'X Factor' Recap: Josh Krajcik's Performance May Have Won Him The Competition

Tue, November 22, 2011 11:36pm EDT by 36 Comments
Josh Krajcik X Factor

Josh Krajcik gave the best performance of the season on ‘The X Factor’ Nov. 22. He may have just become this year’s winner!

A day earlier but equally as intriguing, tonight’s The X Factor was all about “giving thanks.” However, leave it to Josh Krajcik‘s performance to make me thankful to have The X Factor as a staple on my DVR.

Here are my thoughts on the contestants tonight:

Rachel Crow: Rachel has been a strong contender all along, and she was giving thanks to her adoptive parents by singing “I Believe” by Yolanda Adams, which for me was actually quite forgettable. She has a great voice but there were moments that she seemed uncomfortable with the song. It was a little too preachy for my tastes. But the judges loved it so she will be safe. I would have picked a more fun song, but starting first means people will forget the performance anyway. So it was good to start the show with Rachel who will not be in the bottom 2 at all this week.

Marcus Canty: Marcus made sure to give his thanks to his mother, who has been his everything. His song was “A Song For Mama” by Boys II Men, which almost made his mother pass out. It was a performance that Marcus connected to and really made his own. It wasn’t his best performance, but the crowd was loving every minute of it. Nicole Scherzinger even called it “so honest!” I’ll have to agree with Simon Cowell when he said, “I think he put himself back in the competition.” Marcus isn’t the best of the bunch, but I think he pulled enough heartstrings to stay one extra week.

Melanie Amaro: Melanie decided to thank God for her performance. I’m not even going to touch on that, but say she better have a great performance. So she decided to perform the song that has been on every X Factor video package, “The World’s Greatest” by R. Kelly. It started off not too special but I will have to say she was looking good. Her performance got better toward the end and then instead of the judges doing any type of judging, Melanie started rambling and crying and reverting to her original accent. I guess every episode deserves an emotional breakdown. Simon Cowell actually begged for her to stay on the show, which should save her for another week.

Chris Rene: Chris gave thanks to his counselor Tim, who he mentioned was the man who saved his life from the demons of drugs. He sang “Let It Be” by the Beatles, while adding the usual Chris spin on things by adding his own lyrics (which was actually the big highlight of his performance). The judges loved it and I was also a fan of the performance. Not the best of the night, but not the worst. I’m really pretty sure all those that have sung to this point should be safe. I’m still waiting for the epic performance of the night though.

Lakoda Rayne: Lakoda Rayne has had quite the up and down road on the show so far with a mixture of good and bad performances. Each individual member of the group gave thanks from everyone from grandparents to boyfriends. They decided to sing Taylor Swift’s “You Belong With Me,” but I wasn’t really a fan. I’m pretty sure they will be fighting for their lives tomorrow. The judges loved it, which is baffling. I mean they are hot and that might save them, but it wasn’t anything amazing at all.

LeRoy Bell: LeRoy Bell dedicated his performance to his mother, who had passed away two years ago. He decided to sing, “In The Arms Of An Angel” by Sarah McLachlan, which is a song that makes me think of that abused puppy commercial. Looks like Lakoda Rayne will have some competition as LeRoy Bell seems to be on the chopping block. However, the judges loved every minute of it. Apparently the judges and I are watching different shows tonight.

Astro: Astro performed a rap that was dedicated to all of his supporters. He had an amazingly bad week last week with his meltdown, but the judges did their best to save him. I think its going to be quite the uphill battle as the damage has been done. Astro is very talented, that is no doubt, but I think his ego and attitude will return. He apologized, but I am not sure that will be enough as the weeks continue. Maybe this week, but he really needs to have an epic performance in the weeks to come or he will be on the chopping block very soon.

Drew: Drew dedicated her performance to her best friend, Shelby. She decided to sing Demi Lovato‘s,”Skyscraper,” which is a great song but made me just realize how amazing Demi is at singing that song because Drew did not give that song the emotion it needed. Drew actually made it a song that I didn’t want to listen to anymore. And when L.A. Reid (who obviously has never heard of Demi Lovato) started to give bad reviews, I almost agreed with him. Sorry Leroy & Lakoda Rayne, you’re both still in trouble.

Josh Krajcik: Josh dedicated his song to his daughter, Rowan. Last week, Josh had the best performance of the night and tonight when he sang, “Wild Horses” by The Rolling Stones he totally knocked it out of the park and should be considered the front runner. It was his moment that showed he is now in his element. This performance was pretty incredible.

Who do YOU think will be cut tomorrow? There are two contestants that will be leaving us tomorrow! Who’s your favorite to win right now?

Loading video...

Russ Weakland

Trina Stiff

Posted at 12:54 AM on November 25, 2011

Josh, you had me the moment you opened your mouth to sing for your first audition and you have delivered every single week since then. When I listen to you sing, it brings tears and makes the little hairs on my arms stand straight up!! You have nailed every genre of music for the competition. I think the sky’s the limit for you!!

Brenda

Posted at 3:38 PM on November 24, 2011

Josh is the one to beat! Beautiful!

Barbara Cross

Posted at 12:33 PM on November 24, 2011

Josh captivated me with his pure soulful voice on day one of the competition. What a sweet man. I am a 75 yr young HS teacher retiree and enjoy my music, all kinds. Josh caught my attention right away (standing out for me in a crowd). His dream (to sing) was meant to be – his mom knows that. I have voted for him every week. I predict he will top all the rest and have a totally deserved career. A sea of wannabes competing for the prize cannot cloud the real deal, a truthfilled talent like his…It doesn’t get any better than that. No drama, just love and a great voice!

