Pregnant Jessica Simpson's Shocking Warning From Her Doctor

Tue, November 22, 2011 11:03am EDT by 31 Comments
Jessica Simpson Pregnancy Drama

Jessica Simpson Pregnancy

This should be the happiest time of her life, but health woes, sleepless nights and prenup drama are stressing Jessica out! She’s fed up!

Jessica Simpson was glowing when she announced her pregnancy, but all of that has changed as medical and family drama put her life in turmoil. “She’s said it’s been a difficult pregnancy — she’s been dizzy and nauseous,” a friend told OK!. And her pregnancy has been so difficult that doctors even gave 31-year-old Jessica a stern warning — no more junk food or you’ll hurt the baby!

“They beg her to ease off, but so far she has not been able to help herself,” a friend revealed to OK!. “Everything she eats is highly processed with chemicals and preservatives, white flour and sugar.” Jessica’s been known to love her junk food, but now that she’s pregnant she has an excuse to it her favorite treats (check out below for a step-by-step look at her cravings).

“Her mom and sister Ashlee tell her that all those chemicals are bad for the baby, but she won’t listen,” the insider added. “Jessica has always loved to eat; almost to the point of addiction. Jessica’s drug of choice is food and has been since she was a little kid.”

And fiance Eric Johnson isn’t helping her stay healthy: “She’ll tell Eric to bring her home a brownie, but once she has one, it kind of kicks in a binge. She’ll move onto ice cream, then she’ll want something salty, like potato chips with French onion dip.”

Jessica’s unhealthy diet has made her gain way more weight, and now she’s so uncomfortable. “Everything on her is swollen — out to her feet and hands,” the source told OK!. “Jess says she feels like a beached whale. She’s always too hot. She’s taking three showers a day.”

To make matters worse, the stress has led to many sleepless nights! “She can never find the right position,” the source explained. “Jess is a stomach sleeper and has a hard time adjusting; her breasts and belly are so big. Since she’s pregnant, she can’t even take a mild sleeping pill.”

But finding the right sleeping position isn’t what’s keeping her up at night — it’s the drama between her fiance and her dad, Joe Simpson! According to OK!, Eric is refusing to sign a prenup, and Joe isn’t happy. “It’s been getting worse by the day,” the source said. “Instead of resolving stuff, they’ve only dug themselves deeper. Until this all started they had the most harmonious relationship. But the other day, Jessica said she was starting to think they’d never work it out.”

All the fighting has led to postponing the wedding! But publicly, Jess still says it’s because of her hormones. “When I get stressed out, it’s like 50 times worse,” she said. “So I really want to enjoy that day and now I get to have my baby with me.”

How can Jess stay positive with all the stress? “She just wants to have the baby and be a mom already,” the friend said.

But despite all the drama, the singer-turned-designer can still lean on her fiance and her sister Ashlee Simpson. Throughout all the health scares and nightmares, Ashlee’s counseled Jess. The mom of almost 3-year-old Bronx talks to Jess constantly over the phone and in person, and she’s the ONLY one who can calm her down. To keep Jessica happy, Eric sweetly holds doors open for her, rubs her swollen feet and lets her take her bad mood out on him. “Jessica seems to feel that Eric’s only job in life should be pleasing her,” a source said.

Jessica’s Unhealthy Pregnancy Cravings
Jessica’s eating for two — but she’s taking it to a new level with sugar, sodium and other bad snacks! “It’s wrecking havoc on her blood pressure and cholesterol,” a source told OK!. Here’s some of the worst offenders in her diet:

• Jack in the Box shakes: Jessica loves them, but they’re 700 calories!
  • Sweet and salty snacks — together: Her favorite snack is salt and vinegar chips, dip and M&Ms, but that’s a day’s worth of salt and sugar.
  • Taco Bell: The fast food joint is easily accessible, but a meal there can be 14 grams of fat.
  • In-n-Out Burger: Sure the cheeseburgers are delicious, but the 1,440 grams of sodium is far from a healthy option.

Did YOU have bad pregnancy cravings? What are your healthy eating tips for Jessica?

-Anna Moeslein

More Jessica Simpson:

1. Jessica Simpson Had A Star-Studded Baby Shower
  2. Jessica Simpson Says She’ll Give Birth In High Heels
  3. Jessica Simpson’s BFF Ken Paves Wants To Be Her Baby’s Godfather!

