'Vampire Diaries' Fans Prosecuted For Naming Son After Damon

Fri, December 2, 2011 2:32pm EDT by 9 Comments

brenda

Posted at 1:41 PM on December 17, 2011

I wanna name my son damon salvatore cause is so cool bt I have no kidz lol #2young

holly

Posted at 1:24 PM on December 3, 2011

“It’s just so obvious the French Authorities are Team Stefan”
hahahahahaha that made me laugh so much :D

sara

Posted at 1:02 PM on December 3, 2011

my name is sara,i am persian,i love very much ian,he is very beautiful,love him,love him,very much

Desi vamp

Posted at 12:46 PM on December 3, 2011

I also want to name my first son after Damon its a beautiful name

lucky

Posted at 7:18 PM on December 2, 2011

damon you are biggest evil in hollywood and you looks soooooooo horror.

Ashley Evans

Posted at 4:13 PM on December 2, 2011

Why would any government care what a family decided to name their own child? And I like the name to bad the meaning if so horrible.

disco

Posted at 4:01 PM on December 2, 2011

This name just shot to the top of my list.

With my last name it would mean: demon, bringer of death, terror, destruction.

awesome

Chloé

Posted at 2:48 PM on December 2, 2011

Actually, you made a mistake in your article. I’m french so I read the news and in fact, these people call their son “Daemon”, not because it sounded more french, but to not create a double meaning ; they didn’t want people to think immediately about Damon Salvatore when they would tell them the name of their baby. “Daemon” is a Latin word which means “demon” in english, as well in french, that’s why authority decided to take the case to court ! Damon and Daemon don’t have the same root, neither the same origin. Damon was a musician/musicologist from the Ve century before J-C, nothing to do with “Deaemon” which means Demon. If the child was called “Damon” there would be no problem, but the mother decided to change the spelling … so you guess why there is a problem is now.

titlolodu77

Posted at 2:43 PM on December 2, 2011

I’m french and yeah it’s say demon like the evilest things who live in the hell. But french government is weird. I’m sure you’re right. They’re team Stefan OMG x)