'The X Factor's' Simon Cowell Is A Bigger Baby Than Teens Astro & Drew

Fri, December 2, 2011 12:30pm EDT by 15 Comments
Simon Cowell X Factor

Oh Simon! Young Astro, 15, and Drew, 14, handled their eliminations from last night (Dec. 15th) results show without the immature hissy fit that you seemed to be having.

Simon CowellThe X Factor IS a competition and two contestants had to be eliminated last night. It was shocking that you stormed out of your seat and refused to talk to the other judges after your mentee Drew Ryniewicz was voted off by Paula, Nicole and LA Reid.

First you begged your fellow judges to save Drew from elimination. “The reason Drew is in this position is my fault. I take full responsibility … I’m the reason you’re there .. I should have listened to the others and not done such a slow song … I’m BEGGING these two (Paula and Nicole) to give her another chance I genuinely think America wants Drew to stay,” you pleaded.

Drew sobbed loudly, VERY loudly, not surprisingly, once her fate was sealed. And of course, that’s to be expected.

But Simon, for you to be so seriously upset with the other judges. To be stoney faced, refuse to give any final words to the judgers and to callously say, “and thank you to everyone who bothered to vote,” just said “sore loser.”

Even Astro, who had an episode of bad attitude a couple of weeks ago, reacted to his elimination with complete grace and maturity last night. He told viewers: “It’s for the better, I will be back, Team Astro,” and then wished the other contestants the “best of luck.”

Later he told Hollywoodlife.com exclusively: “This is just the beginning for me … The X Factor show opened up a wide door for me and it was a pleasure being here. I wouldn’t change a thing …”

Meanwhile Drew reserved her final shout-out for Jesus. “Jesus loves all of you guys. I haven’t gotten a chance to sya that and that’s what I’m really here for. I haven’t had a chance to say that and now I’m saying it.”

In any case, Simon, please be the grown-up in the future and leave the drama for the contestants on stage!

— Bonnie Fuller

More X Factor News!

1. ‘X Factor’ Results: Which Youngsters Were Eliminated After Michael Jackson Week?
  2. Eliminated ‘X Factor’ Contestant Drew Ryniewicz: ‘I Really Want A Clothing Line’
  3. ‘X Factor’ Finalist Astro Planning Mix Tape After Elimination
  4. Justin Bieber Tweets Support To Drew Ryniewicz After ‘X Factor’ Elimination

Joy S. de Leon

Posted at 10:10 AM on December 3, 2011

I thought X Factor is show of talent and ability with big X. I didn’t know it was a show of Mentor’s argument and spiteness!!!!!!!..

Just because they dislike Simon the mentor , they would eliminate the mentee?????

Simon ur such in a LOUSY SHOW!!!

frances

Posted at 10:17 PM on December 2, 2011

hey bonnie fuller, do you know what being an author is supposed to entail? someone whose actually informed. obviously you’re unqualified to write anything especially since it is clear from this piece how bias and uninformed you are about the subject you’re writing about. please refrain from writing such garbage its a slap in the face to literary integrity.

jackie

Posted at 5:20 AM on December 3, 2011

Like :) Simon was annoyed because Drew did not deserve to go home over Marcus, it was ridiculous. You can hear that in a karaoke bar, Drew is original and amazing. The judges were just being spiteful

Sham

Posted at 12:37 PM on December 4, 2011

at least Bonnie attempts an honest opinion and does not join the simple SIMON club…Simon lost it for his contestant…AMERICA DID NOT VOTE FOR HER…wake up you ignoramus

JJ

Posted at 10:14 PM on December 2, 2011

It’s all a drama. And Simon is the king of drama. Simon is just a baby and doesn’t like humble pie . And Drew really is just chid

bryan

Posted at 9:38 PM on December 2, 2011

this article is ridiculous. by not saying anything he acts like a child? are you serious?

that was the most professional way to handle it. it showed his dislike for the decision while not making a scene. He was the only one with a straight head last night. This crap shouldn’t even be allowed to be published.