Lola

Posted at 8:36 PM on November 23, 2011

Josh is absolutely the best. Never had a bad performance. Hope he wins,

Tom in Memphis

Posted at 4:58 PM on November 23, 2011

Some great people have done this song before, but none more hauntingly than Josh last night. It comes down to Josh and Melanie in the finals. Last night was one of those “winning” performances where you felt envious of the people who got to see it live!

Phaeda

Posted at 7:05 PM on November 23, 2011

100% agree. Here are two facts that people need to understand when casting their vote, first, through the entire shows existence Josh has not had a single bad review from judges or people. Second, it doesn’t really matter what kind of music you like, this performance was absolutely amazing… breathtakingly amazing. I’ll admit i like Melanie at the get-go, but the flawlessness of Mr.Krajcik has moved me.

Pamela Lynn

Posted at 4:09 PM on November 23, 2011

Only reason to watch the show is to hear Josh Krajcik!!!!

L Ladrach

Posted at 2:49 PM on November 23, 2011

SOMEBODY PLEASE mention on the show that Josh is from Wooster OH, not Columbus (that is just where he has lived the past few years). We are all so proud of him!

SLR

Posted at 12:01 PM on November 23, 2011

Josh = WINNER Nobody else has the extended talent he has. Melanie is a good singer but, can she write music, play the guitar, and sing incredibly? Josh can. Can’t wait for his being named the winner.

Bob Riley

Posted at 1:02 PM on November 23, 2011

He is the one I have been the most impressed with on every episode this season. His performance last night was just amazing. Pulling for him to win and I hope we hear much more from him in the future. Good luck Josh!!!!

Sherrie Dennis

Posted at 11:19 AM on November 23, 2011

Josh, you ARE a sweet, lovely man with a voice and talent that still makes me cry. I remember when you found out that you were going to have a baby. She’s a beautiful young lady now and I know you are as proud of her as I am of you!
You stole the show last night but stold my heart many years ago as a unique child of the universe, just wantin’ to sing and be YOU. May God bless you and your family!!!
Your old art teacher….

Phaeda

Posted at 7:07 PM on November 23, 2011

Touching… thumbs up!

J88eddy

Posted at 9:47 AM on November 23, 2011

Josh was simply amazing. Week in and week out, he avoids the drama and just professionally delivers.

Rick Brown

Posted at 8:12 AM on November 23, 2011

Josh is the best, can not wait for his first cd. I still can not figure out how LA Reid can make the comment almost each week about performers other then his own doing the same old thing. Astro does the same thing every perofrmance. He has to go.

Carol Sayers

Posted at 6:39 AM on November 23, 2011

Josh, from the beginning your goal was to win this competition. I am certain you will achieve your goal. Congratulations!

Maureen

Posted at 4:36 AM on November 23, 2011

I totally agree with all you said, especially about Josh. He is fantastic! He caught my eyes and ears right from the start. Great job!

Shoshannah

Posted at 3:37 AM on November 23, 2011

I’ve wanted Josh to win since I saw his audition. I want it more than ever now. I could just cry when I hear him sing, especially Wild Horses. What an amazing talent!

brad

Posted at 2:19 AM on November 23, 2011

From your comments regarding Josh and Melanie my first impression was of course that you are in the Josh camp and feel threatened by Mel.

Aaron

Posted at 2:10 AM on November 23, 2011

Sorry most weeks I can see why people don’t like LeRoy. Not this week. Josh and LeRoy 1 and 2 this week.

Melody Treece

Posted at 1:06 AM on November 23, 2011

OMG !!!!! Beautiful Song Choice….Beautiful Josh ! Seeeriuosly…U just won X Factor in my eyes !!!

michael mendenhall

Posted at 1:04 AM on November 23, 2011

Wow the best song for you ever don’t get beter then that kids

jar1953

Posted at 12:49 AM on November 23, 2011

Our hometown boy Josh….all the way.

John

Posted at 12:39 AM on November 23, 2011

There are several really great contestants who I am in no hurry to see go, but Josh is the only performer I can’t wait to see and gives me chills every single week. I still watch his initial audition and it gives me the goosebumps. I absolutely love him, his voice and his personality. What an authentic guy. Reminds me of a cross between Joe Cocker, Bob Seger and Eddie Vedder.

Carol

Posted at 10:14 AM on November 23, 2011

It’s like this comment could have been written by ME! I totally agree and can’t wait for Josh’s performance next week.

John

Posted at 12:31 AM on November 23, 2011

Pretty self-serving comments on Melanie. She was simply amazing – one of the most honest performances I’ve seen. The “emotional breakdown?” happens when people are genuinely grateful. cold.

Lauren

Posted at 12:21 AM on November 23, 2011

omg, i got chills listening to him sing.. he is truly talented and one to be watched this season!

Alison

Posted at 12:13 AM on November 23, 2011

Absolutely unbelievable performance by Josh tonight (again). I have tonight’s show taped and have already watched his performance many times over. Unforgettable.

hector palacios

Posted at 11:52 PM on November 22, 2011

Incredible song loved it. Josh your my winner of the show.

Cynthia aka FLmommie

Posted at 11:50 PM on November 22, 2011

Russ…I gotta say your review of tonights X Factor was spot on. Everyone in my house was saying the same thing tonight. Unless America does one of those crazy voting surprises, I can’t wait to by my first of many Josh concert tickets. I cast my vote for him tonight and the phone lines were on fire.

jade

Posted at 2:09 AM on November 23, 2011

Josh is great…but so is Melanie. I love her voice–and her accent. Go girl!!!

Vicki

Posted at 9:40 AM on November 23, 2011

Josh is an iconic musician. I felt thankful just to be able to watch him perform his music live on tv last night. I cannot wait to see him in concert. I also believe that he is and will continue to make an amazing impact with his music. He is by far the best of the group!