Lauren Scruggs Has A 'Long Road Ahead,' Says Childhood Friend

Tue, December 6, 2011 5:23pm EST by 84 Comments
Lauren Scruggs

Allie

Posted at 1:37 AM on December 7, 2011

How very sad, I’m sure if this was someone close to those who are leaving mean comments, you wouldn’t be calling your daughter/son, your spouse, your parent, etc, a retard, an idiot, stupid. It doesn’t matter, it is still very sad! Best of luck to Lauren!

A

Posted at 1:28 AM on December 7, 2011

Ironic that this happened to a vain person…right?

Liz Apple

Posted at 1:42 AM on December 7, 2011

And you know she is vain just because she is a model? Wrong. Not all models are vain.

But, message board trolls are usually obnoxious and attention-seeking.

Liz Apple's Father

Posted at 2:02 AM on December 7, 2011

You’re wrong there dear. Most models are vain. The fact that she is a whorring blogger just makes her chances that much higher. That she is a blond basically seals it.

David s

Posted at 7:01 AM on December 7, 2011

Do your research on the Scruggs family. They are great people and you will have a nice trip to hell.
Blonde and a blogger makes a person bad ? Lauren and her family are the perfect examples of how people should treat each other. Quit talking out of ignorance you spineless, heartless coward.
Bring it little man.

David's Friend

Posted at 9:51 PM on December 7, 2011

Hi there David. I’ve known you for quite some time and here’s where i put my foot down.

Obviously you don’t know the Scruggs family. What you know is from what you have read online and you’ve only read the masked side of them. Come on man, are you that self-righteous to defend people not known to you like a religious fanatic? You disappoint me man and all your co-workers are going to know about this.

Your little man ain’t worth talking about so don’t go trying to be all Rambo around here. That’s just small of you :)

David s

Posted at 6:55 AM on December 7, 2011

You obviously don’t know her or her family. Do some research on them to see what great people they are. Just because she is pretty doesn’t mean she’s vain. You should be glad most people don’t judge the book by the cover because my guess is that you are sitting around surrounded by candy wrappers and 15 cats that are your only friends while you apply acne cream. I hope you never get into an accident because it would suck for nobody to post anything about you since few people probably want to be around you and since cats and ice cream cones can’t type.

Kerrie

Posted at 2:17 PM on December 7, 2011

So she deserved to get her face slashed and her hand cut off because she looks good? You don’t sound like you should be judging anyone’s character… just saying.

Kerrie

Posted at 12:23 AM on December 7, 2011

Sure, she’s in the news probably because she’s a model but it doesn’t matter how I heard about her. I couldnt care less what she looks like, I watched her parents cry on the news and I felt so bad for them. I can’t believe some of the comments. I’m 17 and I’m mature enough to know better than to kick someone while they are down. That’s so low.

Kerrie

Posted at 12:12 AM on December 7, 2011

I feel so much for her. How can people be so mean and negative? This poor girl is suffering and it’s not funny. Imagine if it were you in her place. She’s a very sweet girl from what I understand, so don’t judge her based on her looks. Accidents are just so awful. I can’t imagine what her parents are feeling. Many prayers and POSITIVE thoughts to Lauren, her family and friends.

repoed2

Posted at 10:55 PM on December 6, 2011

I mean think about it, yes she may and hopefully she does recover, but her modeling career is over. She lost her hand, her face will never be the same, and she might lose her sight in one eye. How is it funny that she can’t pursue her career anymore?

repoed2

Posted at 10:51 PM on December 6, 2011

The people making smart comments probably wouldn’t be so mean if it were someone they knew or were a fan of, how someone could find humor in this tragedy is appalling.

Yes, there are tragedies every day around the world, and yes the news might be making a huge deal about this because she’s a blonde supermodel, but just because she is a blonde supermodel doesn’t make it any less tragic. Nobody should have to experience this.

