Taylor Swift Explains Her New Bangs & The Unusual Place Where She Got The Cut

Tue, December 6, 2011 8:00pm EDT by 11 Comments

The singer was so ready for a change that she literally couldn’t wait to go to a hair salon to get the new look!

Taylor Swift tells Stylist that she was on a shoot when the hair makeover happened. “I was on a photoshoot and they wanted to do, like, clip-in bangs and straighten my hair. I just said, ‘Why don’t you just cut them?’ They did,” explains Taylor. The real million dollar question, however, is what will she do with bangs and her natural curly hair?

“I think I can figure out a way to incorporate them [the bangs], I was playing around with it in my hotel room and I think that it might work both ways, but we’ll see. It’s just fun to play around with your hair and change it up. I never change it up, so this is nice,” says Taylor.

Good for her for mixing things up! Luckily, the look works well with her winter style.

“I always seem to want to straighten my hair in the winter,” Taylor says. “And I think I just decided to go a step further this time.”

Do you love Taylor’s new look?

Get More From Our BFF’s At Glamour!

1. 50 Guys Tell the Truth About How to Be Good at Sex
  2. 13 Gorgeous Beauty Ideas Kourtesy of Kim Kardashian, Khloé Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian
  3. 10 of the Shortest Celebrity Marriages of All Time
  4. 15 Naughty-but-Oh-So-Nice Holiday Gift Ideas

Danielle

Posted at 8:37 PM on April 13, 2013

I love them! People are telling me not to get bangs but I don’t care what they say…they look wonderful on taylor swift so y can’t I give it a try???????

Darron

Posted at 11:26 PM on February 22, 2013

Her bangs and red lipstick don’t look good on her, or any girl for that matter. I really hope she goes back to the curly hair, gets a tan, and breast implants. Taylor Swift could be in every mans dreams if she wanted to, but with her ugly bangs and red lipstick, it’s just not working for me.

hi

Posted at 4:48 PM on May 18, 2013

I agree with you. I LOVE taylor, but her bangs just dont look the best. I liked it a lot better when she had curly hair. I honestly thinks she looked older with straight hair. i really dont like it.

victoria

Posted at 6:00 PM on September 30, 2012

without curly hair shes not taylor swift she was so much prettier with curly hair i hope she goes back to her old hair style

victoria

Posted at 5:57 PM on September 30, 2012

i love taylor and always will but with out the curly hair shes not taylor swift and i really hope she goes back to her curly hair

Cheryl Coker

Posted at 5:20 PM on March 8, 2012

My daughter Mikala says she like both but mostly likes curly.

Ryanps777

Posted at 9:54 AM on March 8, 2012

She is always beautiful. with bangs or not. with hair or not. She has true beauty it shines from deep in her heart.

Chicky Lala

Posted at 11:33 AM on December 10, 2011

Hmmmm….she looks a helluva lot more like Brandy, Eddie’s ex-wife. I think that’s sort of weird. Anyway, her giant forehead could use a covering, so those bangs/fringe don’t appear too hideous as long as she keeps them straight, otherwise she’ll look like she’s sporting some crazy looking babydoll chopped hair w/frizz!

William Brandt

Posted at 11:16 AM on December 6, 2011

It was long overdue. I hope she keeps this look and we never see that same dry eternal hairstyle again. She could be so hot if she wanted to.

Justin

Posted at 11:44 AM on December 6, 2011

just saying….. she already is hot

c