'X Factor' Finalist Rachel Crow Reveals Emotional Tribute To BFF Drew Ryniewicz

Thu, December 8, 2011 2:55pm EDT by 68 Comments
Courtesy of FOX (2)

Rachel opens up about missing her bestie Drew. Find out what reduced the ‘X Factor’ finalist to tears!

Drew Ryniewicz may have been eliminated from The X Factor last week, but she’s still very present in the heart of fellow finalist Rachel Crow. “I miss her, but I actually dedicated my first song ['Nothin' On You'] to her,” Rachel told reporters after the show’s Dec. 7 taping. “She had done it, but they didn’t put it on camera yet. … I wore my friendship bracelet on my mic’s hand and I told her to make sure she watched.”

And it sounds like the supports goes both ways. Now that she’s out of the competition, Drew is putting all her faith on Rachel!

“[Drew] was like, ‘I’m going to be voting for you!'” Rachel revealed. “I was crying and so sad that she wasn’t here. I love her, though. She’s amazing!”

Rachel and Drew became super-close during their time on the show, so they talked about everything together — including that time Justin Bieber reached out to Drew on Twitter!

“She was like, ‘Rachel, guess what? Justin Bieber tweeted me and direct-messaged me!’ And now he is following her. She’s awesome!”

Watch Rachel’s performance of “Nothin’ On You” below, then vote for who YOU think should be eliminated next.

Loading video...

— Reporting by Russ Weakland

Kristen Bracken

Posted at 10:25 PM on December 8, 2011

Nicole should be gone! Ashamed!These “judges” have such a rough life shaking their ass strutting on stages taking pictures… if they were in the “REAL WORLD” and had to make REAL daecisions that effect peoples lives, they would be disgraced.. I make decisions every day to protect people and hope that it is always the RIGHT one with confidence.. they don’t even make sense with their criticism or “guidance”… poor Leroy and Stacey!! Lucky Josh is INCREDIBLE BUT EVEN NICOLE’S SONG CHOICES HAVE SUCKED AT TIMES!!!

Lisa Barnes

Posted at 10:22 PM on December 8, 2011

I never EVER EVER EVER post anything about a show. However, I was moved to tears after that little girl sang her song. She blew Marcus away. What a horrible mistake Nicole made tonight. America does get it wrong sometimes thats why I thought The XFACTOR would be different from American Idol. What a shame Simon You had a good ideal going for you and it happened all over again. Remember Soul Patrol…What a joke.

rubytuesday12

Posted at 11:11 PM on December 8, 2011

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE? NEITHER ONE WILL WIN!

Nancy

Posted at 11:33 PM on December 8, 2011

Really, Rachael was no way prepared to handle the fame obviously the way she broke down like a big baby. Nichole got it right so she was torn between the two of them, so i wish people would stop blaming it on Nicole. Rachael is not mature enough to handle the pressure, she would not have won the competition anyway.

Tom

Posted at 10:17 PM on December 8, 2011

Im glad she went home. Not because she was bad, cause she wasn’t. I’m glad she’s gone because she wasn’t ready to win. She wasn’t mature enough to win. I saw her break down and cry and it was expected, but when i saw her crying for her mom i knew right there she wasnt ready for it. In a way i think this is a good thing for her. If she were fo become famous now, her childhood would be lost. She will definatly be back in the music business when shes ready.

I think Marcus is a better performer then everyone on the show. He can sing, dance, and he’s got a great attitude. He’s in the bottom all the time because his voice is more funk or bluesy. I do agree that Nicole doesn’t know how to judge.

swanyoucme22

Posted at 10:17 PM on December 8, 2011

Nicole was hired to do a job. She did not do her job she let America do her job, she was in breach of her contract is what I think. Rachel Crow has a very good voice, clearly she was the one to be saved. This is a competition not Nicole does not want to hurt anybody’s feelings. OMG what’s going to happen in the future. Nicole is going to have to get a thick skin or another job. I want to say a lot more but I know Nicole is kicking herself……I know Simon wants to! LOL

JR Isbell

Posted at 10:16 PM on December 8, 2011

you go linda, I agree 100 percent

liz

Posted at 10:15 PM on December 8, 2011

NICOLE should be fired, I’m done watching this show

karmyn oneal

Posted at 10:13 PM on December 8, 2011

Wow Rachael crow needs to come back Marcus can not sing /won’t draw a crowd. Simon go get Rachael

A from Canada

Posted at 10:13 PM on December 8, 2011

I was so disappointed to see Rachel out.
She clearly should not have been voted out and having the decision left to the public vote was not fair.

Her 1st time on bottom. Marcus was on bottom 3x….and judges saved him. Based on the performance Rachel gave alone says she deserved to stay in the competition ….Nicole needs to be professional and think about how the public voted Marcus on the bottom 3x.

The audence clearly feels she failed as a judge to do what she was intended to do…choose the better performer….the performer that clearly is more consistent….Rachel.

