'X Factor' Finalist Rachel Crow Reveals Emotional Tribute To BFF Drew Ryniewicz

Thu, December 8, 2011 2:55pm EDT by 68 Comments
Courtesy of FOX (2)

Rachel opens up about missing her bestie Drew. Find out what reduced the ‘X Factor’ finalist to tears!

Drew Ryniewicz may have been eliminated from The X Factor last week, but she’s still very present in the heart of fellow finalist Rachel Crow. “I miss her, but I actually dedicated my first song ['Nothin' On You'] to her,” Rachel told reporters after the show’s Dec. 7 taping. “She had done it, but they didn’t put it on camera yet. … I wore my friendship bracelet on my mic’s hand and I told her to make sure she watched.”

And it sounds like the supports goes both ways. Now that she’s out of the competition, Drew is putting all her faith on Rachel!

“[Drew] was like, ‘I’m going to be voting for you!'” Rachel revealed. “I was crying and so sad that she wasn’t here. I love her, though. She’s amazing!”

Rachel and Drew became super-close during their time on the show, so they talked about everything together — including that time Justin Bieber reached out to Drew on Twitter!

“She was like, ‘Rachel, guess what? Justin Bieber tweeted me and direct-messaged me!’ And now he is following her. She’s awesome!”

Watch Rachel’s performance of “Nothin’ On You” below, then vote for who YOU think should be eliminated next.

Loading video...

— Reporting by Russ Weakland

The New iPad

Posted at 3:22 AM on July 3, 2012

hello!,I love your writing so a lot! share we keep in touch more about your article on AOL? I need a specialist in this space to unravel my problem. May be that’s you! Having a look forward to look you.

david

Posted at 12:35 PM on January 14, 2012

I. like everybody but I love Melanie amaro the best

RichardAnthony

Posted at 10:07 PM on December 13, 2011

I did not get to watch the J. kimmell interview, wish I would have, sounds like he was the “TRUTH”. I loved Nicole, until she deadlocked the vote. For the amount of money these judges make (and I’m not hating), they are paid to make HARD decisions and if you can’t make those decisions then don’t take the paycheck. Ultimately we as the public make these checks possible by tuning in. The bottom 2 are suppose to sing for their lives, and Nicole charged them with exactly that, just minutes before they sang. Anyone with a decent ear knows that in that moment of Elimination performance, RACHEL by FAR blew Marcus away. I don’t even know that I will watch the show. What’s the purpose of Judges if they get so damn emotional they cannot make a SIMPLE decision.. WHO SANG BETTER? And as for LA to make a statement that he was surprised by Rachels performance and thought Marcus was gonna blow her away is ridiculous, he is an ICON in the music industry and to hear him make such ridiculous statements is CRAZY and makes him look like a complete FAKE. Much Love and Best Wishes to both Marcus and Rachel, this is not personal this is about a competition and Rachel was winning. If Nicole or the other Judges are so emotionally driven that they cannot make a decision then just call it American Idol and let America pick not just the winner,but also the one to save every week..

Chuck

Posted at 8:29 PM on December 14, 2011

Ditto, but they don’t need to call it American Idol & should let audience decide, because the judging system on X Factor is as ridiculous as it would be if Olympic coaches were allowed to judge @ Olympics.

Marty

Posted at 9:37 AM on December 12, 2011

People think Rachel’s Mom promised her she would win. NOT
She promised her it was alright that she did not win..Watch the video closely. She wanted to win so bad to take care of her Dad. He is very sick and they gave up so much to help her. As she said from the start…we have like no money!! It just crushed her to find out it was all for nothing..But no Rachel,,its not for nothing, you will be a star my dear..it was devastating when you cried so hard. I for one sat here and cried with you. And I agree, Nicole should have chosen one or the other by how they performed their save song..Rachel nailed that one. But she will be great at what ever she and her family decide to do. Love you Rachel

small john

Posted at 8:05 AM on December 12, 2011

ya !! i totally agree with u guy. what a wrong decision make from nicole . she cannot b fair for other contestent, only choose for black guy only. not only her, LA & paula also not so fair enought .shame on u !!! how can eliminated rachael & Drew . they r such good singer .better than other alot !! one mistake another !! how many mistake that their want to do?only simon done a good job at this season !!!

Justin

Posted at 6:35 PM on December 11, 2011

It was America who voted Crow out but Nicole was just being her stupid,irritating self.Dnt knw why Simon asked her to be a judge?I hope and pray that they will vote for melanie as she is the only one left that has the needed talent to win.I actually pity Nicole as she is so damn pathetic and stupid!!!

