Adele Defends Miley Cyrus: She's Just 'Growing Up' & I 'Really Like Her'

Wed, November 30, 2011 6:24pm EDT by 18 Comments
Miley Cyrus Weed Scandal
Loading video...

Adele says she has Miley Cyrus’ back and thinks it’s unfair she ‘gets a hard time.’ Do YOU agree with her?

Miley Cyrus may have slipped up a bit when she admitted on camera during her nineteenth birthday she smokes “way too much f***ing weed,” but hit singer Adele is defending the former Disney Darling — and even says people expect too much from her.

“I like Miley. I think she’s really, really sweet. I like her,” Adele, 23, said during a recent interview that was put on the web last month. “I think she gets a hard time, to be honest. It’s not like it was her fault she was a Disney star. She was growing up, you know? I think she gets a hard time a lot of the time.”

In fact, Adele admitted part of Miley’s appeal is her “f*** it” attitude toward life.

“I like [that she's unpredictable],” she said. “I like that a lot. I really like her.”

What do you think of Miley? Does she get judged unfairly — or is she going down the wrong path?

More Miley:

1. Miley Cyrus Poses For NoH8 Campaign — Is She Trying To Distract From Weed Scandal?
  2. Miley Cyrus & 12 More Celebrity Pot Confessions
  3. Miley Cyrus Is Becoming New Lindsay Lohan, Says Insider

Chris

Posted at 6:13 PM on December 2, 2011

Since when was smoking weed a bad thing? Or scandalous for that.

Yasmin

Posted at 6:44 AM on December 2, 2011

I love and support Miley whatever she does,she is for me and other millions of people a Good role model,Selena and Taylor are totally fake and they try to be PERFECT!

moon_blk

Posted at 4:10 AM on December 3, 2011

luv ur cm

SirLots

Posted at 3:49 PM on December 1, 2011

Agree especially since I seen this same thing happen to Lindsay Lohan. She was a young girl on the rise to success who than was ostracized because of the way she chose to live it.

Yasmin

Posted at 11:18 AM on December 1, 2011

OMG I totally LOVE Adele now!!

