'X Factor' Results: Which Youngsters Were Eliminated After Michael Jackson Week?

Thu, December 1, 2011 9:04pm EDT by 251 Comments
Drew X Factor

Three of the younger contestants fell in the bottom of tonight’s shocking episode of ‘The X Factor!’ Do YOU agree with who got the boot?

After weeks of complaints, it seems the mass majority of The X Factor audience is going to be happy. Their problem child got the boot — and none of the favorites, including Melanie Amaro or Rachel Crow landed in the bottom three. So what went down?

Astro, the 14-year-old rapper, was immediately given the boot, as he was the lowest scoring contestant. Despite his bad attitude, there’s no doubt in our minds this kid will go places. He’s insanely gifted. In fact, perhaps not winning The X Factor will be the humbling experience he needs.

Drew and Marcus Canty were the other two in the bottom. Although we thought Drew’s save performance was far superior to Marcus’, the judges felt differently. Paula Abdul was the deciding vote that kept Marcus around to perform for another week. In fact, when she went to hug Drew goodbye, Drew wouldn’t hug her back. Meanwhile, Drew’s BFF, Rachel, was sobbing when she heard the news.

We’re pretty bummed too.

Did YOU agree with tonight’s results? Sound off below!

anna

Posted at 3:33 AM on December 4, 2011

i definitely don’t agree with the results. Both Astro and Drew have the x factor. I don’t know why the judges favored Marcus instead of Drew.

Mutale immanuel

Posted at 2:33 AM on December 4, 2011

I think chris rene and marcus canty are next to leave the show period.

Ressa

Posted at 1:24 AM on December 4, 2011

I think Marcus should have went home, but I also agree that Drew is boring due to her song choices. Marcus can’t sing on key a lot of the time. Listen, Marcus and Drew were both going home, either this week or next. It was inevitable. So what does it matter which one went first?

mare

Posted at 4:59 PM on December 3, 2011

I think Simon did act like a spoiled brat and didn’t get his way cause one of his acts went home but hey It’s a competition not all your acts can be saved. He should be thankful he still has two more in the competition. And as far as drew I think she does have a nice voice but honestly would you listen to a whole concert or cd one the same type of song but with different words. I wouldn’t. I don’t think she has the voice for more upbeat and high pitched songs and thats okay but if you don’t, just know you don’t, don’t act like you can do it if you know voice your voice can’t. and Marcus I thought was really good in the begining but for some reason hes starting to lose it. But this IS a competition and people need to go home. Not everyone can be saved and I think it was rotten of Drew not to give Paula a hug cause she got voted off and yes I’m young as well and understand shes only 14 but she should be grateful and happy for getting as far as she did when others did not. You have to be prepared going in that eventually you COULD be sent home and if you can’t handle that than you shouldn’t be in a competition in the first place. Just my opinion yous don’t have to agree.

bree

Posted at 6:23 PM on December 3, 2011

Why should drew have hugged paula? I wouldn’t have. All Paula had to do was make it a tie and let America decide. She always takes the easy way out and I thought for sure that was the easy way for her. But she stuck it to Simon for all the potshots back and forth and that was low and to make drew suffer for her pettiness. Thats why Simon was pissed and I don’t blame him. Paula herself doesn’t have the talent of any of these people. I’d like to see Simon replace her and/or Nicole with Shania Twain– someone with beauty, talent and a good head on her shoulders plus an ear for talent. Paula’s a ditz, often drunk and has none of those attributes.

Florene Petrella

Posted at 3:32 PM on December 3, 2011

Very very unfair. Drew needs to come back. I love Paula. But she got it wrong. Nicole just seems mad at simon. Simon get her back!!! Prove she deserves it

bree

Posted at 1:40 PM on December 3, 2011

I think Nicole and Paula sent Drew home to stick it to Simon. That was why Simon was so pissed. There is friction especially between Simon and Nicole but I didn’t expect it to go this far. They should be ashamed of themselves. Even though I didn’t like Drew’s rendition of Billie Jean, she is easily more talented than Marcus. One goo thing though is that America sent Astro home and the judges couldn’t save him. If that arrogant kid ever won I wouldn’t never watch X again. I thought it was going to be Melanie #1, Drew #2 and Josh #3. Now I gues it’s Melanie #1, Josh #2 and Rachel #3.