Gladys

Posted at 3:41 PM on December 9, 2011

Marcus and Chris should have been eliminated they sound terrible!!! Rachael sounds better then them and will have a brighter future in music then those two losers!!

Gina

Posted at 5:41 PM on December 12, 2011

I agree with you there Gladys. Chris’s only talent is that he is like his g’father, a good song writer. His voice is nice, BUT, he cannot project very well, it’s too airy. Marcus is trying too hard by trying to be the suave, smooth, wanna be stage mack..therefore portraying himself as a bit cheesy. The eye wink has got to stop!

katijay94

Posted at 1:28 PM on December 9, 2011

Nicole isn’t the best judge in the world, but it was obvious that she left it up to how the people voted because she knew there was no way Rachel would be going home. She just didn’t want to have to tell Marcus he was going home. Rachel Crow then got voted off because of America’s votes. I’m not saying she should have gone home because she shouldn’t have, but America is who sent her home in the end, not Nicole.

Kris

Posted at 11:08 AM on December 11, 2011

You are absolutely right. I wish people would stop hating on Nicole because America voted her out.

Chris

Posted at 12:26 PM on December 11, 2011

I understand what you are saying … but the fact is they were NOT voted on their SAVE ME SONG which is what makes this totally wrong! Why have a “save me song” and go to the voting from the night before for the results. In fact, why have it go to the judges if the judges are NOT going to do their job.

Delanah

Posted at 12:36 AM on December 13, 2011

not really, sometimes people arent able to vote depending on their circumstances. or what may be happening the night of the show. Like me, for example. After drew left the week before. I knew i was gonna be voting for rachelle, but with holiday events and numerous other things I completely forgot to vote because I tape the show. I was so upset when I found that the poles were closed when i had realized it. And all the stuff stemming from Drews elimination and people saying they arent watching the show because of her being voted off really hurt rachelle’s votes I think. and of course you have the people who think she has it made anyway so why vote for her. People have weird ways of thinking. She sang better on her save me song and nicole should have sent marcus home. Thats the reason she claimed she sent drew home, because marcus’s save me song was better. 3 weeks in the bottom 2 and he’s still there because of paula and nicole. He should have went home last week just based on that fact. If he’s in it again this week and doesn’t go home that will show exactly whats happening. crazy stuff..

paul1957

Posted at 10:26 AM on December 9, 2011

IF THERE IS A WAY TO MAKE THE WRONG ..RIGHT…ONLY MR SIMON COWELL CAN MAKE IT …BUT IT WAS THE CALLS THAT MADE IT…ALTHOUGH I DISAGREE….R A C H E L C R O W…WAS THE CHAMPION…EVEN SANG BETTER THAN MELANIE…OMG…HOW CAN ANYONE MISS IT….IT WAS RACHEL’S…NOW AMERICAS SWEETHEART! RACHEL WILL OUTSHINE ALL THE CONTESTANTS ALL TOGETHER…CANT WAIT TO SEE HER IN…(ALL TV SHOWS…INCL TALK SHOWS ETC AND SOON …MAYBE DISNEY HAS A SPOT CHOSEN FOR HER NOW….ID LOVE TO BUY LIL SWEETHEARTS CD RIGHT NOW…COME ON AMERICA…SHE DESERVES IT AND BESIDES SHE NEEDS HER OWN BEDROOM W/BATH…CONGRATULATIONS TO AMERICAS SWEETHEART….AND NEVER EVER GIVE UP…RACHEL CROW…WE LOVE YOU…..U R AMERICAS SWEETHEART…NOW AND EVER!!!

Katherine

Posted at 3:46 PM on December 11, 2011

ABSOLUTELY! Rachel baby, this is just the beginning of the most amazing path in your life. You shine so brightly, are so sweet, kind and loving. Don’t ever lose who you are because you are the greatest.

Susan Barreira

Posted at 9:46 AM on December 9, 2011

What is wrong with people Rachel you are a star!! You are a beautiful young lady with love and respect!! God bless you! I strongly believe you are the next Michael Jackson!! You voice is absolutely beautiful!!

Kirstock

Posted at 2:24 AM on December 9, 2011

I join twitter today just to see what Nicole had to say for herself. She hasn’t put anything on there about Rachael. Rachael did write don’t be mad at Nicole. But how can you not. Nicole is such a weak judge. She could have voted him off by just saying you have been at the bottom to many times. Rachael killed it yesterday. You rock girl. Stay strong.

princetian

Posted at 2:21 AM on December 9, 2011

What a punk move from nicole, with all of her girl power and bullcrap, she couldn’t just put aside her like for marcus and honestly give rachel her spot…rachel put it down tonight with some raw emotion that had me sure marcus was going home. I hope marcus goes home next week, his voice is annoying and so is his face for some reason.

