Demi Lovato Reveals: What I'm Looking For In A Boyfriend

Tue, November 29, 2011 11:33am EDT by 14 Comments

The ‘Unbroken’ singer and survivor of an emotional breakdown speaks out in Glamour’s Janauary issue about what kind of guy could make her really happy.

Ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas, 22, is ancient history for Demi Lovato, 19, who’s triumphed over the eating disorder and emotional issues that landed her in treatment in November 2010. Now brave Demi, has figured out what she really needs in a man. We hope that re-newed love Wilmer Valderrama, 31, fits this bill.

“Someone who’s not only supportive in my career, but also in my (emotional) recovery. It’s a big responsibility dating me,” she admits. “Because I come with a little bit of baggage, you know? I’m completely open. I’m honest about the journey I’ve been on, so I definitely don’t take dating lightly anymore. And they have to make me laugh!”

Demi — that sounds great and we hope that Wilmer is being totally supportive of both your career and emotional needs!

— Bonnie Fuller

More Demi Lovato News

1. Demi Lovato Plays An Amazing Concert While Sick
  2. Demi Lovato Pulls Out A Hair Extension Onstage — Video
  3. Demi Lovato: Why I Love My Family Over The Holidays

rodney morris

Posted at 11:14 PM on February 13, 2012

demi you should date me and i will support anything you do and i have morethings in comin with you then any other guys here and i’m so nice that i will carrie you to your car and cover you if your cold or hiding form the poparazzie and here’s my nummber (386)747-1992 and i like you for you not for your fame and or stuff you have and i have a greater sence of humor and I am 19 years old and i got my driverslicense and you are very very beautiful to me

rebecca

Posted at 6:21 PM on January 16, 2012

she deserves joe joe fits ( and shares) all the qualities that Demi needs in a man. Wilmer does not.

Suman

Posted at 11:13 PM on January 12, 2012

hi

Gary Balentine

Posted at 11:16 PM on December 2, 2011

Demi you should date me. I understand your needs, I can support you emotionally and career wise. Everything about you is beautiful from your looks to your personality. I have a great sense of humor and I know I can make you laugh. I can be a better boyfriend to you than Wilmer can ever be. If I had the chance to take you on a date I promise that you will have more fun with me than you would ever have with him.

rebecca

Posted at 3:26 PM on December 2, 2011

no he does not fit what Demi looks for in a boyfriend. Joe Jonas is more the better choice. And she and Wilmer broke up after having an argument, so shes back on the market again

Lex

Posted at 7:35 PM on November 30, 2011

Supported this guy does not make sense. Well, anyway I only wish the best for our beloved. single or not, she does not need a man to be herself when she feels ready she will find her prince. kisses …=)

LinkinLovatix

Posted at 2:43 PM on November 30, 2011

Yeah definately any man would do anything for her, me included, but that doesn’t mean that that man would still be the guy for her… :)
Anyway, I don’t understand why that poll about Wilmer had to be added. It adds nothing to the whole thing. Honestly, it doesn’t matter what we think, as long as Demi thinks Wilmer is good for her. That is, IF they are indeed together. There are also reports of them not being together at all, or not anymore. It’s all just rumours of course. So don’t take my word for this, just rumours.

emanuel

Posted at 9:05 AM on November 30, 2011

I’m not a judge, but I think she needs someone to love her for who she is regardless of mistakes or of fame, and especially the support and respect. Needing a candato, always available. Any man would do anything for this woman.

John Jacob Kent

Posted at 7:14 PM on November 29, 2011

She needs a man like me who isn’t drawn into just her looks.I also could be there for her emotional needs.

John Jacob Kent

Posted at 7:08 PM on November 29, 2011

She needs a older man like me who not just drawn in by her looks.I would stick by her in everthing.The people of this service can give Demi my email as long as they know it’s her.

Doug

Posted at 1:22 PM on November 29, 2011

She needs a good Southern Gentleman. Get out of that Hollywood crowd. Let a man open the door for you. Cut his own fire wood and start a warm fire in his cabin. A real man. Maybe from Texas but personally I was thinking more like North Carolina.

lol

Posted at 12:47 PM on November 29, 2011

why do you have to bring joe into everything? leave him alone.

TayTayKrazy

Posted at 12:02 PM on November 29, 2011

She does look good. Hope she finds a nice guy who isn’t a fame-seeker, she deserves to be happy like most people

BieberGeek

Posted at 11:44 AM on November 29, 2011

You look great Demi.You go gir

XOXO