Miranda Kerr Chants With Baby Flynn And Husband Orlando Bloom! Exclusive Details:

Thu, December 1, 2011 3:35pm EST by 10 Comments

Victoria’s Secret Angel Miranda says her son Flynn’s favorite words are from a Buddhist chant that she recites morning and night with her husband Orlando.

Miranda Kerr tells HollyBaby.com exclusively that her Buddhist practice keeps her spiritually fit and that her 10-month-old son Flynn loves to listen to her and her husband Orlando Bloom chant.

Miranda Kerr opened up to HollyBaby.com at the 2011 Victoria’s Secret Viewing Party Tuesday night at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts in Costa Mesa, CA about her son Flynn’s favorite words, a chant from Miranda and Orlando’s S.G.I. (Soka Gakkai International) Buddhist practice.

“The whole time I was pregnant, I was chanting to my son and when I was giving birth, Orlando was chanting. So that was the first thing he heard when he came out into the world, Nam-Myo-Renge-Kyo. It’s pronounced ‘Nam-Me-oh-ho-Ren-gay-Key-oh’. And now we chant as a family. Flynn sits there and has his little beads. He loves it.”

Miranda says she and her husband Orlando are members of Soka Gakkai International which follows the teachings of Nichiren Daishonin, a Buddhist monk who lived in 13th century Japan.

“I think it’s really important to be first and foremost spiritually fit because it really radiates beauty for the rest of your life!”

“For the holidays I will be back home in Australia. I am really looking forward to spending time with my grandparents. When I think about Christmas I think about being with my family, my cousins, aunts and uncles, my grandparents, my parents and my brother. I am just really looking forward to catching up with them and this time sharing it with Flynn. So it will be amazing.”

And as far as believing in angels? “Yes, I do believe in angels. My son is an angel!”

Anist

Posted at 11:59 PM on January 27, 2012

Hey baby you seem pretty with this baby

Laura Dominick

Posted at 12:48 AM on January 3, 2012

Such great good fortune for Flynn to not only be born to you two wonderful parents but that U both chant Nam-Myoho-Renge-kyo practicing with SGI following Sensei Pres Ikeda!!!!!!! He’s so cute & I’m sure already doing shakubuku with his smile. When U come to Chicago let’s chant together at our SGI Buddhist Center 1455 S Wabash – Chicago, IL 60605 USA
Happy New Year 2012 Year of Developing a Youthful SGI
Wishing U all lots more good fortune, health & happiness.
Peace & Love,
Laura Dominick 630-820-6666

Mialoni

Posted at 1:49 PM on December 18, 2011

Congratulation! I know just how you feel. My grand-daughter 2yrs old chants with me. She rings the bell and rubs the beads together. She is so cute and blessed for it. Keep up with your practice NO-Matter what!

Nam Myo Renge Kyo!!!!!!

Anju

Posted at 8:28 PM on December 16, 2011

Fortune Baby Nam Myo Ho Renge Kyo….

Pete Bartee III

Posted at 5:00 PM on December 17, 2011

Your fortune baby is someone you know! There is no coincidence that you and your husband are here to receive and witness your sons advent in this world! Continue to find the happiness in each moment! Increase your Daimoku and do Faith Practice, and Study, and plan ahead!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Bartee III

Ellen Johnson

Posted at 3:52 PM on December 16, 2011

Isn’t it wonderful to listen to the little ones -esd -clasping the beads and mimicing you! How great is this practice!! I have three grandchildren that practice , keep up the good work , Raising Capable People

Jaye

Posted at 3:26 PM on December 16, 2011

Super awesome…We love our fortune babies! I was one too!

Myohomama

Posted at 10:09 AM on December 16, 2011

FYI…the words that they chant…it’s misspelled. It’s Nam-MYOHO-renge-kyo…NOT MYO

It means devotion to the law of cause and effect through sound. Way to go Miranda & Orlando!

Barbara

Posted at 8:26 AM on December 16, 2011

Thank You for being true Disciple.
Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo
Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo
Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Jose Nivaldo Fonteles

Posted at 11:47 PM on December 15, 2011

So good to be a true disciple of Nichiren Daishonin’s Buddhism and an SGI member for world Peace! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo