Angelina Jolie: I'm 'Lucky' To Be Alive After All My 'Darker Times'

Tue, November 22, 2011 8:04pm EDT by 9 Comments
Angelina Jolie Drugs

Angelina Jolie is surprised she didn’t die already, after her wild younger years

Angelina Jolie wasn’t always the saint-like charitable mother of six she is today. In fact, the 36-year-old actor opens up during an interview airing on 60 Minutes this Sunday about how she was so wild when she was younger, she’s thankful to be alive.

“I went through heavy darker times and I survived them,” Angelina admits. “I didn’t die young, so I’m very lucky. There are other artists and people who didn’t survive certain things.”

When pressed about the “darker times,” Angie laughs it off. “I was hoping you’d miss that!” she says. “Nothing I want to go into a lot of detail about, but I think people can imagine that I did the most dangerous and I did the worst—and for many reasons I shouldn’t be here.”

She adds, “”You think of those too many times where you came close to too many dangerous things, too many chances taken too far.”

Be sure to catch Angelina’s full interview when it airs this Sunday on 60 Minutes.

iphy

Posted at 11:20 AM on November 23, 2011

she knows that people are tired of hearing about her children and her love life with her grandpa. she changed the story back to her former drug life talked about severally.

Andrey Min'kov

Posted at 1:19 PM on November 23, 2011

Present Angi life and at once it becomes easy

Andrey Min'kov

Posted at 8:11 AM on November 23, 2011

Thirst of life has won?

uchy

Posted at 4:26 AM on November 23, 2011

I think this is a sort of damage control about what was published about her in intouch magazine. this is not her first time of talking about it. i know she became a good girl after wrecking a home

Amy

Posted at 6:00 AM on November 23, 2011

Uchy, such a stupid comment. First of all, tabloids write something bad about Angelina every week. So it doesn’t make sense to claim “damage control”. I don’t know what IT said but it’s probably the same old Brad and/or Angelina is having an affair, she abuses the kids, she’s a drug addict, etc. Also 60 Minutes starts the interview process weeks and months in advance. Not on a whim just a couple of days prior to the airdate.

uchy

Posted at 8:51 AM on November 23, 2011

At least she has admitted she still bad

karen

Posted at 9:49 AM on November 23, 2011

She’s Bad for her man..

I think Brad loves it..

haters got to hate.

karen

Posted at 9:47 AM on November 23, 2011

So how many other sites are you going to post that stupid comment..

she did this interview weeks ago. Long before a tabloid story. But of course you didn’t know that.

so typical of the haters. A day late and fact are always wrong.

chyoma

Posted at 11:06 AM on November 23, 2011

same old storyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. i have heard it before. so why don’t she tell another story apart from using her personal life to promote a movie.