Rax

Posted at 9:03 PM on February 5, 2012

NO CEILINGS…

Angie

Posted at 4:08 PM on December 14, 2011

Jessica messed up when she let her father destroy her marriage to Nick. This new guy looks a little creepy and probably sees her as his meal ticket IF he’s refusing to sign a prenup. His role model is probably Kevin Federline.

Kim

Posted at 1:31 PM on December 14, 2011

It’s disappointing how far away from their Christian values Jessica and her family have drifted. In the beginning, Joe used their Christianity as a selling point for his daughters to be good role models to young girls. Now, both were pregnant before they married, both are divorced and both have been rumored to have done a lot of sleeping around. And during it all, Joe made a ton of money.

Miya

Posted at 5:32 PM on December 13, 2011

I just gave birth to two beautiful baby girls.
Sophia Loreen, and Carmelia Hope. I ate junk food 24/7!! They weighed 6 pounds and 3 ounces, and the other weighed 5 pounds, 7 ounces, they were perfectly healthy babies! I don’t believe that crap about the junk food! The babies loved it :)

HAHAHA

Posted at 5:07 PM on December 13, 2011

Ok I have 2 very healthy children and I ate a lot of junk with them and actually with my youngest I ate french fries EVERYDAY.. Actually Fries were the only thing I could eat that wouldnt make me barf… seriously… anyway unless she has diabetes or eclamsia (however u spell it) I wouldnt worry about it and yes being over 6 months pregnant you would have already had the testing… anyway If we all havent already learned here is a little tip EVERY PREGNANCY IS DIFFERENT… some bodies can handle the junk over load better then others… and as my doc told me “If you have been an avid junk food eater then ore then likly you will be just fine”!!! and they have said in this artical she has been since she was a kid then leave her be damn!!! thx my rant is over

Chels

Posted at 4:55 PM on December 13, 2011

You guys also have to put in mind that if she does keep eating yes its normal but can also make her have preeclampsia…Which can put her in a COMA if she isnt careful..also can affect the baby by not getting enough oxygen…

amy

Posted at 3:21 PM on December 5, 2011

Uhhh sounds like she is pregnant to me…Like a “normal” person!

Anonymous

Posted at 8:25 PM on December 4, 2011

I have never had children myself, however my sister has just given birth to a healthy and very fast growing boy 6 weeks ago, he is already in 3-6 month old clothes and out of the bassinet… SHE ATE JUNK FOOD!!…. I say let her do it, she needs to eat and if you start scrutinizing what she eats now, it can lead to an eating disorder, which can be very dangerous, especially if you’re pregnant!!

Anonymous

Posted at 4:38 PM on December 3, 2011

I drink diet soda’s during my pregnancy and junk food sometimes so that IS fulll of crap. EVERYTHING WAS FINE IN MY PREGNANCY! let her eat what she wants!!!!

Anonymous

Posted at 1:10 AM on December 3, 2011

When i was pregnant with twins, i ate junk food 24/7 and it was never a problem so thats bull

Esther

Posted at 10:12 PM on November 26, 2011

I really like Jessica, although I am not a fan of her living with her husband to be, and being pregnant out of wedlock (She made Nick wait until after they were married. Why not wait until you get married after a divorce as well, if that is where your moral stance is?) That aside though, a baby is a blessing, and I hope she is enjoying her pregnancy. She seems like a sweet lady.

I too have never heard of a woman being warned about junk food, unless they have high blood pressure, or are gaining weight too quickly, and pregnancy diabeties is a worry. I hope she has a very healthy pregnancy, and gets married very soon after :) I am admit it. I am old fashioned woman of faith, and believe Jessica is too deep down in her heart, so I hope she will return to those roots now that she is becoming a mom herself.

cindylouwho

Posted at 9:45 AM on November 23, 2011

She is now permanently FAT.

Jess has Masculine facial features,hope it is a boy.

Eating that junk puts tremendous strain on the heart. those are common Pregnancy woes but all that junk food only makes it worse. with her money she could have a vegan chef, massages,pedicures, comfy clothes and travel in luxury

Cleveland Gal

Posted at 9:41 AM on November 23, 2011

Cleveland Gal

Posted at 9:40 AM on November 23, 2011

I am not a fan of Jessica but, I am amazed at the mean comments on here about her weight and her looks. First of all this woman is average in size and that is beautiful-I would much rather see a woman with curves than ones with no figure with the bones jutting through their clothes with the look of starvation on their face that is not attractive. Besides that her body is none of your business.

