Kirstin Says: Good For You, Rob & Kristen! You Haven't Let Fame Affect Your Friendships

Mon, November 28, 2011 8:02pm EST by 30 Comments
Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson

Even though ‘Twilight’ made them two of the biggest celebs in the world, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart still support their friends and have managed to stay humble

It’s hard for me to imagine being in Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart‘s shoes. On one hand, I’m insanely jealous — who wouldn’t want millions of dollars, free designer duds and tons of fans? I’d put up with autographs and creepy stalkers for all of that too. However, I have to give them credit where it’s due. It must be difficult to never be able to do anything normal without getting harassed — yet, Rob, 25, and Kristen, 21, NEVER act like divas and seemingly haven’t changed at all since they became two of the biggest stars in the world.

Case in point: their date last week before Thanksgiving. On Wed. Nov. 23, Rob and Kristen supported their good friend, Marcus Foster, at his concert in London’s Camden section. An eyewitness told HollywoodLife.com the couple was offered a spot backstage to watch, but they preferred to stay front and center with the masses — just like normal people.

In a situation like this, most celebs would probably not be caught dead in a small venue, but Rob and Kristen not only took time out of their schedules to see their buddy, they also wanted to be treated like everyone else. That’s really cool.

Another thing I appreciate about Robsten is how low key they are — especially when it comes to their money. Even though they both  made an estimated $25 million on the Breaking Dawn films (in addition to their percentages of the profits!), Rob AND Kristen dress like normal people. Rob is always wearing the same ball cap and jacket; meanwhile, Kristen sports Nike sneakers during red carpets and interviews.

It’s not just Rob and Kristen’s normal clothes — it’s their pets too, or at least their adopted dog, Bear. I love seeing celebs rescuing animals, but there was something so endearing about Rob picking Bear. He’s not the most attractive dog in the world, nor is he a purebred. However, Rob proudly walks him like he’s on The National Dog Show.

Lastly, I appreciate the way Rob and Kristen treat their fans. At the Breaking Dawn premiere in Los Angeles, I witnessed the stars first-hand as they delayed the screening by more than a half an hour just so they could sign autographs and take pics with fans, who had waited five days to see them. Plus, at the convention only a week prior, Rob and Kristen couldn’t stop thanking the thousands of Twi-hards screaming at them. Instead of acting annoyed, they are obviously indebted to the people who made them into huge stars — and it shows.

Even their co-stars have discussed how humble Rob and Kristen have stayed, despite their mega success. Alex Meraz recently told Live From The Red Carpet it’s something he’s learned from them. “All this madness can change a person, but they are very true to themselves and they are very strong,” he said. “It’s really cool to see that.”

Are you as impressed with Rob and Kristen and I am? Which stars do YOU look up to for staying down to earth? Sound off below!

Email me! | Follow me on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

cherokee

Posted at 11:04 PM on December 1, 2011

this article makes me wish i knew them personally. this is really refreshing kirstin and i wish there were more like this about the other celebs out there.

ValenciaJanell

Posted at 11:54 AM on November 30, 2011

my roomate’s aunt makes $84/hr on the computer. She has been unemployed for 9 months but last month her income was $8786 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read about it on this web site MakeCash4. (com)

lily

Posted at 12:46 PM on November 29, 2011

I just love them both and thanks so much kristin for speaking out such nice and great things for them and appreciating them so much blimey its the opinion of all of us about them they r so very calm and humble celebs of bollywood and really down to earth too.

lily

Posted at 12:50 PM on November 29, 2011

Sorry Hollywood :D

Tessa

Posted at 10:37 AM on November 29, 2011

It appears the two of them have not changed, and realize the importance of showing appreciate to their fans. I do feel sorry for Robert that he has not been able to find a comfort zone since his new fame. Kristen seems to have found hers and continues to move around in comfort. Hopefully, Robert will soon. Don’t become “Hollywood Elite” and forget your humble beginnings. We appreciate and love you both right now as you are. Much happiness to you both.

v.

Posted at 8:18 AM on November 29, 2011

Thanks, Kirsten for seeing Robsten the way that we do. Thats why I love them so much. They give me hope in this heavily materialized world. Stay strong Robsten and wishing you long happy lives.