Thintheheard

Posted at 11:29 PM on December 6, 2011

People like us who make light of situations like this are humored by the fact that people think they are invincible, yet lack intelligence enough to stand clear of the swirly twirly blades of death. I’m glad she didn’t die cuz maybe she will use this experience to build her common sense and maybe, just maybe, she will share this information with any of her idiot friends. If not, maybe next time she will walk in to a jet turbine and fate will get the job done right.

David s

Posted at 8:37 AM on December 7, 2011

Lack intelligence? You’re the one who sounds like an idiot you heartless punk. You make me sick. She lost her hand. At least she still had a heart, soul, and friends. You’re just a punk and I would love to out you in ICU. Please reply with contact info so I can rearrange your face. Feel free to finish reading your comic book and playing with your action figures before you respond you dork.

repoed2's brother

Posted at 2:06 AM on December 7, 2011

Wrong. Firstly, she’s just a common model and not a supermodel.

Secondly, she can still be a model after recovering from this. A model for others that stupidity reaps their own rewards.

Michael c. Hall

Posted at 10:44 PM on December 6, 2011

I pray for you Lauren
My God be with you and see you to a quick recovery.
You will always be beautiful and sweet!
You are In our prayers

The Hall family

RonaldHQ

Posted at 10:40 PM on December 6, 2011

I pray that you can overcome this terrible moment, Lauren.
God Be With You.

Rosanne Indermill

Posted at 9:14 PM on December 6, 2011

I was saddened to hear about the tragic accident that occurred on Saturday to Miss Lauren and will pray for her along with my family. God bless Lauren and her family, friends and loved one’s at this time of recovery.

Wang Chung

Posted at 6:14 PM on December 6, 2011

Regardless of her I.Q or her looks, she’s still a human being – born and bred in the USA. If you people want to pick on someone, pick on the illegals and Muslim / Terrorist immi-grunts, they’re the ones that have and continue to ruin the AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE !!! Hope she recovers well with not too much pain and suffering.

im a muslim.

Posted at 1:34 AM on December 7, 2011

racist much??? i know you’re probably only trying to make Lauren feel better but seriously, your comment is very hurtful. I’m a Muslim but I’m definitely NOT a terrorist.

Stop being judgemental, just because someone’s a Muslim that doesn’t make him/her a bad person, just like how people say that Americans are stupid that doesn’t make it true.

human being

Posted at 1:39 AM on December 7, 2011

“she’s still a human being”, well, last I checked “illegals and Muslim / Terrorist immi-grunts” are also humans. that doesn’t give you the right to pick on them, especially the ones who didn’t do anything wrong. Terrorists? fine, laugh about them, but not all Muslims are terrorists. get your fact straight.

Brit

Posted at 2:09 AM on December 7, 2011

Ya, stupid americans and their way of logic. No wonder they are a big target for all in the world. Because of in-bred idiots like this who thinks this way.

oops

Posted at 8:59 AM on December 7, 2011

We should’ve left england on their own during WW2…. you’d be typing in German right now, or even Russian, that is IF your family survived.

ROTFLMAO

Posted at 9:02 AM on December 7, 2011

SOME muslims aren’t terrorist, while 98% of all terrorists ARE muslim.

You’re such a tard

OMG

Posted at 9:06 AM on December 7, 2011

Not all muslims are terrorists but 98% of ALL terrorists ARE muslim.
what a tard.

DongChow

Posted at 6:06 PM on December 6, 2011

Its terrible and i think there was a lapse in safetey here somewhere with airport or aircraft personnel. I wish her a a complete recovery.

commonsense

Posted at 6:05 PM on December 6, 2011

well said!

Concerned

Posted at 2:22 AM on December 7, 2011

Her news should have NOT have drawn national attention like this. She would not want this not wish this whatsoever. How or why it has is unbeknownst to me.

snowbal

Posted at 6:04 PM on December 6, 2011

Instead of smart remarks we all should be lifting her and her family up in praise tragedy not matter what type can happen to all of us my prayers go out to her and her family!

Mark

Posted at 6:00 PM on December 6, 2011

Safety protocol lacking. FAA needs to review and revise procedures, (as does at least one pilot). Cut engines and have props stop completely before boarding or deboarding. Tragic accident. Should never have occurred.

