Demi Moore Divorcing Ashton Kutcher Makes Her An Inspiration To All Women

Wed, November 23, 2011 12:53pm EST by 33 Comments
Getty Images

Demi tried to work on her marriage to Ashton & now she’s showing us all that sometimes you have to say, ‘Enough is enough!’

Hello, boys and girls! Welcome back to my weekly Wednesday columns where I get to dish out my thoughts on the most recent events in pop culture. This week, I’d like to discuss the much-talked about scandal involving Ashton Kutcher, and Demi Moore. She’s divorcing Ashton after he was caught cheating multiple times — and that’s just what the public knows about so far!

This leads me to think: “If Ashton Kutcher has been caught cheating this many times publicly, how many more times has he cheated on Demi without getting caught? I say ‘once a cheater, always a cheater!'”

That’s a serious problem, and if I were Demi, that’s exactly what I’d be asking myself. I think Demi is making the right move by filing for divorce. Ashton’s been caught cheating several times now, and Demi appears to have stuck by him throughout the entire ordeal to keep their marriage together. But I feel like there are certain times in a relationship when you have to say “enough is enough!”

Ashton knows he’s in the spotlight, and every move he makes will eventually leak out one way or another, so I find his behavior completely disrespectful, thoughtless and insensitive to his wife — especially after being married for so long! Demi has always been a fine example of a beautiful, classy woman, whereas Ashton Kutcher was just an air-headed male model who pretty much played himself on That 70’s Show.

Without Demi, I don’t think Ashton would have made it this far as an actor — so for him to cheat on his wife, and publicly humiliate her multiple times, is even more wrong! While age may be nothing but a number, maturity has everything to do with your actions, and you are inevitably responsible for the outcomes of the choices that you make.

Aside from cheating, Ashton’s handlers and manager have recently had to take over his Twitter account to monitor everything that he tweets, which only further proves to us just how immature he is! It’s like he needs a babysitter to watch him 24/7 now because everything he does seems to get him into trouble. A grown man who has a team of people to monitor his every move? How embarrassing! Ashton needs a major reality check and grow up! I think this divorce will do him good, and could possibly be a life-changing wake-up call.

So I’m team Demi all the way! She can do so much better than him, and like I said before — once a cheater, always a cheater. Why would anyone want to torture themselves by staying in a relationship like that when the trust has been broken? I would recommend some married couples try to work out their problems before calling it quits (like Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries. Only 72 days, and they’re already throwing in the towel? Seriously?! Not cool. Not even trying. But let’s save that topic for another day.) But in this particular case, Demi is doing right by divorcing Ashton. You can tell she hung in there for as long as she could for the sake of their marriage, but it takes two to tango, and there’s no real relationship if you’re just working at it alone.

I really hope Demi doesn’t have a change of heart. Following through with her plans to divorce Ashton will remind everyone that she has self-respect, and that she’s a strong, independent woman. I’m sure making this decision wasn’t easy for her, but that’s why I applaud her for finally standing up for herself, and letting him know that she can live her life without him. Demi, you can have any man in the world, and you deserve to be treated better! You will be an inspiration to women everywhere who are in the same situation.

I can’t say too much more about Ashton, except “What goes around comes around. Welcome to the Douche-Bag-of-the-Year club! You’ve just earned yourself some major fail points. Congrats!”

‘Til next time… over and out!

— Miss Tila

Todd dennis

Posted at 8:34 PM on March 1, 2012

Yeah the guy screwed up.but get over it &stop crying about it.find someone more her age & not 15 yrs younger.what was she thinking ?so move on & get over it.

AnneQ

Posted at 6:56 PM on February 22, 2012

I hope Demi finds a more educated, strong, considerate man that appreciates her for her!! Demi, I do hope you become well soon and think of your future!

H.

Posted at 7:40 AM on December 22, 2011

Agree 100%. Never liked this guy, he looks like a play boy not like a MAN. I’m not sure why she fall for his boyish look and gentle bullox.

Lena

Posted at 6:40 AM on November 29, 2011

I totally agree with every point I understand her angst in coming to a decision because she really did believe she would grow old with this boy/man she would have not married him otherwise. But take heart Demi everything happens for a reason the universe has freed you up now to be loved by another as beautiful as you. You have achieved so much from such humble and unprivileged beginnings You have brought up 3 beautiful girls, the respect and love of your ex who knows you are gold and a good person and above all in a quiet moment you know you deserve better and there was no excuse no matter the circumstances for breaching your trust.

FrogGod1

Posted at 8:06 AM on November 25, 2011

Once you are maired to a woman, you can only make love to that woman and that woman alone. Unless she Bi and wants a three way.

Billy

Posted at 8:24 PM on November 24, 2011

Way to go Demi; You Go Girl! There is No Doubt You can do Better Gorgeous.

