Did Taylor Swift Slam Miley Cyrus Again?

Mon, December 5, 2011 9:46pm EST by 128 Comments

Not only does Taylor Swift NOT want to be a bad girl, now she also appears to get a new dig in at Miley Cyrus, who appears to embrace her naughty side.

Being a role model for young women is important to Taylor Swift, 21. Very important!

She told Katie Couric in a recent 60 Minutes interview that, “I definitely think about a million people when I’m getting dressed in the morning and that’s just part of my life now,” Taylor said. “I think it’s my responsibility to know it and be conscious of it.”

She also made a point in the 60 Minutes interview of saying she felt a responsibility to help raise the next generation.

Now in a new interview with Katie Couric at the Billboard Women of the Year Awards on Friday, December 2, she stressed to Katie and the audience that she’s “not repressing this burning desire to be drunk right now” and “doesn’t feel like getting any tattoos.”

She also said Faith Hill was an inspiration to her since Faith took being a role model seriously. “For me, when Faith Hill performed on an awards show, everything mattered — everything mattered — everything she said said, did, wore I tried to copy it. That’s what little girls do, so there is a big responsibility and I take it very seriously.”

So was this all a dig at Miley who has famously said she doesn’t want to be a role model and wants to be a “normal” teenager?

Miley, now 19, told Harper’s Bazaar magazine that she wants people to stop giving her a hard time for wearing skimpy outfits because she’s “not a role model.”

“My job isn’t to tell your kids how to act or how not to act because I’m still figuring that out myself,” she told the magazine. “To take that away from me is a bit selfish. Your kids are going to make mistakes whether I do or not.”

Clearly Taylor has a VERY different point of view than Miley and she isn’t shy about expressing it. Miley meanwhile was criticized widely last week for calling herself a “stoner” and saying she smoked “way too much f***ing weed” in a recent video taped at her 19th birthday party.

Maybe Miley will feel differently in two years when she’s 21 like Taylor.

In the meantime, do you think Taylor is directing her comments at Miley? And if so, is she being too hard on her?

Tell us what you think, Hollywoodlifers!

– Bonnie Fuller

More Taylor Swift!

1. Taylor Swift Is Sick Of The Office & Misses Her Boyfriend In ‘Ours’ Music Video
  2. Best Dressed In Hollywood This Week: Kate Hudson, Taylor Swift & More
  3. Selena Gomez V. Taylor Swift: Which BFF Had The Bigger Wardrobe Malfunction?

More Miley Cyrus!

1. Miley Cyrus: Her Sexy New No-Underwear Pics
  2. ‘Miley Cyrus’ Gets Stoned On ‘Saturday Night Live’
  3. Miley Cyrus: Her Hottest Sideboob Shoot Yet

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Paul

Posted at 2:32 PM on December 20, 2012

Hello.I think Miley has a point.In which world are you living? Everyone is gonna make mistakes.
Let the kids life.When I think of the 80ties,everyone was partying had a good time.And did those people turned out to be bad.No of course not.That is just pathetic.There is nothing wrong with drinking a bit and partying if you don’t do it over the top.Miley is just living a life like every young person does.Just look to Europe.they don’t act like that.The young people going out,having fun and still go to school or hit the uni.

me

Posted at 8:50 PM on December 22, 2011

Good for Taylor. And Taylor is right. Oh, and the only “normal teens” who act like Miley are the skanks who everyone takes advantage of.

miley sucks

Posted at 12:50 AM on December 20, 2011

she can’t sing, act or be a decent person. miley is a cheap ugly slut

taytayswift

Posted at 9:13 PM on December 18, 2011

miley your fallin down a drain:

fall faster

jerry boucher

Posted at 2:40 PM on December 16, 2011

Between the 2 Miley is the obvious star because of her acting ability so I think with Taylor maybe its a case of sour grapes

ur ur retarded

Posted at 12:54 AM on December 20, 2011

miley can’t act. she was voted worst actress for the last song

Sparksfly

Posted at 9:52 AM on December 14, 2011

I think that when a person is in the limelight, whether it’s a celebrity or an older sibling or simply someone that another person looks up to. It’s that person responsibility to be a wholesome individual. Taylor Swift is not calling out any particular person as being less of a human being. She’s simply giving her opinion and reasons why she does what she does. Who are we to judge her based off of her decisions and why are people being so negative towards her when she’s choosing to do something that many people aren’t willing to do themselves?

