'Once Upon A Time': Which Character Is Dying Next Week?

Mon, December 5, 2011 6:10pm EDT by 18 Comments

Someone in Storybrooke is finding their unhappily ever after next Sunday, so it’s time play ‘Guess the Corpse!’

The Grim Reaper may not be an official fairy tale character, but he’s still making his way for Storybrooke… and just in time for the Dec. 11 episode of Once Upon A Time! We’ve known for a few weeks about the impending vacancy — the victim’s fairy tale counterpart will still be seen in flashbacks — but with the major killing now less than a week away, we can really start to cook up some wild theories. So who do YOU think will be saying sayonara to Storybrooke?

We already know that said corpse is someone who exists in both Storybrooke and the fairy tale world, so that eliminates Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Henry (Jared Gilmore.) And considering how vital they are to the real-world drama, I think it’s also safe to rule out Regina (Lana Parrilla), Mr. Gold (Robert Carlyle), David (Josh Dallas) and Mary Margaret (Ginnifer Goodwin.)

But as far as I’m concerned, everyone else is a potential dead man (or woman) walking. Granny (Beverley Elliott), Ruby (Meghan Ory), Dr. Whale (David Anders), Archie (Raphael Sbarge) — literally anyone could wind up in a coffin by the end of the hour.

As much as it pains me to say this, my money is on Sheriff Graham (Jamie Dornan.) The Dec. 11 episode focuses on the Sheriff as he begins to remember his fairy tale self, and as you can imagine, this ruffles Regina’s feathers. Considering she killed her own father to enact the curse as the Evil Queen, do you really think she’d hesitate to kill her casual lover to ensure the curse stays active?

Watch a preview of the Dec. 11 episode below, then vote for the character YOU think will bite the dust next:

Loading video...

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter to talk Once Upon A Time

Lauren

Posted at 11:13 PM on February 23, 2012

I think whole cast does a great job! May the holy spirit be with you as you discern your path that you all have.I feel if you want to drop it:
Godspell and Joseph and technicolor coat could be a light for a some sing there path!

In Christ Always!

Crystal

Posted at 9:11 PM on December 11, 2011

The one hot guy other then prince charming and they kill him off???? Im done watching this show. Writers, I would have rather seen the dr get killed off….not the CUTE IRISH MAN :( You have officially spoiled my sundays :<

paocspa

Posted at 3:05 AM on December 24, 2011

HA youre sad

Jace

Posted at 12:59 PM on December 8, 2011

I swear if they kill the sheriff I Will stop watching, I can’t wait for Sunday when they kiss

Valery

Posted at 8:09 AM on December 6, 2011

It’s the sheriff, look at this photos taken on the set a few months ago: http://www.flickr.com/photos/oltvimages/6232009977/in/photostream/

Brie

Posted at 4:07 AM on December 6, 2011

If you look at imdb, both dr. Whale AND Kathryn are only there for three shows. What is confusing is that Kathryn has already been in 3 shows so does that mean that if she is one of the ones killed- that it won’t actually show her?

Amy

Posted at 11:35 PM on December 5, 2011

Looks like Kathryn is killed off. She is only slated for 3 episodes. Everyone else has more episodes. The sheriff has 22 episodes. Ruby has 7 and they go into 2012. Wonder if the wolf will kill her as she waits in the carriage for charming to return.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:22 AM on December 6, 2011

That’s not a bad theory about her getting killed in the carriage, but I have a feeling it’s a bigger character than Kathryn.

NJJoany

Posted at 5:39 PM on December 7, 2011

I picked her prior to going to IMDB because if she dies, it will free up Charming/ Nolan for Mary Margaret who is his true love ( as we all know). I cannot see them killing off the sherif because I saw a still of him and Jennifer Morrison kissing. I think he’s her love interest.

Lilly

Posted at 9:55 PM on December 5, 2011

although everything is pointin to the sheriff i refuse to believe it until i watch it and when i watch it i will always have hope that he will return! How i can accept he’s leaving?He is MY huntshman for the love of god! Those two writers really start to get on my nerves.First it was Boone in lost and now there is a chance the sheriff in ouat will go to?i hate those guys!

Kari

Posted at 7:43 PM on December 5, 2011

I actually think it won’t be Graham, as all the descriptions I’ve found point to him remembering while people are already grieving.

Alyse

Posted at 7:32 PM on December 5, 2011

I kinda hope it’s Kathryn I just don’t like her.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:23 AM on December 6, 2011

I think that’s something we can ALL agree on :)

Sharon

Posted at 7:04 PM on December 5, 2011

I’m guessing Dr. Whale or Graham. Popular vote seems to believe Whale’s the wolf, which facts have yet to be brought to my attention, however if it’s true there are several promo pictures of Graham facing off against a wolf…still deciding if that’s worth considering. I’m attached to neither so I really don’t mind which one kicks it.
Also, we know it’s not Rumpel/Mr. Gold because episode 8 is apparently all about him (both Gold in Storybrooke and Rumpel in fairytale land) and along with the Beauty and the Beast plot line of episode 12, that episode will also prominently feature him and his past.
It’s not Regina, she, too, is featured in upcoming episodes (even the idea of them killing off the main villain so soon in the series is laughable).
As for Ruby/Granny, I doubt it’s either, however on imdb it says they’re both in only a handful of episodes. Then again the actor who plays Dr. Whale was only written as being part of 3 episodes and he’s already been in three and I assume he will be in more so I don’t think one can rely on whatever imdb says.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:23 AM on December 6, 2011

Yeah, my money’s on the sheriff… even if it is too obvious based on the promo.

Ashley

Posted at 3:46 PM on December 5, 2011

I have a feeling it’s the sheriff also (have they shown who he is yet?) Bc if he is the huntsmen that was suppose to kill Snow White but helped her (against the queens orders) and now is helping Emma (against the mayors wishes) I’m sure it will piss someone off enough to kill.

Katherine

Posted at 3:01 PM on December 5, 2011

Looking into the background to the end of the sneak peek there is the figure of a wolf and red riding hood so I guess that maybe is the wolf from the story, that now will show up and the huntsman(the sheriff)is going to kill him. Besides on imbd the actor who plays the huntsman will be on the 22 chapters of the season so there is no way that he is the one to get kill on the next episode.

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:17 PM on December 5, 2011

Keep in mind, the actor will still be on the show… just not as their Storybrooke character.