Rawan

Posted at 7:33 AM on November 29, 2011

that’s why we adore them <3 <3 <3 love you Robsten hope you all the best together <3 <3 Robsten for ever

ali

Posted at 7:23 AM on November 29, 2011

I am a big Twilight fan, but I do not think they are the most humble people in Hollywood… I mean Kristen got caught dong weed! It even says so on this website! Also, Robert wont stop talking about his sex life, and some things are meant to be kept in the bedroom. If I had to choose who I think is the most humble in Hollywood, I would choose Taylor Swift. No, I did not say i was a insane TSwift fan but unless your blind and deaf you should agree with me.

Michele

Posted at 9:26 AM on November 29, 2011

Ali, lots of people smoke weed and it’s not a big deal. It doesn’t mean Kristen is a terrible person, more like she just wanted to zone. Nothing wrong with that. As for Rob, he was promoting BD, and everyone was anticipating that sex scene and asking about it – that’s why he was talking about it.
Michele

anonymous

Posted at 11:13 AM on November 29, 2011

It could be tobacco that she’s smoking. I don’t think she’ll go public or smoke weed in her porch (if she really do).

anonymous

Posted at 11:07 AM on November 29, 2011

That picture you saw was in 2008. Move on.

anonymous

Posted at 11:15 AM on November 29, 2011

Smoking using a pipe is not always equal to smoking weed. Tobacco can also be smoked using a pipe.

ana

Posted at 7:19 AM on November 29, 2011

I SO LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM !!!!

cristina

Posted at 6:47 AM on November 29, 2011

Yes it is true, for this reason they have devoted fans, first of all they are great people and the rest is the consequence! I think it’s a healthy attitude and they have a beautiful future ahead!

delle1

Posted at 5:34 AM on November 29, 2011

Thank you Kirstin for finally seeing Rob and Kristen the way we see them….You have totally captured who they are,REAL people and not fakes!

kiara

Posted at 2:45 AM on November 29, 2011

The best!

mma

Posted at 1:01 AM on November 29, 2011

that’s why we love them so! Robsten forever! Wish the best of everything for those kids!

ana

Posted at 12:21 AM on November 29, 2011

they are real people no one like robert and kristen thats why a million of people love theme we are waiting rob movie

jean

Posted at 11:51 PM on November 28, 2011

What a refreshing article not to have all this bashing of Robert and Kirsten. They are young and comfortable in their shoes. They work hard, they honor their commitments to promote their movies and deal with so much negative nonsense from negative people. I wish them both the very best to follow their dreams and to have a life they can enjoy…They are loyal to family and friends and that is really rare in the entertainment business today. Kudos to them. :)

mma

Posted at 1:02 AM on November 29, 2011

well said, I totally agree!

Mon

Posted at 11:28 PM on November 28, 2011

That’s why we love Rob and Kristen!!~

ariagirl

Posted at 11:26 PM on November 28, 2011

Rob and Kris are such grounded people. Isn’t that refreshing in a business where so many young people “drive off the cliff”?! Credit their families.

Jasmin

Posted at 10:26 PM on November 28, 2011

I love them but I also love Demi for being down to earth also.

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 11:40 PM on November 28, 2011

Definitely agree!

Michele

Posted at 10:26 PM on November 28, 2011

Kristin, this is really nice. You read so much crap about Rob & Kristen and their relationship and blah, blah, blah, and I just thought I’d let you know, as a fan, that I really appreciated this. And yes, I couldn’t agree more – Rob & Kristen seem like really great people.
Michele

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 11:40 PM on November 28, 2011

Thanks for reading, Michele. There are few people out there who’ve kept their heads screwed on their shoulders like Rob and Kristen. It’s truly impressive.

sandy

Posted at 6:49 AM on November 29, 2011

Tthank you lfor this, you hit it on the head with these two wonderful,gifted beautiful people.
They have more fans than haters but its nice to see them get the accolades they both deserve.
Hatrers are just nasty and really insignificant little people but loud.. god bless kristen and rob for all the do and endure.I’m not sure if some of us would go thru that intrusive,vile crap from pappz and some so called fans for all the money in the world, I.e.
Stalker fan at the London premier!! Eww

Super

Posted at 10:22 PM on November 28, 2011

Those two are amazing, aren’t they?

anna

Posted at 9:44 PM on November 28, 2011

I love Robert Pattinson, too.

Harley Jenkins