V8Slap

Posted at 4:20 PM on November 24, 2011

I agree with you, Cleveland. Everyone who is being mean spirited on here needs to remember that karma will get you.

Anyone ever think and maybe this is fabricated? Just a thought.

Congratulations, Jessica, on your pregnancy. You are a beautiful pregnant woman.

Ugh

Posted at 11:33 PM on November 22, 2011

What a fatass! She’s so STUPID and ugly. She needs to eat health PERIOD. God poor kid…

Kager

Posted at 5:03 PM on November 22, 2011

She shouldn’t use the baby as a reason to eat crap. It should be her reason to eat healthfully.

Hope

Posted at 3:50 PM on November 22, 2011

how can anyone say something like “I ate junk food when I was pregnant and I’m fine” when we know about how horrible the foods mentioned are for anyone’s body let alone a pregnant woman? Perhaps a silly article like this can help MANY pregnant women realize that eating well will not only help them to feel better but is also better for the developing person inside of her. There are lots of alternatives to “junk” food that could be consumed instead.

t

Posted at 3:16 PM on November 22, 2011

Inconsiderate loser! Stop calling people fat you know that causes body image problems and even suicide!

lily

Posted at 2:25 PM on November 22, 2011

Another narcisstic mother to be! Look at me everyone I am stressed, look at me I have swollen ankles, look at me I am pregnant and cannot handle getting fat and crave junk food! Aww poor me. Ever considered using birth control Jess? Grow up!

latty

Posted at 2:19 PM on November 22, 2011

OMG Jessica, you are stressed, bloated, morning sickness, geez whooda thought? You need to grow up lady! Welcome to the real world you sniviling sissy.

socalgal619

Posted at 12:24 PM on November 22, 2011

Oh puh-lease. Like she’s the first pregnant woman to be dizzy, nauseous and stressed? And her fiance’ refusing to sign a prenup. HUUUUGE RED FLAG! That’s what she gets for letting go of the best thing that has ever happened to her (Nick). Karma b***h, karma!

Courtney

Posted at 12:08 PM on November 22, 2011

oh shut up those issues are common with pregnancy for most women

Blahblah

Posted at 11:05 PM on November 22, 2011

agree. im 8 1/2 months pregnant, all common most of the time. ive been dizzy my whole pregnancy, its called being pregnant everyone gets different problems. its that so called fiance…ugh what was she thinking having a baby with that man. bad idea just screams all over his face.

dawn

Posted at 12:04 PM on November 22, 2011

this is all BS. I ate a lot of junk food when i was prego. Potato chips, sloppy joes, McDonalds chicken nuggets (only the breading) french fries, ect. My doc never said anything to me about it. Did tell me to try and cut down on the sodas. And yes, you can take sleeping pills. My doc suggested unisom or any kind that didnt have pain reliever in it unless i was having a pain. Of course you cant sleep good when you are over 6 months prego. Your belly is huge, baby wants to play soccer, you have to pee. Quit making a big deal out of what EVERY pregnant women goes thru just because she is a celeb.

bellaluna

Posted at 4:10 PM on November 23, 2011

Agreed. The inability to sleep is “practice” for the lack of sleep you’ll be getting once baby is born. Get used to it. You won’t get a good nights sleep for another 18-21 years.

I was a stomach sleeper until I got pregnant with my eldest child. Things change, and we change or suffer.

Diet-wise, I’d be more concerned about the sodium content because of pre-eclampsia.

Andrey Min'kov

Posted at 12:00 PM on November 22, 2011

How to live at the expense of others and not to work? Jessica it knows!

Anonymous

Posted at 11:56 AM on November 22, 2011

Jessica Simpson is the fattest ugliest pregnant woman ever. Bad case of man face.

Anonymous2

Posted at 12:04 PM on November 22, 2011

I’m sure they said that about your mom when she was pregnant with you, asshole!!!

gbtw

Posted at 7:30 PM on November 30, 2011

haha… so ridiculous. jessica couldn’t be ugly if she tried. they’d have to do charlese theron “monster” makeup to make jessica ugly, and frankly, even that probably wouldn’t work.