Jasmine

Posted at 9:24 PM on December 2, 2011

Honestly I think that Simon acted perfectly fine, Marcus should of left and they all now it, the only reason they decided to keep him was so not all of simons girls were left in the comp! its ridiculous if you ask me! Simons reaction was perfect! they always say how it was simons fault but when he admitted to it and they still eliminate her when all the critique was against simon thats bull! theyre all jealous of his girls!

Mattie

Posted at 6:57 PM on December 2, 2011

I’m going to have yo disagree. Drew was sobbing loudly and shivering before they even made the vote. He went to comfort her. He give her a hug and didn’t answer any questions because he felt guilty for her leaving. He just said that it was his fault for her leaving, then saw her weeping on stage where millions of people are watching her. Of course he’s going to be stony face. Drew was one of his favorites.

PS: I think you mean ‘say’ not ‘sya’ Bonnie.

Chantal

Posted at 6:55 PM on December 2, 2011

And if your’e going to give a poll, can you lighten up on the bias? What does “no! It’s all part of the show!” mean. I vote no, because his behavior wasn’t rude. He believed in her and felt she was done a disservice. The end. But on another note, why in the world is Chris Rene still on the show??? This implies that Chris Rene beats out Astro and Drew, which he completely does not.

Chantal

Posted at 6:51 PM on December 2, 2011

This is ridiculous. I agree with gbtw. Look at the judges L.A and Nicole clearly avoiding Drew. I believe Simon felt guilty and humbled himself to ask that Drew doesn’t go home because he believes in Drew and knows America loves her, especially considering that Marcus was at the bottom TWICE. In Simon’s eyes, I’m thinking he feels not only did he potentially ruin Drew’s chances for going far, the judges kept Marcus who clearly won’t win the competition at all, whereas he feels Drew actually has a shot. I definitely think Drew had better chances than Marcus. And Marcus will definitely go home. In spite of this, the Paula and Nicole didn’t see it that way and instead sent the girl home anyway. That’s why Simon was upset with the judges. He went on stage to comfort her. He didn’t go on stage to talk. I almost feel like it would’ve seemed more stuntish if he did go on stage on speak into the mic. I thought it made more sense that he wanted to talk backstage instead. The baby tantrum thing is really silly and uninformed.

gbtw

Posted at 3:53 PM on December 2, 2011

i just thought he felt guilty and bad, not that he was being a baby. people with egos like that often do think everything is in their power- so, that he made what he considered a mistake to even have her in that position to get voted off, that was a lot for him to take. but, i didn’t think he had a tantrum, and my guess is he didn’t talk b/c he didn’t want to get emotional. not because he was being a sore loser. but, i’m a simon fan… :)

DaHarder

Posted at 5:13 PM on December 2, 2011

Simon acted like a soiled, petulant child… even more so than usual.

He sets a good example for absolutely no one, and that little ‘I’m Going To Get You’ Cowell-Scowl, as he looked down upon his fellow cast members/judges at the end of the show only shows how much of a mean-spirited, vindictive bastard he truly is.

If anyone should be fired after this season, it should be him, regardless of his position as the show’s producer.

Lily

Posted at 3:40 PM on December 2, 2011

First of all, Drew did NOT deserve to be eliminated! Simon did not storm off he casually walked up to the stage to be with his contestant. If i was him i wouldnt want to talk to the people that voted off my contestant that has worked so hard, either. Anywho, #TEAM DREW, all the way! <3

evan

Posted at 3:31 PM on December 2, 2011

You know theres a difference between “storming off” and walking up to comfort the poor girl. This post is pathetic and the writer is completely ignorant. Sorry, but please watch the damn show before talking.

jason

Posted at 2:40 PM on December 2, 2011

Err, did you even watch the show? He didn’t storm off. He went to the stage to be next to Drew. Maybe you should watch the show before you write articles and not copy what you read in Daily Fail.