MileyForever

Posted at 8:58 AM on December 14, 2011

Taylor ci ha rotto il cazzo!Non la sopporto più!Ma perche non si fa i cazzi suoi!

shaw

Posted at 9:38 PM on December 13, 2011

I find taylor as fake as they come, she smile but she like to take digs at people. I find taylor to be a backstabber and a hypocrite, miley was her friend and ever since she started to hangout with selena homez she acting like her, well selena and taylor are both hypocrites, and neither one can’t sing, taylor at least try but she don’t have the vocals like miley and the thought that miley gets hotter boyfriend and she can’t even keep one just make taylor envious of miley.

shaw is an idiot

Posted at 12:49 AM on December 20, 2011

ur a miley fan and ur calling selena a hoe? miley is a bigger hoe than anybody else in showbiz. moron

zainel

Posted at 6:16 PM on December 13, 2011

if iw ould be a motehr i would be very proud to miley..cos at teh very young age she is so honet on herself saying that even her self is still figuring out how to act…… taylor is a plastic..

Leslie

Posted at 10:14 PM on December 12, 2011

IF Taylor’s statement is directing at Miley, to think they were once best friends? And if this statements means that Taylor’s bashing Miley, as a girl, I know that most girls don’t talk about other girls unless they’re jealous of that girl or think of her as competition.. hmm..? I doubt that she’s aiming for Miley anyway, so screw this article.

steve jobs

Posted at 7:16 PM on December 12, 2011

Miley Cyrus’ and Taylor Swift aren’t evening in the same category Miley Cyrus’ is more like a battle ship going to war while Taylor Swift is a princess as a father of two daughters I would be honored for either of my girls to look up to Taylor as there role model not saying I wouldn’t love them either way just saying I just don’t think Miley’s personality earns the respect of a young lady surely not someone I would respect

asasasasasasas

Posted at 10:57 AM on December 12, 2011

I love Mileeeeeeeeeeeey, :)

kayla

Posted at 1:42 AM on December 8, 2011

okay I find it a bit werid that people are saying that she is not talking about miley think about people she started saying this stuff after miley started wearing these clothes I mean why would she just pop out of nowhere and say these things. I have been a miley cyrus fan since the start of her career and i am still a fan of her i can see her point it is not her responsbility to make your kids see from right or wrong I mean really everybody makes mistakes and everybody does their own thing I mean a lot of celerbitys do crazy things and all of a sudden miley is a person that can’t make a mistake I cn see that people are shocked about her doing this but you have got to remeber people she is not a little girl anymore she is a adult let her live her life and true miley fans would not care about they would have her back

flor cuevas

Posted at 12:09 PM on December 7, 2011

thank God we still have women like taylor,you can still be idolized by millions even if your a good girl.you don’t have to be vulgar just to be popular.keep it up taylor.

bridget

Posted at 2:31 PM on December 7, 2011

i agree evryone thinks its cool to be bad now but i think people should just be themselves why cant miley be the great and good young women she is

lexa

Posted at 12:08 PM on December 7, 2011

I love miley !!!she definitely inspired me to wear bondage clothes and show my friggin’ vagina to everyone..and because of that i get the boys in the yard..oh thank you miley you are so awesome! ill try weed next time!!MWAH!

are you kidding

Posted at 3:38 PM on December 8, 2011

you’ve got to be kidding me. posting this comment just shows how immature and stupid you are

cs

Posted at 3:09 AM on December 9, 2011

LOLLLLL !!!
hahahahaha!! :p
a hater pretending to be a fan so she can prove hater’s points! :p
Lol .. just grow up “LEXA”, u’ll know when it happens..
until then, just stfu .. it keeps ur dignity better! ;)

damn gal

Posted at 12:19 PM on December 14, 2011

arent you ashamed of posting this comment?

wen

Posted at 9:47 AM on December 7, 2011

for me i really love miley cuz she s soo reallll!!! i love HER that way and i dont like fake people but i know taylor s not referring miley!! but im not a fan of her:)

dg.k

Posted at 7:29 AM on December 7, 2011

WHAT THE HELL TAYLOR! I soo loved Taylor before but now this news has made me disgust her. I can’t believe that the girl who is saying such things has once been Miley’s BFF. Selena really changed Taylor. Well, at least Miley is real.

Stereo

Posted at 9:49 PM on December 12, 2011

You’re joking right?

Katherine

Posted at 10:28 AM on December 13, 2011

taylor swift is an amazing role model and inspiration. this article never said that she directly aimed the comments at miley. she spoke about her values, and didn’t mention anyone else. i support both taylor and miley.

DISGUSTED

Posted at 12:23 AM on December 7, 2011

Are you freakin’ kidding me? How does Taylor’s statement even REMOTELY refer SPECIFICALLY to Miley Cyrus? Are you people running out of material to write about? Demi Lovato has tattoos, SELENA GOMEZ has a small cross on her wrist or hand or arm or whatever. This statement is NO WHERE NEAR relating to Miley Cyrus. This article disgusts me.

