Amber Portwood On Her Bipolar & Diassociative Disorders, Her New Man & Fighting In IHOP

Wed, December 7, 2011 8:52pm EDT by 9 Comments
Amber Portwood
SplashNews.com

Amber Portwood explains part of the reason she acts out of line sometimes and gets in fights — she has two disorders

Amber Portwood has openly discussed her bipolar disorder before, saying she thinks it was a misdiagnosis. However, now she is more honest with herself and admitted to E! News she struggles with maintaining control.

“I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder three years ago. I struggle with it. I hate it. I grieve over it,” the Teen Mom star said. “When I went to rehab for two months, they diagnosed me with disassociative disorder too, which makes me black out. People don’t understand what it’s like.”

As for the story about getting into a fight with a stranger recently at IHOP, Amber confirmed it happened.

“I was with [my boyfriend] Mike, and yes, we did go have a couple of drinks. But I was not drunk. We were sitting by ourselves, laughing and talking and my legs were up on his, just having a good time. Suddenly, I hear this couple make these racist comments,” she explained. “I looked over and said, ‘Excuse me, but why are you starting drama? Please do everyone a favor and keep your comments to yourself.’

When the comments didn’t stop, Amber took matters into her own hands. “So that’s when I got up and told her to shut her f–king mouth,” she said.

Oh, boy. In better news, Amber says she’s obsessed with her new boyfriend, a 22-year-old named Mike, who she’s been seeing for a month.

“He’s a gorgeous man. We haven’t spent a day apart since we met. He’s different than any of my other exes,” Amber said. “I always knew I wouldn’t be with [baby daddy] Gary [Shirley] for the long term. But with Mike, I know he’s the one. We never fight. He balances me out.”

Do you think Amber is getting her life on track, or are you concerned she’ll end up in rehab again?

More Amber drama!

1. Gary Shirley: I’m Not Back With Amber Portwood
  2. Gary Shirley Plans Leah’s 3rd B-Day — Will Amber Portwood Be There?
  3. Source: Amber Portwood Parties With Different Guys Every Weekend!

Little Timmy

Posted at 10:13 AM on December 12, 2011

MAY THE JOY OF CHRISTMAS BE WITH YOU ALL. LOVE LITTLE TIMMY.

mia

Posted at 10:49 PM on December 11, 2011

so check dis out amber you my gurl for real watchin da show made understand who you are your like me “your laid back cool calm easy going and fun person” til someone decide to mess wit you now here thing wit dat i learn dat not everything someone says i have to let get under my skin nd honey you dnt want to let dat happen especially wit all the stuff you been through like your life is in the open wat people see you do can have a great decision on wat happen will happen to your child nd i hate for you to lose your child because of someone stupid or over something stupid you have start thinking of your child first through any situation just think of your babaygurl…. okay love hope read dis nd let it reay set in your mind hugs nd kisses

Sadden

Posted at 9:22 AM on December 12, 2011

Mia… Please stay in school sweetheart…

gbtw

Posted at 6:50 PM on December 8, 2011

she didn’t get pregnant at 16 b/c she’s got her act together. i think/hope she’s making progress in her development. but, amber, if you’re reading this… you’re a mom. you can’t go around picking fights, even with people that need to be put in their place. you need to keep yourself safe AND IN CONTROL. alcohol— not for you. times/places where you’ll have troublemakers/drunks taunting you— not for you. restaurants after bars let out, probably not the place for you. and also, if somebody is bothering you in a restaurant, it’s the management who should address it- not you. you can’t beat up all the idiots in the world, so don’t even bother with one.

Mia

Posted at 10:38 PM on December 11, 2011

i think it good that you put it in a betta frm away i read everyone else and it like there making her out to be the bad guy like these people also have part it take one to start something nd it take two too argue…she made it very clear wat it was…no i dnt dink it was somethign that shulld have took it in her own matter yeah she gotta start think bout her kid more….so im glad your not like attcking but actually helpin givin her a understand….

ummm

Posted at 12:09 PM on December 8, 2011

Blah blah blah excuses excuses blah excuses blah blah.

Kailyn

Posted at 10:30 AM on December 8, 2011

I think she’s just a bad apple to begin with. Throw this disorder crap on top of that and you got a perfect storm. Plus alcohol. I’m sure your doctors told you not to drink because alcohol can screw with these things, so why if you “hate it, and grieve over it” do you defy doctors orders? Shut up, go to rehab, come to Jesus, and be a better person.

Mike

Posted at 10:17 AM on December 8, 2011

If you have a dis order than Alcohol shoulds not be comsumed becsause it aggrivates it more—So Shut your fat mouth and dont drink ..

Courtney

Posted at 9:04 PM on December 7, 2011

She needs way more than rehab. Yeah I feel bad for her but she’s an adult and needs to learn how to deal with these things not just throw a fit and hope it goes her way.