Michelle Duggar Suffers Miscarriage — So Sad

Thu, December 8, 2011 5:18pm EST by 136 Comments
Michelle Duggar Miscarriage

The TLC reality star was pregnant with her 20th child when her doctor told her Dec. 8 that he couldn’t find the child’s heartbeat.

What was supposed to be an incredibly happy day for Michelle Duggar turned into a very sad day for her and husband Jim Bob. The 45-year-old star of 19 Kids and Counting went for a check-up to find out the gender of her 20th child — and the doctor informed her she had suffered a miscarriage.

“After the appointment, we came back home and told the children,” Michelle tells People. “We had just been talking about baby names last night and they were getting excited about naming a boy or a girl. It has been a real sad disappointment.”

Michelle says she plans on holding a funeral for the child.

“I feel like my heart broke telling my children,” she recalls. “They have all been so excited about this baby and looking forward to April coming around and having a new little one in our arms. That was the most difficult. The Lord is the giver of life and he can choose when that life is ready to go on and be with Him.”

— Chloe Melas

Karen Yasika

Posted at 9:15 AM on August 27, 2014

How totally understand how she is feeling (well not 109% but pretty close) as I have suffered several miscarriages and they are devastating no matter hie you look at it and no matter how far along you are either!! The Duggar family you are in my Hearts Thoughts and Prayers!!

kimsey

Posted at 8:59 AM on March 10, 2014

Really 19 children!!!!!!!!! No way can you be giving these children what they need emotional or otherwise, God as spoken with that miscarriage.

Guest

Posted at 2:46 AM on November 16, 2012

God has spoken, stop having kids.

adrienne

Posted at 2:19 AM on April 20, 2012

im sorry for your loss i know how you feel i had Miscarriage too i cryed for days

rebecca lockridge

Posted at 10:53 AM on March 21, 2012

I can’t even begin to imagine what you guys are going through. Children are a precious gift from god…….He just needed one more angel. My thought and prays are with you all. My god comfort you during this hard time

Savannah

Posted at 1:35 AM on February 26, 2012

I am sooo sorry for ur loss I am also a christian and I know god will watch over and love your beautiful child until u can see him/her for the first time you will make it throught this hard time best wishes and all my love and support,savannah patrick

Savannah patrick

Posted at 1:29 AM on February 26, 2012

Sooo sad:( I watch their show and I saw what they went through with josie

sharissa

Posted at 10:52 AM on February 8, 2012

i am sorry for your loss Duggar family it aint easy loseing a baby but i know the baby is in the sweet arms of jesus

god bless u