The 10 Most Popular Baby Names of 2011

Thu, December 1, 2011 11:02am EDT by 26 Comments

The Kardashians are so trendy, they’re even influencing baby names — Mason is in the top 5!

On the Today Show, BabyCenter.com Editor-in-Chief Linda Murray revealed the most popular names of 2011. Twilight, the Kardashians, the royal wedding and other celeb-inspired names were the top baby name trends this year!

And the winners are…

• Mason
  • Liam
  • Jacob
  • Jayden
  • Ethan
  • Noah

Kourtney Kardashian, as always, was a trend setter by naming her son Mason, but other celeb parents had some influence, too. Harper, Victoria Beckham’s daughter’s name, is the fastest rising girl’s name.

Also on the rise? Royals! Besides Will and Kate, Harry is trending and even Pippa’s name is gaining popularity! And, obviously, Twilight had a big effect: Jacob and Bella are in the top five! But where’s Edward?

This year the letters A and N were the most popular — the top five girl names all end with -a and -n was represented in five of the eight top boy names.

BabyCenter collects their data from the names of 300,000 babies registered on the site in 2011, and in their Baby Names Survey they ask how parents chose a name. They discovered that 2 out of 5 moms share their baby’s name on a social networking site within minutes or hours of giving birth!

Did YOUR baby’s name make the list? Tell us your favorite name, HollyMoms!

Get more baby names!

1. 12 Baby Name Trends For 2012
  2. Eight Percent Of Parents Regret Their Kid’s Name! Do You?

3. New Mom Mariah Carey Tweets A Baby-Name Hint — Can You Guess?

bathing suits review

Posted at 5:04 AM on June 8, 2012

Undeniably imagine that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the simplest thing to take into accout of. I say to you, I definitely get irked even as other people think about concerns that they just don’t understand about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and also defined out the entire thing without having side effect , other people can take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

baby jogger stroller

Posted at 5:25 AM on June 5, 2012

Thanks for any other excellent article. The place else may just anyone get that type of info in such an ideal means of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I’m at the look for such information.

Charlotte limo service

Posted at 11:29 PM on May 28, 2012

Nice post. I used to be checking continuously this weblog and I am impressed! Very helpful information specially the final part :) I care for such information much. I used to be looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

hotel hookers

Posted at 3:22 AM on May 26, 2012

We’re a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with useful information to paintings on. You’ve done an impressive process and our entire community can be grateful to you.

womens teva mush sandals

Posted at 9:57 PM on May 19, 2012

Woah this blog is wonderful i love reading your articles. Stay up the great work! You recognize, a lot of individuals are hunting around for this info, you can aid them greatly.

Best Breast Pumps

Posted at 4:38 AM on May 19, 2012

Woah this weblog is magnificent i really like studying your posts. Stay up the great paintings! You know, lots of individuals are looking around for this information, you could aid them greatly.

clé activation office 2007

Posted at 2:09 PM on May 16, 2012

hello there and thank you for your information ? I have definitely picked up anything new from proper here. I did however expertise some technical points the use of this website, since I experienced to reload the web site many occasions previous to I may get it to load properly. I have been thinking about in case your hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading cases occasions will often affect your placement in google and could harm your quality rating if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I’m including this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective exciting content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..

microsoft office mac 2011

Posted at 1:21 AM on May 16, 2012

Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favourite reason appeared to be at the web the easiest thing to be mindful of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while other folks consider concerns that they plainly do not realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as well as defined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , people can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you

windows 8 demo

Posted at 10:46 PM on May 15, 2012

Hi my family member! I want to say that this article is awesome, great written and come with almost all significant infos. I’d like to see extra posts like this .

Tracy

Posted at 8:22 PM on December 4, 2011

My daughter’s name is Talar (like Taylor) and her middle name is Rain. A lot of people like her middle name.

Reality

Posted at 8:32 PM on December 4, 2011

Talar, are you daft? That’s horrible! This kreatif spelling trend needs to die. It just makes you look uneducated and tells everyone that your daughter introduces herself to in the coming years that her parents are low class. Rain is popular a trailer park/stripper name.

Bethany

Posted at 7:39 PM on December 4, 2011

Ava has been one of my favorite BabyGirl names.

Melissa

Posted at 9:38 PM on December 1, 2011

My daughters are Arianna(4) and Amelia(2). Starting and ending with A, (supposedly a new trend) but thankfully not on the Top 10 list. Funny thing is, they’re both A.C. and I only realized after my 2nd was born that my cousin’s 3 kids were all A.C. as well. We’ll set our own trend ;)

Nicole

Posted at 9:34 PM on December 1, 2011

My daughter is 4 months old and I named her Arianna Rae. Not on the list, but I think its pretty.

Greusa

Posted at 3:00 PM on December 3, 2011

I like the name Ariana, i like that name but i wanted it to be a little diferent for my daughter, because i tought there may be a lot of Ariany out there, so I named her Ariany, she is 23 months olds

Nicole

Posted at 9:33 PM on December 1, 2011

My daugther is 4 months old, and I named her Arianna Rae. Obviously not on the list, but i think its pretty.

Lola

Posted at 6:19 PM on December 1, 2011

My son name is Mason and my daughter name is Dasha, and I’m pregnant again now and I’m thinkin in call her Gisele, because is a really popular and cool name from my country, Brazil.

wes

Posted at 6:07 PM on December 1, 2011

Emma is ALLWAYS one of the top baby names hahaha

So Old Fashioned

Posted at 4:15 PM on December 1, 2011

Names are just a cycle. Emma and Olivia has been popular since the 1860’s-1880’s USA and UK, now those names are back to popularity. Maybe in the next ten years or more we’re going to see a new generations of Dorothys, Dorises, Judiths, Margarets, Janes, Brendas, Belindas, Barbaras, Bonnies, and so forth!

gbtw

Posted at 6:52 PM on December 2, 2011

names i would like retired: heather, tarnya, denise, jennifer. too many of those as it is. and, by the way, why would anyone want a “popular” name? i mean, are people p.o.’ed when they say their child’s name on this list, or happy? i guess it depends on your personality. personally, i’d be so annoyed if my child’s name made the list (though i equally do not like when names are completely crazy and made up).

K.D.

Posted at 3:54 PM on December 1, 2011

Um…….that’s actually a picture of Kourtney’s younger sister Kylie holding Mason……….

talktalk3

Posted at 2:53 PM on December 3, 2011

no it’s not.

Jess

Posted at 10:46 PM on December 3, 2011

actually it is Kylie. one of them put it up on their websites saying it was Kylie with Mason. plus, Kourt is darker

Rebecca

Posted at 2:22 PM on December 1, 2011

My daughters name is- Riley Marie. Im happy its not one of the most popular names on the list. I like to be different and unique.

Courtney

Posted at 12:00 PM on December 1, 2011

some of those names have been perenially popular for decades like Mason Olivia & Sophia. think about it you have actresses like Olivia De Havilland & Olivia Newton John plus Sophia Loren De Havilland is a two time oscar winner and Loren was the first to win best actress for a film in a foreign language for two women in 1962

Lia

Posted at 5:55 PM on December 1, 2011

I have cousins that our sisters and the oldest one is named Loren and the youngest one is named Sophia, but it’s funny that it was not planned…..