Tamara Summers

Posted at 6:48 AM on December 3, 2011

As much as Astro is talented, I think the boy first needs to develop a winning attitude… or else, he’s gonn’a continue to trip over his ego. Having said that, I do however, think he’s definitely a star in the making, and with the right guidance and mentoring, this boy sure is gonn’a shine!

Drew… hmm… Miss. ‘I think I’m perfect & I don’t like to hear otherwise!’, needs a lesson in humility!, and I think she just got it! I don’t think the poor kid has ever faced any healthy criticism till she faced La, Nicole & Paula. I don’t care, and apparently nor does the rest of America, how talented she is, the girl just comes across as a 14yr old spilt brat!

Vicki

Posted at 3:18 AM on December 3, 2011

Drew is definitely unique and talented. Sorry to see her go. Hopefully , I guess, she’ll get a career out of this. She’s got something and I would buy her recordings. Astro I didn’t particularly like but he is an amazing talent and I imagine he will be picked up by somebody big. Could make it big if his arrogance and immaturity doesn’t doesn’t defeat him. Love Josh, Rachael, Melanie. Think Chris is awful. Talented but not his voice. No voice at all! But hope the best for him. Is scary if he gets eliminated. When. Marcus is OK.

CC

Posted at 2:14 AM on December 3, 2011

I think that a lot of people, who are criticizing Drew by saying that she has no talent and acted immaturely by sobbing, are forgetting that the girl is only 14 years old. She probably wanted to win the competition more than anything and getting voted off was probably the worst thing she could imagine experiencing. To have a voice like that and sing the way she does is nothing but pure talent. And to be compared to Sarah McLachlan, who is so much older and have been in the music industry for years, should tell you how unique this girl is. Compared to many of the other contestants in the show she is the only performer anyone can recognize her voice and know who she is (not Marcus, not Rachel, not Melanie, and not Astro) If this is how well Drew performs now at the age of 14, just imagine how phenomenal she will be in a few years with some more training. This girl is born to sing.

As for judges Nicole and Paula, their opinion should be respected based on their experience, however, it becomes difficult to take them seriously as judges when their own vocals do not even compare to the contestant’s talent. A judge should be fair, not bias.

Luna

Posted at 1:11 AM on December 3, 2011

IMO i think Nicole and Paula voted Drew off coz they didn’t want Simon to be the only judge with all three acts left. That’s selfish of them but as we all know, X factor is really more of a battle of the judges contest than a singing contest.
It’s already obvius Drew has better vocals than Marcus from the ‘saving’ performance. Marcus’ voice is way too shaky. Furthermore, he has been in the bottom two twice in a row already!
I believe if the judges had saved Drew, Simon would have let her showcase a more upbeat song in the next performance.

Lolo

Posted at 12:27 AM on December 3, 2011

Exactly. It’s been getting ridiculous for awhile now, but after last week voting off Drew, I don’t even know if I’ll watch the rest of this season… It’s almost unbearable

dsteelbookworrm

Posted at 9:37 PM on December 2, 2011

I think that Drew had amazing talent and am dissapointed they sent her off.
i watched the show and it was Simon who told her to sit on the chair when she thought it was outrageous to do so on Micheal Jackson week. So if she was sent off because she didn’t have enough votes that’s one thing, but because she sat in the chair the whole time, that’s ridiculous.
Simon was the one who had her sit.
It’s not her fault she was just listening to direction.
I voted for her because i thought she did an amazing performance and it would have made no difference to me if she stood.

dr

Posted at 9:25 PM on December 2, 2011

Marcus’s save performance was 100% better than Drew. Drew has a great voice, but she was boring. She also needs to suck it up and be grateful she got this opportunity instead of whining to the press. Look at Astro this time around he showed great maturity.