Purpleging

Posted at 1:34 AM on December 9, 2011

Agreeing to be a judge of this X Boot Camp has some training of a different kind in need. Rachael was written out of the show, next? TV is all about what we are doing getting people so wound up they will miss anything to see what’s next. It’s been a great season, I know Rachael is better off with her offer her parent’s control decision’s and as she said. “We the kid’s have to go to school 3 hours, then do homework, then practise. The other’s have time to focus, that’s why she is so exhausted to tears. She’s a trooper and we will see more of her I will be the first to buy her song and support her. I hope she get’s the TV and a bathroom?

hassanah

Posted at 1:19 AM on December 9, 2011

I love melanie she goin to make it she goin to be the next Mary j

Marlan

Posted at 1:11 AM on December 9, 2011

I think Rachael should get a life line like melani did. She was robbed with her eyes wide open. Nicole, you did not do you job. Paula man up and I think you and LA Reid should have did the same. Shame on both of u, when LA gave that bull shit speech I thought he was going to man up and send Marcus home.

bluegoxw

Posted at 12:30 AM on December 9, 2011

Rachel you are incredible! You were robbed compliments of N. S.

zaran

Posted at 12:16 AM on December 9, 2011

OMG SORRY BUT MARCUS HAS NO TALENT WHATSOEVER RACHEL SHOULD HAVE WON CMON 3 TIMES IN THE BOTTOM THREE???!!!!!!WHAT ARE YOU THINKING NICOLE SHAME ON YOU YOU DISERVED THE BOOs THAT WAS THE WORST DISITION OF THE ENTIRE SHOW SHAME ON YOU!!!

Marci

Posted at 12:15 AM on December 9, 2011

Honey, you are America’s sweetheart. Don’t give up your dream… you are really good! My husband and I would buy your CD! I hope someone gives you a contract and think you would be a true movie star, another Shirely Temple type.
Love your soul you put into your music. You are a shinning star! You are amazing!

JR Isbell

Posted at 11:22 PM on December 8, 2011

I wonder if anybody tweeted Simon Cowell directly, I’m new to this tweet stuff, how do you do that,

dee

Posted at 2:00 AM on December 9, 2011

LOL. You got me thinking about getting on the twitter bandwagon now…

rose

Posted at 11:19 PM on December 8, 2011

I most definitly agree, nicole does not know what having true talent is call. Rachel has great talent,and she will prove to everyone that she can be someone. Nicole you do not need to be a judge in x factor again. you know you were wrong. marcus and chris should have gone home. nicole you need to step up and make it right. x factor should reason to put her back on the finalist. if this is how x factor is going to be, than is not worth my time. if the judges are going to be deciding the wrong candidates, than this show is propriate to lie and give high hopes to people who really want to be a superstar. simon do not bring nicole back, she has no morals. simon please tell x factor to make a wrong to a right. love you rachel and i know you will be great.

JR Isbell

Posted at 11:25 PM on December 8, 2011

Aman Rose

maryann petrillo

Posted at 12:11 AM on December 9, 2011

dont hate on chris rene first off i agree about rachel crow but her fans didnt vote enough to keep her in dead lock

zaran

Posted at 12:23 AM on December 9, 2011

i totaly agree woth you 100% nicole should never return to this show of shes going to make crappy decisions like that shame on her she obviously has no taste in good musical talent she deserved the boos at the end god dam

Ex-factorFan

Posted at 10:46 PM on December 8, 2011

Based on America’s votes here on Twitter, Marcus was voted off by 50.2% as opposed to 20.something % for Rachel. Something ain’t Kosher in Kansas Toto!

Ex-factorFan

Posted at 10:47 PM on December 8, 2011

Correction, 53% for Marcus to leave!

JR Isbell

Posted at 10:27 PM on December 8, 2011

tom urine idiot,

Tom

Posted at 10:37 PM on December 8, 2011

Lol autocorrect fail. And no I’m not. I made my points. I backed them up. They actually make sense. You however, said nothing worth reading.

JR Isbell

Posted at 11:15 PM on December 8, 2011

Lol ya it did, sorry I wasn’t trying to be ugly, I just disagree with you,

JR Isbell

Posted at 11:28 PM on December 8, 2011

Sorry Tom , that was uncalled for I apologize,

Amy

Posted at 5:30 PM on December 11, 2011

lmao before saying anything you should seriously learn how to spell. hahaha just saying.