gie

Posted at 10:10 AM on December 1, 2011

ON MILEY CYRUS…

@HOLLYWOOD LIFE YOU ARE PART OF MILEY CYRUS PROBLEM BECAUSE YOU GUY’S/PAPS CANNOT HAVE TABLOID ON SALE WITHOUT A SUPPOST MILEY CYRUS ACTION PLASTERED IN YOUR TABLOID/ONLINE. IT SEEMS TO SO MANY, BELIEVE ME, THE BELIEFS ARE YOU HOLLYWOOD LIFE/OTHERS CANNOT EXIST IN THIS BUSINESS WITHOUT MILEY CYRUS!!! YOU LAMBASTED MILEY CYRUS FACE IN EVERY TABLOIDS AND ONLINE AND YOU INVITE US TO HATE MILEY CYRUS… WHAT HAS EXACTLY BAD TO HOLLYWOOD LIFE/OTHERS… THE TRUTH IS… I TELL YOU… NOTHING,NOTHING!!! IT’S YOUNG MILEY LIFE!!! NOT YOURS!!! CONSIDER THIS…WHAT IF MILEY AND OTHERS THAT, YOU HAD DONE THIS DEDGRADING TABLOIDS HAD ENOUGH ALREADY AND TURN THE TABLE ON YOU ALL!!! BELIEVE ME IT WILL BE HELL TO ALL OF YOU BECAUSE ARE SURELY MUCH OLDER THAN MILEY CYRUS AND EVERYBODY NOBODY IS PERFECT! THAT’S FOR SURE AND THE WHOLE TRUTH… NOTHING, THE TRUTH… WHETHER YOU LIKE, OR NOT!!! IF, I AM IN MILEY AND OTHERS SIDES WHO LAMBASTED TO DEATH IN TABLOID/ON LINE… I WILL START DIGGING NOWS… IN YOUR FAST LIVE UNTIL TODAY AND IN THE FUTURE!!! EVERYBODY CAN DO THAT YOU KNOW… IT’S ONLY FAIR, BECAUSE YOU SET AN EXAMPLE BY MAKING MILEY’S LIFE AND OTHERS LIKE HELL!!! YOU DON’T HAVE SHAME AND DECENCY IN YOU BONES!!! IT SEEM’S EVERYDAY YOU HOLLYWOOD LIFE/PAPS AND OTHERS TRYING TO BULLIED MILEY CYRUS TO DEATH IRRESPONSIBLY!!!!!!! SHAME ON YOU TO DEATH!!! THAT’S WHY YOUNGSTERS ARE COMMITTED THEIR ON LIVE BECAUSE OF THESE KIND OF ACTION!!! NEVER MINE… THAT MILEY IS WAY BETTER THAN YOU GUYS!!! MILEY CYRUS HAS ALREADY TOO MUCH GOOD TO OTHER PEOPLE, BUT TO YOU HOLLYWOOD LIFE/OTHERS CONTINUE TO PLAY WITH MILEY LIFE JUST BECAUSE…YOU PROBABLY CANNOT SELL YOUR BUSINESS WITHOUT BULLYING MILEY CYRUS AND OTHERS CELEBRITIES THAT CAN MAKE YOU SO MUCH WEALTH!!! WHAT MIGHT OTHER REASONS… THAT YOU HOLLYWOOD LIFE/OTHERS… FOR MAKING MILEY CYRUS AND OTHER CELEBRETIES’S LIFE LIKE HELL OTHER THE ABOVE MENTION!!! MANY OF US DID NOT SEE OTHER REASON FOR DEGRADING/IRRESPONSIBLE AND APPALING ACTION!!! TO ALL MILEY CYRUS FANS HERE AND AROUND THE WORLD WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS MILEY CYRUS BRIEF… TAKE ACTION BEFORE CAN DO DAMAGE TO ANY CELEBRITIES THAT THESE ARE BULLYING A LOT AND ESPECIALLY MILEY CYRUS!!!! I AM FORCE TO DO THIS BECAUSE OF THIS TO MUCH BULLYING OF MILEY CYRUS THAT INVITE HATE FROM OTHES YOUNGSTERS WHO ARE PRACTICALLY ARE NOT BAD AT ALL, BUT ARE DRIVEN… BECAUSE THESE HOLLYWOOD LIFE/PAPS AND OTHERS IRRESPONSIBLE TABLOIDS!!!

badapple

Posted at 9:55 AM on December 1, 2011

I’ve always loved Adele’s music. But this? RESPECT!
Agree with everthing Adele said.

Rob milezzz

Posted at 8:31 AM on December 1, 2011

I WAS SO HAPPY TO HEAR ABOUT THIS , ADELE IS THE MOST TALENTED GENIUNE REAL VOCALIST OUT THERE …IM IN LOVE WITH HER AND HER SONGS ! aND MILEY…WELL LETS SAY SHES MY FAV CELEBRITY SHES SO AESOME AND REAL , I JUST LOVE HER
I WANT MILEY AND ADELE DUETTT NOOWW <3 SMILER HERE <3

Lilnene

Posted at 7:09 AM on December 1, 2011

People need to focus on their self cause if a celebrity jump of a building u would not do it I do not think celebrity r role model I think they r just enteriment for us

molly

Posted at 6:57 AM on December 1, 2011

I totally agree with Gie’s comment Taylor jumps from Boyfriend to Boyfriend And you call that a Good rolemodel
And Selena only Dates Famous Boyfriend And that what a good rolemodel shuld be it unfair

none your bussines

Posted at 10:13 AM on December 1, 2011

uhm only one thing to say about that comment about Taylor there, first off Taylor is a really good rolemodel! so what she’s not a whore/slut she’s only trying to find the right guy you know. just saying. you shouldn’t judge taylor by that. (:

Reality

Posted at 11:42 PM on December 1, 2011

If it wasn’t for birth control, Taylor would be pregnant with babies from different guys.