Nice column Miss Tila.

Lola

Posted at 11:48 AM on November 24, 2011

Tila u give good advices! U lived so many bad situations and got trough it!! Good Job Tila

Really?

Posted at 10:20 AM on November 24, 2011

Bonnie, you’re a joke for having this drugged out hypocrite write a column.

First she calls Ashton immature, and while he is, he’s 1000x more mature than someone who still goes by a nickname. Duh!

As for her bashing Kim Kardashian for the length of her marriage, look up the word “engaged” on Tila’s twitter feed and you’ll see she was engaged at least 5 times in the last 2 years including that fake engagement to Casey which ended up in that poor girl’s death and Tila trying to cash in on it.

But hey Bonnie, it’s all about trying to cash in cause that’s what you’re doing with this piece of Trash known as Tila Tequila.

Have A Seat

Posted at 8:31 AM on November 24, 2011

Love advice from someone who hasn’t had a “relationship” for longer than a month. Brilliant.

J t

Posted at 6:15 AM on November 24, 2011

This article shows complete immaturity! You nor anyone else has any idea of what has happened behind closed doors. Your piece is written by an “AIRHEAD”.

M

Posted at 9:10 AM on November 24, 2011

Yours is cheating on you right now. Have fun.

Shelly

Posted at 2:13 AM on November 24, 2011

You need to STFU. You can’t keep a man or a woman. If Ashton called you for a threesome tonight we would see the smoke from your shoes as you run almost butt naked to his house. Didn’t you make it appear like you and Tray was having a “thing” when you filmed Masterminds, yet he had a wife. I don’t know how you got or how you’re keeping this job when everything you have written about so far….you have been guilty of yourself. Go sit down.

diane

Posted at 12:15 AM on November 24, 2011

I agree that “once a cheater, always a cheater” IF the person youre cheating on is someone you remain with in spite of the realization that he or she is no longer the someone you really want to spend your life with and “trying to work it out”. I’ve been there! Everybody makes mistakes. I was married for about 5 years when I realized I had made a Hugh mistake. I had two children , so I stayed in my unhappy, loveless, lifeless marriage and eventually started cheating. Fast forward, I met a guy who completely satisfies me. We’ve been together 7 years now, and I have never once thought of cheating on him. Bottom line..when someone cheats, its because they are no longer satisfied with the relationship they’re in

Lover

Posted at 7:21 AM on November 24, 2011

I totally agree! I used to cheat all the time but the reason why I continued is because my BF would always forgive me for it. Not that it gives me the right to continue cheating on him, but I just started to lose more and more respect for him allowing me to treat him like crap so I kept on cheating. It was just a bad situation overall, for both of us.

Jane

Posted at 10:02 PM on November 23, 2011

I can’t get around what I am hearing about an open marriage. I hope that is not true for to have another woman or man in your bed other than your spouse is so sick. What would be the point of getting married if that was the case. Demi did whatever it took to keep Ashton which kept her young. That’s not a very good role model for her daughters. What do men and women think when they marry people so much younger than they are. Sooner or later, the rose fades and it is time for that younger person to move on.

terrilynn

Posted at 8:36 PM on November 23, 2011

Here is the deal. Ashton stood beside Demi and told us real men don’t buy girls. He inspired us. We girls thought, here is a real man, that dares to take on a real woman with children. He seemed to love them as his own, then he goes and sleeps with girls 11 and 12 years younger than him. So lame, so disappointed. He was on Pierce Morgan crying about the bad morals of grown men having sex with girls. What a liar and by the way the best acting he has ever mustered up. I hope Demi finds a real man, no matter what age, just a real one.

Team Demi

Posted at 7:23 AM on November 24, 2011

I agree! I’m so disappointed in him as well. He should make a new PSA called “REAL MEN DON’T CHEAT!”

Amy

Posted at 7:13 PM on November 23, 2011

IMO Demi Moore is no inspiration for anyone. The ones that have the real courage and are inspiring at the women and men that work hard for low wages, have two or three young children, and whose spouse goes out on them, so they choose to get divorced. These are the real, respectable heroes, the one’s that go back to school, raise their children to know honesty and self-respect is vital in any relationship especially honesty and respect for yourself. These the real heroes.
Demi Moore shows no self-respect whatsoever. She sends semi-nude pictures of herself in the bathroom or leaning over in only underwear. Nudity can be beautiful in photos and art work. Her photos were just seedy, she created some sick peep show of herself. She has had much plastic surgery, valuing her exterior while showing her insecurity with her looks and aging. She has 2 teenaged and 1 adult daughter, doesn’t think how she effects them.
She appears on videos drunk, reeling, dancing. and nearly falling. She clings to Ashton to physically hold her up. She is financially secure, has no young children, and hasn’t been married long. Six years is a short marriage in US, maybe not in Hollywood.
Her ways of coping now are going out to parties drinking, drugs? Maybe? She is brittle-looking, haggard, and good at posing for photographs at events. She unsuccessfully tries to convince herself, Ashton, and the public of what a great time she is having. She belongs to a cult. She’s a physical and emotional wreck, not a hero. I believe Ashton wanted the divorce, he could have been discreet but didn’t care enough. He is openly dating the Leal woman. I think Demi had no choice in the matter. at all. Ashton is letting her save face by filing first. I pity her daughters and applaud the more normal people divorcing cheating spouses with enormous challenges.