I hope Nicole can see this and continue the competition with a strong, professional, mind.

And by the way….what on earth did LA mean “based on principal”? How ironic !!

I wish Rachel the very best and I’m sure the music industry
already has their big eyes on her !! cha ching…cha ching $$$$$

FIRE_nicole

Posted at 10:11 PM on December 8, 2011

Nicole is horrible week after week! She flakes out yet again, not standing up for the better contestant! Why is Marcus still in the competition? 3 weeks in a row he should have went home and yet this idiot nicole is a primary reason he remains. Simon needs to let the annoyingly bad drama queen go back to wherever she came from, and bring back that respectable english woman that was initially on the show as a judge when it began. Yuck!

GZone77

Posted at 10:17 PM on December 8, 2011

Totally agre with Fire_nicole!
Nicole kept looking to her her right at Antonio Reid (who by the way road on Babyfaces coattails his entire career). She is a prima donna and is a complete detriment to the show.

JR Isbell

Posted at 10:11 PM on December 8, 2011

rachel crow clearly won tonight by a country mile , this judging system sucks, Simon is the only true judge, the rest need to be relieved of your duties,

Clive D

Posted at 10:11 PM on December 8, 2011

What thats the point of a save me song if it doesnt count in the judging?
Rachel absolutely nailed that performance, It was a no contest decision tonight.
Nicole is a giant zero.

GZone77

Posted at 10:00 PM on December 8, 2011

Nicole totally screwed this kid. The y hired her as a judge and she’s incapable of judging. I am sure simon realizes now she is a total disaster for the show.

Ryan

Posted at 9:46 PM on December 8, 2011

Nicole are you serious? You’re the worst judge in the world. just cause you and Marcus are “buddies” doesn’t mean you gotta keep his fail ass. You should be embarrassed of how poorly you wasted your vote. This joker has been in the bottom 3 times so far. I bet you a million dollars that simon wanted nothing more than to bitch smack you along with all of America.

Linda

Posted at 9:44 PM on December 8, 2011

Nicole should give up her job is she not willing to do it. Spineless decision “let America Vote” !!! She new well that Rachel performed much better and had never been in the bottom two. Keep Rachel – kickoff Nicole!

JessIsRad

Posted at 9:35 PM on December 8, 2011

Sad the wrong person went home tonight! These judges need to step up take responsibility and do their job! I am tired of the deadlock crap! And AMERICA didn’t vote her off…they use last weeks vote! If they would have let us vote on tonight performances Rachell would still be on. I mean if they are going to go into deadlock all the time then let America vote. Not use votes for another preformance? Maybe her and performance wasn’t that great last week (I felt she was awesome) that’s why she had the least votes…..FOR LAST WEEK….New performance new votes. Or maybe the judges can just do their job!

magnolia

Posted at 9:27 PM on December 8, 2011

It was not right for Rachel Crow to go home since Marcus was in the bottom for this weeks. The true under performer thi week was Nicole. Nicole is weak as a judge and does not deserve the title. Remove Nicole from the show.

rubytuesday12

Posted at 11:13 PM on December 8, 2011

BOTH RACHEL AND MARCUS DESERVE TO GO HOME HES NEXT

Cathie

Posted at 9:24 PM on December 8, 2011

I agree with you. Marcus should have been sent home weeks ago. Rachel was so much better than him and she sang her heart out tonight. Nicole should not be allowed back next season.

Katie

Posted at 9:20 PM on December 8, 2011

Absolutely ridiculous there is no question rachel gave the better performance tonight….. Nicole should be ashamed voting is part of her job she needs to step up and vote based on the performances

SANDRA

Posted at 9:18 PM on December 8, 2011

Nicole you know you are wrong on that call

DM

Posted at 9:15 PM on December 8, 2011

UNBELIEVABLE Nicole!!! If you can’t take the heat, get out the judges seat!!!! Don’t worry Rachel, you may have lost that recording contract but there’s an even bigger one out there for you!! Awesome talent!!

SANDRA

Posted at 9:14 PM on December 8, 2011

rachell crow was done wrong she song her heart out
here goes the judges again well here more from her

Donna

Posted at 9:12 PM on December 8, 2011

So lost my respect for Nicole!! She is on as a judge but wouldn’t do what she needed to do and Rachel paid the price!!!

SANDRA

Posted at 9:16 PM on December 8, 2011

you are so right

d

Posted at 11:04 PM on December 8, 2011

i know =[ im speechless really

Joelharris

Posted at 9:08 PM on December 8, 2011

Im done watching this is ridiculous

Maggie Vicente

Posted at 9:06 PM on December 8, 2011

I so want to hear more of Rachell Crow. Love that strong voice!!! America voted the wrong peraon off. Sad : (

Lisa

Posted at 5:10 PM on December 8, 2011

What a sweetie pie. I hope she wins this, and I hope Drew and her fans will be a part of that happening. Good luck Rachel! You’re awesome!