Swift

Posted at 7:29 PM on December 6, 2011

Ohmigod, seriously ? Taylor is just speaking the truth there. And NO ONE ever mentioned Miley anywhere. They are different and they don’t even have the same age. Let them both do whatever they want. This is not a contest, both Miley and Taylor do amazing things to help people in need. Judging one of them is disrespectful. If Miley wants to be a ‘normal’ teen, let her be one. Taylor is major & an adult, she decides what she wants to do. Taylor does plenty of things for her fans & is in no way a fake, mean & bad rolemodel. She works hard & has other things to do then partying & smoking weed. If Miley wants to do it, then good for her. Just get the point that EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT !

Seriously.

Posted at 7:18 PM on December 6, 2011

Taylor didn’t even mention Miley. Why do you media always have to create drama? You know that Taylor is direct in everything she says. Why would she bash on Miley anyways? Taylor minds her own business and if saying her opinion about being a role model is making you feel like it is about Miley, then you are the one making it be for Miley. I bet Taylor has nothing against her. You just mess things up and don’t recognize that you will not only hurt Taylor but Miley too so for if you can’t notice, you’re not winning anything.

factfinder

Posted at 12:24 PM on December 14, 2011

taylor was just minding her business, she didn’t talk ’bout miley. you guys just wanna make them extreme enemies.no need to guess. mind your own business.

Life

Posted at 7:12 PM on December 6, 2011

She didn’t even mention Miley.

The Boy

Posted at 4:29 PM on December 16, 2011

On Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana

I now make it my earnest prayer, that God would have you, and the State over which you preside, in his holy protection; that he would incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another, for their fellow citizens of the United States at large; and, particularly, for their brethren who have served in the Geld; and finally, that he would most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacifick temper of the mind, which were the characteristicks of the divine Author of our blessed religion ; without an humble imitation of whose example, in these things, we can never hope to be a happy Nation. am become a private citizen on the banks of the Potomac, and under the shadow of my own Vine and my own Fig-tree, free from the bustle of a camp and the busy scenes of public life, I am solacing myself with those tranquil enjoyments, of which the Soldier who is ever in pursuit of fame, the Statesman whose watchful days and sleepless nights are spent in devising schemes to promote the welfare of his own, perhaps the ruin of other countries, as if this globe was insufficient for us all, and the Courtier who is always watching the countenance of his Prince, in hopes of catching a gracious smile, can have very little conception. I am not only retired from all public employments, but I am retiring within myself; and shall be able to view the solitary walk, and tread the paths of private life with heartfelt satisfaction. Envious of none, I am determined to be pleased with all; and this my dear friend, being the order for my march, I will move gently down the stream of life, until I sleep with my Fathers

Swifty13

Posted at 7:12 PM on December 6, 2011

Taylor’s Miley bestfriend, Taylor’s a Role Model for her fans and Miley’s have a Young fans, the fans always copy herhis idol, that’s why Miley can’t do a bad things! She has a young fans, I’m a Smiler too but if smiler do like this I never want to be smiler again!

Kelley

Posted at 7:09 PM on December 6, 2011

Love Miley! She’s as real as they come!

The Boy

Posted at 5:43 PM on December 6, 2011

On Miley Cyrus (mentor)

Research has shown that there is an effective program for preventing steroid abuse among players on high school sports teams. In the ATLAS (for guys) and ATHENA (for girls) programs, coaches and sports team leaders discuss the potential effects of anabolic steroids and other illicit drugs on immediate sports performance, and they teach how to refuse offers of drugs. They also discuss how strength training and proper nutrition can help adolescents build their bodies without the use of steroids. Later, special trainers teach the players proper weightlifting techniques. An ongoing series of studies has shown that this multi-component, team-centered approach reduces new steroid abuse by 50 percent and, at the same time, produces the kind of athletic performance that the teen desires
In addition, people who inject anabolic steroids may share non-sterile “works,” or drug injection equipment, that can spread life-threatening viral infections such as HIV/AIDS or hepatitis, which causes serious damage to the liver.

In some rare cases, yes. When steroids enter the body, they go to different organs and muscles. Steroids are not friendly to the heart. In rare cases, steroid abuse can create a situation where the body may be susceptible to heart attacks and strokes, which can be fatal. Here’s how: Steroid use can lead to a condition called atherosclerosis, which causes fat deposits inside arteries to disrupt blood flow. When blood flow to the heart is blocked, a heart attack can occur. If blood flow to the brain is blocked, a stroke can result

carly

Posted at 5:30 PM on December 6, 2011

Alright, what Taylor Swift said is clearly not directed at Miley. So don’t get ahead of yourselves and jump to the conclusion that it is. Miley does her own thing and dresses however she wants and Taylor does her own thing. Role
model-wise obviously Taylor is a better one. And believe me Taylor helps A LOT with charity, but lets not keep tabs here on who is doing what. And “Yasmin” you need to know stuff before you say it. Taylor doesn’t act like “I’m a celebrity she has stated in interviews that she is going to continue to go out in public and do normal things. And when she does go out in public she will take a minute and take pictures with fans. Come on…