'The Lying Game' Winter Premiere First Look: Why Is Emma Crying?

Tue, November 29, 2011 8:30pm EDT by 8 Comments
Bill Matlock/ABC Family

New episode of ‘The Lying Game’ return Jan. 2, and HollywoodLife.com has your exclusive first look!

Emma (Alexandra Chando) has always been The Lying Game‘s tougher twin, so I can only imagine what’s reducing her to tears in this brand-new photo from the show’s Jan. 2 winter premiere, obtained exclusively by HollywoodLife.com. Maybe it has something to do with Sutton’s car being found at the bottom of the lake? Good thing she has Ethan’s (Blair Redford) shoulder to cry on — for now!

According to the episode’s official description on ABCFamily.com, “Emma and Ethan’s … relationship is tested by questionable motives and accusations.”

It doesn’t sound like anything is going right in Emma’s life!

So why do YOU think she’s crying? Is she mourning the loss of her dear, psychotic sister? Is Ethan breaking up with her? Or is she merely cracking under the pressure of her double life?

Hit up the comments section with your best theories, including — I’m sure — that the girl in the photo is actually Sutton. And head over to ABC Family’s Lying Game section for more info.

— Andy Swift

Follow Andy on Twitter for more Lying Game scoop

Oh, and here’s one more shot of Emma and Ethan from the premiere — but only because I love you so much:

katelynn karbowski

Posted at 6:01 PM on December 28, 2011

i think tht she found something to do with sutton’s dispearce nd her biogical mother nd its to much for her to handle but thank god ethan is there for her

jewel

Posted at 5:15 PM on December 10, 2011

Omg I cant wait till jan.I love this show.

Chrissy

Posted at 11:11 PM on November 30, 2011

Well, first of all, if Ethan was breaking up with her, somehow I don’t think she’d be crying on his shoulder.

I’m gonna bet it has something to do with Sutton. My guess is that her car was found, but no one knows if she’s dead or missing.

Ahhhh I can’t wait till January 2nd! A little over a month :)

Dawn

Posted at 5:29 PM on November 30, 2011

I absolutely love this show!! I cant wait till Jan 2nd…uggh

Angel

Posted at 6:46 PM on November 29, 2011

I Love this show iit is one of my favorite shows. busy busy the 2nd

Hosselyn

Posted at 6:01 PM on November 29, 2011

I think she is stress, and probably because they won’t let her see her mom, which will be probably be back at the hospital and also due to sutton’s body disappearance!! wow January 2nd please hurry!! :)

Nicole

Posted at 5:49 PM on November 29, 2011

I think emma is mourning the loss of her sister and because of the stress of living a double life and the loss, her and ethan’s relationship is being tested. i cant wait for this to come back on!

Mandy

Posted at 5:52 PM on November 29, 2011

Me to i love that show i want to know what happens to sutton! :)