she’s paid to do, to judge and decide who goes home. The judges’ making that decision is what keeps this from being an American Idol replica. She’s not willing to do that, then maybe she can go work on AI and bring J-Lo to XF.

Bob

Posted at 8:26 PM on December 9, 2011

Exactly, Nicole is paid to make decisions as a judge. she knew full well that her decision was based on the sing off, that’s why they have a sing off, who is the best of the night. There was no doubt that Rach was by far the best, not even close, you have to be brain dead not to vote for Rach based on that sing off. Nicole is a useless judge, she needs to move off the show. LA also knew that Rach was the best by far in the sing off, but he said he has to stand by his man, I understand that, but there is no excuse for Nicole.

diane

Posted at 12:30 AM on December 10, 2011

I totally agree! Nicole was not doing her job nor presenting in an adult, mature, professional manner. Now, I see she is covering up with excuses rather than owning her mistake and sticking to that. She should NOT be judging

kurwa