Julie

Posted at 9:42 PM on December 2, 2011

I agree. Marcus is a great singer and performer and did better than Drew last night. She showed her immaturity by sobbing like a baby. I mean, she was in the top 7 for cryin’ out loud! Her voice had become so predictible and boring. Astro, put on a happy face because he was told to. He is way too full of himself… not good!! He’s a spoiled brat!

The Truth

Posted at 6:51 AM on December 3, 2011

You are literally insane. “Astro put on a happy face”? Give the guy some credit! Ever since his outburst TWO weeks ago he has done everything right, and still there are people like you who act like they’re perfect and they have the right to judge people and hold trivial mistakes over their heads forever. The only logical explanation I could think of for you being this way is that you never liked Astro to begin with.

Maria

Posted at 9:10 PM on December 2, 2011

I think that Drew is a very talented young lady who was kicked off of the show out of spite for Simon. Marcus sucks as a singer and should have never been on the show in the first place. I know Drew will get a record! She’s awesome!! As for Astro, his piss poor attitude will turn many people away from buying any of his music!!!!

Jill

Posted at 6:39 PM on December 2, 2011

Paula should have let America decide. I don’t want to see Paula on the show next year. I’ve lost respect for her. Drew was much more talented, and she should not have been voted off. I will still watch the show, but I hope there are new judges next year.

fierce

Posted at 8:33 PM on December 2, 2011

Paula was right to let drew go. Yes drew is talented and I like drew but drew was getting boring. She needed to change.

k

Posted at 5:58 PM on December 2, 2011

won’t watch the show anymore

Stella

Posted at 5:32 PM on December 2, 2011

I don’t think Paula and Nicole were being spiteful at all! Every single week, Drew’s songs were the same boring, whinny note, so blame Simon, for being stubborn and pig headed! I am so happy whinny Drew was sent packing back to the woods! As for Astro, he was not faking his graceful exit because he has signed with Jay Z’s label, so it’s all good! All Astro needed from the X Factor was to be exposed to America, so please feel free to continue bashing him as long as you like, because he has moved on to bigger and better things. Best of luck to you ASTRO!!!!

sandee

Posted at 9:32 PM on December 2, 2011

you must be an astronaut… PUKE! Talented, obviously but way too cocky. I was so glad when he was voted off… he will fall flat on his face if he doesn’t get off his high horse.

john

Posted at 4:36 PM on December 2, 2011

Really Paula? Really? World knows it was your attempt to show everyone how independent you are, how you could teach Simon a lesson. Really? Marcus, a superstar? Oh please…The simple and smart answer was to do what Simon did the previous week and let America decide, but you in your need to show us, went along with dumb and dumber. And by the way, for all your stupid crying, I cant do it, I cant do it, routine…really, that was your best shot.. Let’s see who sells more records Paula. Marcus? Really, Really? LOL

kalien

Posted at 3:43 PM on December 2, 2011

The public put Marcus in the bottom 3 twice. He was out performed in the save me song twice. The judges saved him twice. I think you will see him gone or in the sing off again next week and every week after that if the judges continue to save him.

patricia

Posted at 3:42 PM on December 2, 2011

I was shocked that Paula didn’t vote to put the show on tie and have America vote for who they wanted between Drew and Marcus. Even though I love Marcus, for a save me song, he was very squeaky and didn’t sound as good as Drew. America would have had a chance to say who they liked and that is what it’s all about in a contest for who is gonna be a recording star. The public will be buying the music. Let them vote. It would have given it a real excitement and moment of truth. Paula messed up. She’s so emotional and went for goosebumps but the vocal wasn’t up to par. And all the comments against Simon are so so annoying. Simon has the guts to tell what he sees and he has a keen eye. They are so weird how they don’t respect him enough on the show. It’s annoying how they don’t give him his time to speak because they disagree. He has a right to his opinion. And he gets it right most of the time. Either way, they should show him more respect. They seemed to vote Drew off just to get him mad and to have control over him. That’s what it looked like.

courtney

Posted at 4:20 PM on December 2, 2011

that’s funny cause i was thinking the exact same thing about voting her off to make simon mad!

