Model Lauren Scruggs' Face Slashed & Hand Amputated In Plane Propeller Accident

Tue, December 6, 2011 11:34am EDT by 79 Comments
Lauren Scruggs Accident

Chuckie

Posted at 1:34 AM on December 7, 2011

Oh my gosh…did you guys hear that Kim Kardashian put her hand in the sink disposal and turned it on by “accident?” She’s now missing a hand…let’s all pray for her!!

Chuckie's Friend

Posted at 10:08 PM on December 7, 2011

Haha. Good one there!

Sarah Palin accidentally slept with a hobo and got herself infected with leprosy. Let’s all pray for her!!

Exverlobter

Posted at 1:13 AM on December 7, 2011

Walking into a propeller? I thought that could happen only to the boxer-guy in “Raders of the Lost Ark”.

taylor

Posted at 12:59 AM on December 7, 2011

Ive been on a very small plane before and ive seen the propellers start up and go while in the air; You cant see them at all while they are moving, since they are moving really fast. when i looked through the window i thought ” where the hell are the propellers? ” Stop being so rude. She couldnt see them.

scallusmaximus

Posted at 12:17 PM on January 13, 2012

but I guess you (and she) could still HEAR them, right?

Chuckie

Posted at 12:34 AM on December 7, 2011

Dear Lauren,

Want to go flying when you get out of ICU…

I’ll bet you a million dollars that she’ll start up some dumb foundation for the disfigured or she’ll head up some bullcrapp advocacy for stopping planes from flying.

MARK MY WORDS SHEEPLE, IT’LL BE SOMETHING, SHE’LL DO IT!!!!

Chuckis

Posted at 12:22 AM on December 7, 2011

You sheeple are sooo retarded! If your kid walked into a running airplane propeller and you had this blog, this piece of trash would not post anything to offer any condolences…get over yourselves!!! LOSERS!!!

brandon

Posted at 7:28 PM on December 8, 2011

Chucky I would love to rearrange your face for u and then sit and laugh at ya. You’re comments are by far the dumbest and shows how fuc*ing stupid u really are.

Chuckie

Posted at 12:11 AM on December 7, 2011

Hey Vanston…do you think she’ll start doing amputee adult movies now?

Vanston

Posted at 5:31 AM on December 7, 2011

Right? “Stump Humping Babes”

Chuckie

Posted at 12:10 AM on December 7, 2011

I feel bad for the propeller…those things are expensive!!

Linda

Posted at 11:26 PM on December 6, 2011

Dear Lauren, I don’t know who you are honey, but I have said a deep heart felt prayer for you. I know you love Jesus, so do I. He will see you through this and you will have one awesome testimony to share when this is all said and done. No doubt it will get harder before it gets easier, so hang in there, and don’t give up!
You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
God Bless you sweetie,
Linda :-) (mother of 5. Grannie of 7. Wife to my #1 man of 40 years. Daughter of the King, Jesus Christ, and sister to you because of Him.)

duh

Posted at 10:18 AM on December 7, 2011

what?! are you a terrorist or something? Al Queda doesn’t say crap as nutty as that…

Alex

Posted at 11:20 PM on December 6, 2011

Hope you feel better God is always watching put for you just always remember wherever you are or whatever you’re doing do it in the light of Jesus after all he died on a cross to pay for our sins why not live for Him?stay strong and idk if ur really saved or not I hope so bc I wouldn’t mind meeting you in heaven:)well goodluck and God bless and alwYs remember everyday of ur life….let it be for the Lord

Super

Posted at 9:19 PM on December 6, 2011

That is so terrible! How can you read this article then leave mean comments? People make me sick.

sharon

Posted at 10:55 PM on December 6, 2011

I am able to recognize the many Good Samaritans who have commented. Regretfully, there are also comments by Prodigals – both stories described in the Bible. Regarding the latter, you all have some difficult lessons ahead of you to tenderize your hard hearts.

Rita

Posted at 9:08 PM on December 6, 2011

For everyone that made these rude and harsh comments it’s between you and God! I would be scared to sleep tonight knowing you said something so rude about a girl who is fighting for her life!! God help you all because you need it,. Again we all need to Pray for Lauren!!

Kristi

Posted at 9:04 PM on December 6, 2011

I am so sorry that this happened to her. I am glad to hear she has a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. He will get her through this & she will be stronger because of it. I will be praying for a speedy recovery. God bless her!!

Rita Issa

Posted at 9:00 PM on December 6, 2011

I am Praying for you Lauren, Everyday, and Pray you will have a safe and good recovery. God be with you and get you through this!

Troy

Posted at 8:19 PM on December 6, 2011

Wow! I don’t pray much, but I’m praying for you. I don’t follow you, but I read the story and my heart sank for you and your family. I hope you have a speedy recovery. It could have been so much worst.

jes

Posted at 7:10 PM on December 6, 2011

You sad excuses for human beings who are commenting negativly, you are NOTHUING And everything you say and think, is NOTHING. You are PATHETIC. And you’ll get yours…
My Heart is breakng for lauren. Xoxo

Nick in London

Posted at 6:56 PM on December 6, 2011

I’ve never watched “gossip girl” and don’t who this young woman is, but she is clearly beautiful and talented and now faces the most profound life changing scenario anyone could imagine. TBH, the lost hand is the least of her concerns. I understand she has suffered severe head and brain injury. I wish her and her family well on her (and their) long road to recovery….. Nick in London

Leslie

Posted at 4:28 PM on December 6, 2011

Those of who you who can’t comment with words of kindness are awful human beings. This is a tragic accident and her parents must be worried beyond belief. I am a mother, and I can’t imagine my child being injured so severly. My heart goes out to her and her family.

