Selena Gomez Covers Katy Perry's 'The One That Got Away'

Fri, December 2, 2011 9:00pm EDT by 14 Comments
Selena Gomez Jingle Ball

Do you like Selena Gomez’s sweet acoustic version of Katy Perry’s latest hit?

Selena Gomez did more than just show off her SPANX at last night’s Jingle Ball in Sacramento. The 19-year-old performer also sang a song by one of her friends and mentors, Katy Perry.

After explaining how much Katy means to her, Selena sat on a stool and sang a simple version of “The One That Got Away.” It’s a far cry from her usual upbeat dance numbers like “Love You Like A Love Song,” but it was fun to see her switch it up.

What did you think of Selena’s rendition of Katy’s hit?

Click to see pics of Selena’s Jingle Ball wardrobe malfunction

lala

Posted at 3:59 AM on December 17, 2011

you can bearley hear her lol. maybe people could judge this version if she actually was loud enough to hear.

WHO?

Posted at 7:51 PM on December 9, 2011

IMA FAN OF SELENA BUT IM A BIGGGER FAN OK KATY SI I SAY KATY IS MILLION TIMES BETTER AND ACTUALY IT IS BETTER HER ORIGINAL SONG AND LOVE THE VIDEO!!!

Zoe

Posted at 12:51 PM on December 7, 2011

I love Selena, I think she’s amazing. And this cover is great, I just wish she’d sing louder I can barely hear her!

Cleo

Posted at 8:52 PM on December 3, 2011

I wish she’d start smoking like the Miley princess does to deepen her voice. That’s the only way a deep voice will be heard when she and Bieber speak.

smile

Posted at 5:30 PM on December 3, 2011

wow she so pretty and great job selena well done i think you sing this song better than katy

Yasmin

Posted at 10:09 AM on December 3, 2011

I wonder how she sang that? I won’t listen to it,when I listen to her,my ears blead. I’m sorry…

Mahikan

Posted at 9:07 AM on December 3, 2011

Now what you may not like Selena but some other people may like her ( like me) so know what you should just shutup

Tagurit

Posted at 1:56 AM on December 3, 2011

Agreed! No singing talent. Put her up against ppl who can sing then you see it…no offense to selena she just shouldn’t sing unless its edited in a studio….the video by katy perry is soo good though check it out!!!!

Naomi

Posted at 11:04 PM on December 2, 2011

She looks nice, but she can’t sing live. I’m sorry. It’s like she’s forcing herself to sing. She also tends to whisper a lot. The only reason why her stuff is selling is because of her image, not because of her voice. She’s just another manufactured product of Disney. If you don’t agree with me, oh well.

YEAH

Posted at 10:35 PM on December 2, 2011

I actually thought it was really good. It’s SUPPOSED to be soft people, and it matches her voice :) I always did think selena sounded better accoustic :)

Mattie

Posted at 10:24 PM on December 2, 2011

It honestly wasn’t that good. She was whispering the whole time. I honestly think she’s over-hyped,and that the only reason she’s relevant is because she’s Bieber’s girlfriend. That being said she has some okay songs. But this didn’t do her any justice. Not hating, just what I think.

Tagurit

Posted at 10:15 PM on December 2, 2011

Its not very good at all. She is not a strong singer or even a good one and you can hardly hear her, it sounds like she is whispering because she is struggling with it vocally! Katy perry does it better for sure!

Jessica

Posted at 5:36 PM on December 3, 2011

I think selenas an amazing singer!! She sounds so great and i hope she keeps singing for a long time!!! I love her!! And anyone who dosnt shouldt even be commenting.

meiner

Posted at 9:59 PM on December 2, 2011

1) because of Selena’s interpretation, i first heard this song by Katy Perry
2) Selena’s interpretation is now on my iPhone as a video and MP3
3) I also bought the song from Katy on iTunes

.. are still more questions?

Stop, i had forgotten .. I love this interpretation of Selena