Grandma

Posted at 3:55 PM on December 2, 2011

People..people..people…you the media supports all this things called bullying; what do you call the paps and media all station from CBS, NBC,ABC,Fox every channel and EONLINE
all bullying Miley you put her down from being a pothead to addict??? did you guys even really look into the facts that she is in fact a slut/whore and all other names you can imagine??? do you really have proof??? She can never do right whatever she says you misunderstood and print, cause every time a news and tabloid about Miley you better believe it will sell because it’s MS Cyrus..As for Miley you cannot control her because she doesn’t stoop to your level, she fights back and the media hates it, cause she doesn’t give a damn about what you think of her… I just sick of you media for giving her a bad time…from now on I will look to all your background and publicized all the thing you’ve done, but put some false accusation in there, let me see how all ignorant haters feel…

gie

Posted at 12:31 PM on December 1, 2011

BY GIE…

CALING ALL MILEY CYRUS FANS!!! @MOLLY, Lilnene,Robmilizzz, badapple,Yasmin and all others please spread/share my comments/brief for the love MILEY CYRUS AND OTHERS CELEBRITIES THAT ARE BULLIED BY THESE IRRESPONSIBLE TABLOIDS JUST FOR MONEY, OR HATE, BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN MY HEART BEING LASBASTED/PLASTERED/BAD PUBLITY IS VERY, VERY WRONG IT INVITES HATREAD TO MANY, MANY YOUNG PEOPLE, WHO ARE NOT BAD AT ALL, BUT IS DRIVIN TO HATE OTHERS THRU VERY BAD PUBLITY IUN THE TABLOIBS!!!

rubi

Posted at 4:47 AM on December 1, 2011

yahhhhhhhhhhhh….. :) haha

gie

Posted at 7:38 PM on November 30, 2011

ON MILEY CYRUS…

WHY IS IT THAT TAYLOR SWIFT WENT FROM BOYFRIEND TO ANOTHER AND ANOTHER AND ANOTHER OR WHATEVER SHE DOES THAT NOT CONFORM TO ONE EXPECTATION DOES NOT GET INTO TROUBLE? OR SHALL WE SAY… SELENA GOMEZ DATING JUSTIN BIEBER, THEY ARE SAID SLEPT IN THE SAME BEDROM OR GOING TO THE BEACH AND SEEN J.BIEBER HANDS CLEARLY IN THE BUTT OF SELENA GOMEZ AS SEEN ON LINE!!! MY QUESTION IS S. GOMEZ OR TAYLOR SWIFT INAPPROPRIATE ARE TOLERATED BUT NOT MILEY CYRUS? ARE THESE TWO GIRLS GOMEZ/SWIFT ARE SO FAVORITE OF THE MEDIA, OR NOT INTERESTING ENOUGH BEING PLASTERED ON ANY TABLOID FOR SALE? MEANING TABLOID IS MAKING MORE, MORE MONEY IF MILEY CYRUS FACE,SO CALLED TROUBLE WHEN PLASTERED ON EVERY TABLOID?IF THAT’S THE CASE,OPEN WONDER… HOW DEGRADING THAT COULD BE FOR ANY TABLOIDS/PAPS,OR ANYBODY-WHO ENGAGE IN THIS LOWLY ACTTION…I WONDER AGAIN, IF THIS IS THE CASE… WHERE WILL YOU BE GUYS… IN THE NEAR FUTURE WHEN HIGH HEAVEN FINALLY SETTLES THE TOTAL SCORE… JUST ASKING… BECAUSE BELIEVE IT IS COMING WHETHER… WE LIKE OR NOT… FOR NOW LETS JUST WAIT AND SEE…

Goose

Posted at 1:39 AM on December 1, 2011

Agree with Gie’s comments…

Yasmin

Posted at 6:42 AM on December 2, 2011

Agree,Miley made 1 mistake when she was climbimg to the BIG succes,the whole world were talking about her,and then,RIGHT then,she made a mistake,so every body called/knew her as a ‘BAD ROLE MODEL’,on Selena,she was always the “MISS PERFECT”,so if she makes a mistake,nobody cares cause her name is ”MISS PERFECT” I can’t decribe really good what I mean but whatever,for me, Miley is the BEST role model in the whole world! she shows everybody that you can make a mistake,that you should learn from your mistakes and being yourself,not other peoples ”ROBOT”,that’s what I call a GOOD ROLEMODEL!!