M

Posted at 9:18 AM on November 24, 2011

You’re a joke! Ashton let her save face!? Lol! Read his biography and you will know what a narcissist and stupid dickhead he is. He was a thief , a weak guy who tried to commit suicide and failed to save his brother because he was partying hard and taking drug and dropped out of university with excuses ‘oh, I can’t bear he’s dying!” He’s dating what? Lol! He was totally hiding all his affairs and this scandal was revealed by ‘the lovely drunk , attention grabbing and idiotic Leal’. If you can actually read, do it first before you put your foot in Ashton’s mouth like how Ashton did with Leal and his uneducated and uninformed comment on Twitter :P

Rodica

Posted at 6:33 PM on November 23, 2011

Not for all women…..EXCEPT ME Rodica Lacatis!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sarah

Posted at 6:31 PM on November 23, 2011

We all know that if Ashton called Tila right now and asked her to be in his next project she’d beg to have this erased in a heart beat. Sad that she didnt do her research on Ashton before writing this article. Just like you said Tila..it takes TWO to tango and you dont have your facts straight. 2nd fail of a post. Im sure you’ll be kissin Kim K’s butt next week ;)

M

Posted at 9:22 AM on November 24, 2011

Sure , because Ashton is the king of dickhead kingdom that is crumbling at your feet. Just be careful because he’s known for a mysterious disease : his dick keeps falling onto/into women.

Mary

Posted at 4:41 PM on November 23, 2011

Whoa, why just blame Ashton, look at Demi’s track record for marriages, some people arent geared for marriage!

rhonda

Posted at 6:29 PM on November 23, 2011

I agree with u to Mary….

Misha

Posted at 2:36 PM on November 23, 2011

Wasn’t he studying biochemical engineering or something b4 he became a model/actor? Doesn’t really sound like an airhead. LOL…I think it’s funny that Tila Tequila is bashing anyone…

Rhonda

Posted at 6:24 PM on November 23, 2011

I agree with u 110%!!

M

Posted at 9:24 AM on November 24, 2011

Yes a biochemical engineer who dropped out university due to drinking, drug , suicide and stealing issues. Wow! What a logical guy!

Really?

Posted at 10:25 AM on November 24, 2011

So a guy who dropped out of college is a prime candidate to get ripped on by a woman who can barely spell college?

You seem to be ignoring the point of the post you are commenting on M, this post was the fact that someone as dumb as Tila Tequila is attacking the intelligence of an engineering student. This is a woman who does not know when to use a simple apostrophe.

So we get it, you hate Ashton because of something that happens at every college to people who never go on to have a different career. Get over it.

vi

Posted at 1:45 PM on November 23, 2011

wait… so tila tequila is now giving relationship advice? and just when I thought hollywoodlife’s credibility couldnt get any lower…

Give Me A Break!

Posted at 1:43 PM on November 23, 2011

She is no inspiration to me. The woman had threesome’s with her husband and apparently he preferred the third wheel to his actual wife. Hard to have respect for someone that did not covet her marriage as something sacred and special. Why did they ever marry in the first place if they were not content with one another. I believe people like Demi/Ashton make a mockery out of marriage. When you have gay couples that want to be in a committed relationship with only each other and you have two people like Demi/Ashton who can legally marry but do not respect the sanctity of marriage I just find their behavior revolting and insulting.

Demi is nothing more than a cautionary tale.

What next? Are you going to start idolizing Kim Kardashian for ending her fake marriage?

Cho

Posted at 1:17 PM on November 23, 2011

I really can’t understand why men cheat. Ugh. Why don’t you learn to appreciate what you have? It really breaks my heart that nothing seems to last forever anymore. It’s almost rare to find relationships that last.

Lover

Posted at 7:30 AM on November 24, 2011

Well my parents have been married since they were 18 years old and now they are 57 years old and still happily married! So there ARE still VERY FEW lucky people who do end up staying happily ever after! :)

lonnie prince

Posted at 6:44 PM on November 24, 2011

HEY “LOVER” I’m happy for your parents… Being married for 39 years is quite an accomplishment,I bet thier real proud of you being a BLACK HEARTED WHORE…Obviously 39 years of marrage is subject to mistakes,YOUR LIVING PROOF OF THAT…