Jamie

Posted at 6:51 PM on December 6, 2011

My thoughts exactly Mark. She should not have been able to be anywhere near an operating prop.

Thintheheard

Posted at 11:21 PM on December 6, 2011

There we go, put the blame not on she who doesn’t feel the breeze coming from the six foot fan rotating inches from her body or hear the noise from the exhaust (cuz plane engines are ohh so silent). But on anyone else…. why don’t we blame the person who drove her to the airport because its their fault she was there. Or maybe even her school teachers for not educating her that a large propeller made of any hard material spinning at a few hundred rpms WILL HURT if you touch it. Or many we should blame her parents for dropping her on her head when she was an infant. Or maybe still we can just blame her for being an effing retard.

Rachael

Posted at 2:04 AM on December 7, 2011

To the people who feel it is necessary to make hateful comments you need to take a second and make a rational thought before you say something hateful. No one knows exactly what really happened yet what if the plane was turned off and the propeller was winding down who knows. So before you say something ugly put some thought in what your about to say. And in a situation like this if you are going to be hateful keep it to yourself no one wants to see that because it was a really low move and it shows how low of a person you are. Why is there always someone who makes fun of a bad situation? Why can’t we all have something nice to say? Best wishes to the Scruggs family you are in my thoughts and prayers.

David s

Posted at 8:45 AM on December 7, 2011

I would love to smash your face. The world needs fewer people like you. You are a disgusting person with an ugly personality and flawed thought process. I’m not hateful, but in this case, I would enjoy ripping you apart. I’m sure you are just a jealous punk that has been turned down by girls. So now you strike back. Regardless of kooks, wealth , power, intelligence… Etc, nobody is better than anyone else. Do some soul searching you punk.

cara

Posted at 5:57 PM on December 6, 2011

A. She doesnt look like a model.. B. She walked into a blade?!?!?!?!?!?!?! REALLY

goobers

Posted at 5:54 PM on December 6, 2011

Talk about a blonde moment!

C G BR Man

Posted at 5:54 PM on December 6, 2011

“Like Oh My God… I can’t believe I just walked into a propeller!”

LoL!!! Dumb blonde!!!

Kenny

Posted at 5:52 PM on December 6, 2011

HOW DO YOU GET HIT BY A PROPELLOR BLADE? WHO DOES THAT?

Just some dude.

Posted at 5:52 PM on December 6, 2011

While not downplaying the tragic accident that occurred, and her hopeful full recovery, the entire world is, most certainly, not awaiting updates on her condition. To suggest such is to downplay unarguably greater tragedies.

pimp c

Posted at 5:50 PM on December 6, 2011

proves blondes are not too smart

David s

Posted at 8:49 AM on December 7, 2011

Your comment proves you are a heartless idiot. Reality is that if this happened to someone like you, nobody would care because you obviously don’t care about her. I would be happy to disfigure you. Punk.

bill

Posted at 5:49 PM on December 6, 2011

Perfect place for this gossip style of writing. Chloe, you are SUCH a gifted writer and you are SO amazing!

pongman

Posted at 5:43 PM on December 6, 2011

It’s so sad to hear about this. I wish her all the best in the world. I’m certain with her family and friends beside her she’ll make a great recovery.

Shirley Rowley

Posted at 5:43 PM on December 6, 2011

I will keep you in my prayers.God is with you every step you take with your recovery. Take care. SHIRLEY

Bama

Posted at 5:40 PM on December 6, 2011

May God be with you.

The Cardinal

Posted at 5:37 PM on December 6, 2011

So where are the after pics?

lpr

Posted at 5:47 PM on December 6, 2011

That question is about the most insensitive comment I’ve seen. This beautiful woman is still in ICU. As much as I want to, I’m refraining from wishing a tragic accident even worse than this one on you.

nenane

Posted at 5:52 PM on December 6, 2011

karma for you the cardinal!

David s

Posted at 8:51 AM on December 7, 2011

Dick. Quit hiding behind your computer you spineless punk. Please let me beat your face with my fist.