Michelle

Posted at 5:43 PM on December 6, 2011

This story has worked on me since I heard about it. I can’t even imagine the physical and emotional pain this girl and her family are going through. Maybe she was tipsy, maybe she wasn’t. It’s still a horrific accident, no matter what the circumstances. Sending prayers and healing light to the Scruggs family.

Ian

Posted at 6:00 PM on December 8, 2011

I completely agree Leslie. As hard as I try to overlook those casting dispersions on this horrible tragedy, I’m continually reminded that most of those posting their venom have come from parents who should not have had children, period.

cheryl story

Posted at 3:20 PM on December 6, 2011

My prayers go out to u and hope that all the people who left such awful remarks, that they to have such a sad thing happen in thier lives

mimi tholsted

Posted at 2:31 PM on December 6, 2011

Some of the peoples comments here are awful…….Lauren I hope you will recover I know you will – thinking to you ….

Lana

Posted at 2:23 PM on December 6, 2011

She was probably wasted.

hmm

Posted at 1:59 PM on December 6, 2011

Of course she’s a blonde. what an idiot, I mean really how the hell do you walk straight into it? this is obviously attempted suicide.

JOHN

Posted at 5:46 PM on December 6, 2011

To those that never have been around an airplane, a spinnng propeller is very hard to see, there is a lot of noise on a tarmac so you normally wear hearing protection, it’s very hard to hear a spinning propeller.

JESS

Posted at 1:43 PM on December 6, 2011

MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU LAUREN & HER FAMILY.MAY GOD STRENGTHEN YOU THROUGHOUT YOUR RECOVERY! BEST WISHES & MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS!!!!

maria

Posted at 12:24 PM on December 6, 2011

May God Bless her, her bueaty is within her. May she have a quick recovery and know that she is being prayed for.
May god cradle her in his arms and give her surgeons the tools to help heal her

God Bless maria Kusulas

cara

Posted at 12:06 PM on December 6, 2011

is she retarded? how do you not look before just walking into something… something that was MOVING none the less

Ali

Posted at 12:20 PM on December 6, 2011

Please try to be sensitive. We weren’t there and don’t know what happened. This happened at night, and she obviously misjudged how close she was to the prop. So please be nice. This is someone’s sister, daughter, and many people’s friend.

c

Posted at 1:14 PM on December 6, 2011

right – like i said.. stupid stupid girl

maria

Posted at 12:31 PM on December 6, 2011

you have to be so cold to not realize that she is in such pain, her family is probably so grateful she is alive but yet their pain for watching her go through this has to be enormous. Think before you comment. If it was someone you loved you would be more careful with your comments.

c

Posted at 1:14 PM on December 6, 2011

wahhhh you’re so right……. IMO this is just getting rid of the people who are too dumb to survive.. not my fault

V8Slap

Posted at 3:13 PM on December 6, 2011

…and IMO getting rid of someone with the likes of you would make this world a better place to live in. I do not wish it upon you but am a strong believer in karma.

Jess

Posted at 2:54 AM on December 7, 2011

To my recollection, she did survive…. who’s the dumb one now? :P

Chelsea

Posted at 1:24 PM on December 6, 2011

seriously? it was at night. if she was an editor and founded a mag (which takes a lot of skill and smarts), I’d have to say it’s pretty clear she’s NOT ‘retarded’. wow. so insensitive.

this is such a sad story. my heart goes out to her, family, friends and anyone who was there to witness the accident.

Chuckie

Posted at 12:56 AM on December 7, 2011

My heart goes out to children with no food in the U.S. You have some awesome priorities!!!

brandon

Posted at 7:00 PM on December 8, 2011

You jackoffs and your immature rude comments make me wish u got part of your body chopped off! Have some freaking respect.

J P

Posted at 7:06 PM on December 6, 2011

Cara, so you’re saying that you’ve never had an accident (even small ones) yourself? Are you super-human and can predict the future? WOW. Congratulations.

oh dear

Posted at 12:00 PM on December 6, 2011

this is terrible! :(

Tracey

Posted at 2:41 PM on December 6, 2011

Lauren,we will be praying for you and your family. Your life has changed and God will be there for you when it gets so hard you think you cant do it! Keep the positive inside and the negative out.

Traici

Posted at 3:33 PM on December 6, 2011

well okay but planes are normally pretty much LOUD things… so she must be a blonde -_-

Sofia

Posted at 5:37 PM on December 6, 2011

I can not believe those comments, bunch of envious losers, shame on all of you (with some exceptions of course)
By the way I am a Latin brunette. Blondes are not my favorite; but in this case she could be blonde, green hair, red hair, retarded, she could be wasted…all that is stupid and totally irrelevant. It was a terrible accident, I feel for her and her family. God gives them the strength to face the recuperation process which will be probably as bad.

Chuckie

Posted at 12:55 AM on December 7, 2011

Latin brunette, you’ve sparked my interest…send me some pictures baby!