DJ

Posted at 3:25 PM on December 2, 2011

Did anyone notice that Paula and Nicole stood up and starting clapping for Marcus before he even sang? I can see them doing it after he sang, but doing it before he sang is totally biased. The show is totally biased…each judge never votes against his/her contestant. Where is the objectiveness? The show is more about the judges going against each other than the talent of the contestants. Also, there is too much glitz and dramatics on this show. Most of the time I can’t even hear how good the singers are due to the loud music and the background singers. American Idol is way better than this show…less glitz and more focus on actual singing. If they don’t change this show next season, they will be in big trouble.

Deb

Posted at 5:35 PM on December 2, 2011

Agree with you 100%!!!!!!!!!!

shayshay

Posted at 3:17 PM on December 2, 2011

drewwwww sucks period. yall have noo livessss hahahahahaha.

MsDifnity

Posted at 2:32 PM on December 2, 2011

Well last night was a total mistake. The public screwed up. I personally feel that the only contestant on the show with the ” X Factor” was Astro…he and the total package. Melanie’s voice is superb….and Drew…well she should had been gone awhile ago. She just too boring.

jenny

Posted at 2:15 PM on December 2, 2011

I think it is unbelievalbe that ALL the judges other than LA who never liked Drew could’nt see that Drew’s talent is FAR superior to Marcus…..I mean come on!!! Yeah he is cute but NO he can’t sign!!!

Duh Paula!

Thierry

Posted at 1:26 PM on December 2, 2011

A lot of contestants were crying on XFactor. For some, it was the joy to be part of the show. For others, It was the chance of a lifetime to show their talent and to perform too late at certain age..
But I didn’t see them crying when they were voted off like the case of Dexter. Some even shows a lot of growth and maturity like Astro!. I laughed when I saw Drew behaving like a spoiled kid!…She deserved it. It was Michael Jackson week, and It looked as though she was singing for herself, for … “beer”, like “biere” in french, or for “Bieber”? , her fan base?. MJ fan base is huge and they are voting her off. The song was a disgrace to MJ, unrecognizable!.
I praise the courage of Nicole whore dares to stand up and vote her off, and off course Paula who knows how to use the “X Factor” at the right time and the right moment.
Nicole played the HUMAN FACTOR, PAULA played the X FACTOR.
BRAVO!

lucian

Posted at 1:43 PM on December 2, 2011

What planet are you from???
Astro showed his true self a few weeks ago! He already KNEW he was going!
As far as for the two …..(can’t find the right word)if they had any guts they would take out on Simon in private not on a contestant. Paula especially, who is a dancer not a real singer, is just a two bit vengeful, unhappy, lonely,…female (I found it). All that “God bless you she’s throwing around has absolutely NO meaning.
Last night she should have let US in the USA DECIDE!!!!
As far as for LA ..he defended his guy. Period.
I believe that of all Josh and Melanie should fight for the big prize. Josh is a COMPLETE musician (the only one) Melanie is a great singer.
Yeah, Drew cried. At 14-15 the way they used her to get back to Simon…that would do it to you, especially if you are a country girl and not from Brooklyn.

Stella

Posted at 5:43 PM on December 2, 2011

Well said and I totally agree you on Drew. What a spoiled brat, crying like someone took her Barbie Doll or something!! It’s strange that when Astro had his bratty moment, he was bashed by America and was shown no mercy. Ummmm…